• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Xbox One or Playstation 4? What are you getting?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which are you getting?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 89 59.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Both Suck.. PC RULES!

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters
I'm sorry, how does this make sense? Can you explain this a bit more..

has something to do with the licensing with the NFL and NFLPA. It's something like you can develop a game and get it licensed by the NFL, but it can't be for multiple consoles. It has to be a console exclusive thing. I don't know the logistics of it. That's why the Madden franchise is the only NFL game, but there used to be things like NFL Blitz, NFL Street etc.

FFXII had the best JRPG combat engine.. Game was like crack. Only RPG where I logged more than 220 hours. Star Ocean 3 was second up at 207 IIRC.

Now that I think of it, yeah.. I think time played would be something like:

1) FFXII - 224hrs (100% completion, all weapons, all quests)
2) SO3 - 207hrs (100% completion, all weapons, items made)
3) New Vegas - 196hrs (100% completion, Brotherhood)
4) Fallout3 - 170hrs (100% completion, Brotherhood)
5) Oblivion - 150hrs (90% completion, all gates)
6) DA:O - 130hrs (99% completion, missing like 2 sidequests)
7) KOTOR - 124hrs (100%)
8) FFX - 120hrs (100%, all monsters, best weapons)
9) FFVII - 110hrs (100%, all side quests, all bonuses)
10) Xenogears - 104hrs (100%, all side quests, adult Emeralda)

SO2 was better than SO3.

SO3's ending ruined the whole story. It was another ME3 failure level event.

SO2 was better than SO3.

SO3's ending ruined the whole story. It was another ME3 failure level event.

SO2 was better.. That was an amazing game.

SO3 was VERY close to that, I mean, really close. But the third act, omfg... I remember when they first began to explain this shit and I was like... come the fuck on.

But, it was just like The Matrix, The Thirteenth Floor, existenZ, etc... The only thing about those movies was that, they prepped you very early on to expect something might be up. The twist came early enough in the movies and the viewer was hinted at enough before the reveal that they had figured it out themselves - so it wasn't a shock.

SO3 was like basically being mind-raped.. You had NO IDEA this was where they were going..

None.

KOTOR always fucked me because, if you dont go in the right order or don't have a high enough persuade skill you can't 100% it.

That said , I recently discovered you can play it on your phone and it blows my mind.

What's weird is that KOTOR II, if you can get past the unfinished nature of it, had superior gameplay.. I could play that game forever because the game engine itself (as broken as it was) was so intricate and interesting.

Just wish they hadn't fucked that game up so bad.

SO3 was like basically being mind-raped.. You had NO IDEA this was where they were going..

None.

That's basically what happened with Mass Effect 3. They had all these cool possibilities and the promise of an epic final battle, only to have some star kid present you with three magical options that resolve everything while somehow managing to not be at all satisfying. It basically looked like they ran out of money right before the final battle so they just cobbled something together in ten minutes and went with it.

So I haven't had xbox live for a while now..I saw this thing for free games in April with the Gold program.

If I just get 1 month of gold and download the free games, do I get to keep them forever or is it just in the 15 day period those games are available for download?

So I haven't had xbox live for a while now..I saw this thing for free games in April with the Gold program.

If I just get 1 month of gold and download the free games, do I get to keep them forever or is it just in the 15 day period those games are available for download?

If you are on xbox one you lose access to the games when your live subscription expires.

New deal for XBOX One I just saw....

Get XBOX One plus four Halo games (assuming the Master Chief Collection) for $349.

But, Halo 5 looks pretty sweet!

What's weird is that KOTOR II, if you can get past the unfinished nature of it, had superior gameplay.. I could play that game forever because the game engine itself (as broken as it was) was so intricate and interesting.

Just wish they hadn't fucked that game up so bad.

Couldn't agree more. Story in that game was just incredibly weak too. ALthough to be fair, not much could follow up the strong KOTOR plot. I think I've played that game at least 20 times.

Couldn't agree more. Story in that game was just incredibly weak too. ALthough to be fair, not much could follow up the strong KOTOR plot. I think I've played that game at least 20 times.

Had they not referenced Revan so much, and built a story around The Exile - and not Revan - the story would have had more meaning to the player.

Instead, by continually, constantly, referencing Revan, the problem became that the player wants to see/be Revan again.

KOTOR II's character development and dialogue was vastly superior to KOTOR, but since the story was so weak, there were so many plot-holes, and you generally were left feeling uninterested or bogged down in what appeared to be petty squabbles between Kreia and her former apprentices (compared to Revan's travels), that you really couldn't get into the game's story as much as you might want to.

The writers built up Revan so much, that it really made it feel like you were on one long side quest that was totally unimportant by comparison to Revan's story.

It was unfortunate, but writers did the same exact thing with the Dragon Age sequels.

Where the fuck is the Grey Warden?

"Warden this, Warden that, Hero of Ferelden blah blah blah" but all the while, that isn't you. Just let me play as my original character.

Had they not referenced Revan so much, and built a story around The Exile - and not Revan - the story would have had more meaning to the player.

Instead, by continually, constantly, referencing Revan, the problem became that the player wants to see/be Revan again.

KOTOR II's character development and dialogue was vastly superior to KOTOR, but since the story was so weak, there were so many plot-holes, and you generally were left feeling uninterested or bogged down in what appeared to be petty squabbles between Kreia and her former apprentices (compared to Revan's travels), that you really couldn't get into the game's story as much as you might want to.

The writers built up Revan so much, that it really made it feel like you were on one long side quest that was totally unimportant by comparison to Revan's story.

It was unfortunate, but writers did the same exact thing with the Dragon Age sequels.

Where the fuck is the Grey Warden?

"Warden this, Warden that, Hero of Ferelden blah blah blah" but all the while, that isn't you. Just let me play as my original character.

Grey Warden was the hero of the 1st game, Hero of Ferelden is the 2nd game, and obviously your hero in Inquisition screwed up the spell allowing him to close rifts. All self contained stories that are all part of a larger world story. Not really seeing the similarities between KOTOR and KOTOR 2...

Grey Warden was the hero of the 1st game, Hero of Ferelden is the 2nd game, and obviously your hero in Inquisition screwed up the spell allowing him to close rifts. All self contained stories that are all part of a larger world story. Not really seeing the similarities between KOTOR and KOTOR 2...

I see what he's saying. I haven't beaten Inquisition yet but I definitely get the comparison to the second one. In DAO2, there is a lot of dialogue referencing the Grey Warden and how awesome he was, how he saved the world. Throughout the game you often felt like your current character was inferior to the previous one. At least I did.

Same thing between the Exile and Revan. Oh, the Exile has a wound in the force around her? Cool.

I see what he's saying. I haven't beaten Inquisition yet but I definitely get the comparison to the second one. In DAO2, there is a lot of dialogue referencing the Grey Warden and how awesome he was, how he saved the world. Throughout the game you often felt like your current character was inferior to the previous one. At least I did.

Same thing between the Exile and Revan. Oh, the Exile has a wound in the force around her? Cool.

Exactly.

I guess I've always looked at it slightly differently.

Like okay, my character is a shmuck compared to the previous hero. But the point of the game is creating the story for my character to be even greater than the previous hero. While I've felt that my character was inferior earlier in the game, it made the character feel more authentic for overcoming his own obstacles. My DAI guy has united a nation, defeated 10 dragons, sealed the rift, and rebuilt the templars/circle in a better image. Did my DA2 character do half of that? Not a chance.

I don't get attached to a character. I get attached to the world. You can tell me a million stories from that world.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."