• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fastlane Tonight - in Cleveland!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It'd would b nice if the 3rd guy was Lesnar, but it'll probably be someone like Cena.

Back to being boring.

Shit finish.

We have a champion that will run away everynight.

I really hate Cena. He gets powerbombed and just jumps up like nothing happened. So obnoxious.

About WrestleMania:

1.) Ladder match went shorter than I thought, but still a great match & everyone worked hard. Had a couple crazy bumps, but nothing outrageous. The right guy went over, especially if they want to give the belt more prestige. I liked the backstage segment, but it would've done more had they not had so much campiness behind it.

2.) As soon as Orton won, the odds of Rollins cashing in increased. However, I still didn't see it coming, basically because I didn't see them ending Mania like that. Sticking to this match, it wasn't a great match, but it was definitely a good match that was made better by the finish.

3.) Not gonna lie, I totally marked out when DX & NWO came out, no matter how illogical it was that the NWO were enemies of Sting and, more importantly, enemies of WCW itself. It made for great buffer & if you say you didn't eat it up, you're lying. That being said, all that going on (HHH would have been protected like crazy if he lost) & they still can't have Sting pin HHH, in what could be his only match in WWE ever?

3a) So, HHH hits Sting in the head with a freaking sledgehammer, and 5 minutes after the match, Sting agrees to shake his hand? Um... what?

3b) All that being said, it was insane to actually see Sting fight in WWE. I'm not gonna lie, him getting pinned ruined it a bit for me (as did all of the illogical stuff), but the moment was unreal & the match itself was better than I expected & ended up being pretty damn good.

4.) Good Divas match that was better than we see most PPVs. We're actually getting legit storylines with them, as well. These 4 have proven if they get the time, they can go in the ring.

5.) It killed me to see Cena be the one to end Rusev's undefeated streak. I do believe they could've built Rusev up enough to build the title's prestige, but I do understand that putting the strap on Cena builds it up now. I don't mind Cena winning because of two reasons:

5a) It gives Cena a fresh batch of opponents, most of whom Cena will have great matches with (Cena's proven he can go with the right workers).

5b) It keeps Cena out of the world title picture & starts his transformation into a different role in the company.

6.) The Rock/Rousey segment was amazing. The skill of being good heels obviously runs in the family, as Steph truly is the best heel in the company. That's not a knock on the other heels at all, she's just that freaking good. Rock has never missed a beat & does everything well. Hope we see more come from all this.

7.) Wyatt/Taker was a lot better than I expected. Taker looked a lot better than he did last year & he worked well in there. The right guy went over, especially with Taker probably retiring soon. Plus, it just adds to Brock's legacy that he'll be the only one to beat Taker at Mania. Wyatt can come back from this & this gives him an opportunity to tweak his character a bit.

8.) Holy shit, was I surprised by the main event on a couple levels:

8a) Never ever thought the actual match would be that damn good. Far exceeded my expectations. They beat the hell out of each other, were stiff, made the entire match believable. Reigns' comeback didn't feel campy, Brock refused to go down, and Reigns refused to be pinned. Great drama, even better action.

8b) Rollins cashing in. Absolutely the correct call. Lesnar looks like a badass for the beating he put on Reigns, plus the fact that he didn't get pinned. Reigns is protected & looks like a badass for taking the beating and the fact that it took so much for him to finally be pinned. Rollins not only looks smart for cashing in there, but he also looks like a badass for cashing in during the match and not after.

9.) Seriously one of the best WrestleManias ever.

The title match was awesome.

Agreed. Tag in after HHH/Rock carry the match, slap the arm bar on Stephanie, crowd goes ballistic. There's definitely a way to make it work, and it's too good not to happen.
Screw that let rousy take out triple hhh and stephanie

Back to being boring.

Shit finish.

We have a champion that will run away everynight.

You mean a heel is a snakey coward? Like Edge was in his feuds with Cena where he was absolute money? It's one of the least done heel archetypes. It's awesome.

You mean a heel is a snakey coward? Like Edge was in his feuds with Cena where he was absolute money? It's one of the least done heel archetypes. It's awesome.

Not only that, but they've booked Seth as a badass thus far as well, so he's not the typical coward heel who runs all the time.

1.) They had him cash in during the match and didn't wait for the winner to be decided.

2.) As soon as the "title match" started last night, he went in the ring and taunted Brock with the title. It wasn't until Brock was going on his rampage that he ran.

Not only that, but they've booked Seth as a badass thus far as well, so he's not the typical coward heel who runs all the time.

1.) They had him cash in during the match and didn't wait for the winner to be decided.

2.) As soon as the "title match" started last night, he went in the ring and taunted Brock with the title. It wasn't until Brock was going on his rampage that he ran.

I wouldn't call it badass, I'd call it full of himself. J&J security is amazing, and it helps that Noble and Mercury can actually work and sell. They're like better versions of the Edgeheads.

Man, now I know how the trolls feel that run up in the Game of Thrones thread calling us nerds. Bless your wrestling hearts. :sprt (7):

Man, now I know how the trolls feel that run up in the Game of Thrones thread calling us nerds. Bless your wrestling hearts. :sprt (7):
When wrestling has actual scripts that are entertaining then it can be good tv. At the end of day its fake just as much GoT is or any other tv show. At least they dont use stunt doubles :chuckle: well except for Mizdow...

You make a point, maybe its just been a while since we seen a champion running.

I got back into wrestling a year ago just before wrestlemania XXX. I ordered the network the night of XXX and have watched every pay per view since. Being 26 watching wrestling compared to watching it as a little guy, the point of view is defiantly not the same, but the passion is. I grew up rooting for the baby faces like Austin, Rock, D-X, and would occasionally drift over to the heel side (Kane, triple h). Now its completely flipped. I constantly cheer the Authority, boo cena, and marvel at the job guys like Rollins do on the mic and in the ring. Although wrestling is fake, you have to appreciate the work these guys do. Night after night, traveling across the country competing in front of sold out arenas. There is defiantly an art to it and you can see it each week. The electricity and passion that goes into a live event is like none other. I went to raw in June and TLC in December and had easily one of the best times of my life. The wwe universe is a real thing, and you defiantly feel it at each arena youre in. Sometimes its predictable, boring, and down right stupid. But i cant see myself loving it as much as i do without those times. For every fandango stardust match, theres an incredible moment like lesnar's rampage on raw, and rollins cashing in at WM31. For every stupid "believe that" line theres a "ladies and gentleman, my name is paul heyman"." The landscape and point of view is different for everyone and unlike most major sports, nobody's opinion is ever wrong. Sure you can argue Cena should beat Rusev because he's Cena, but you could also argue that Rusev should beat cena becasue he's cena. Its a fascinating form of entertainment and i hope others who dont watch will give it an honest try. You may surprised and how much fun you really have.

@Bill Walton. You're pretty much on the same page as I am. I tend to enjoy the heels more than the faces now, especially when they do a great job at it. That's why I've always liked Triple H. The dude was just born to be a heel. He makes people hate him better than almost anyone in WWF history without the last name McMahon, and Steph has basically taken over her father's mantle and just knows how to rile up a crowd. Her trolling of the crowd at Wrestlemania was hilarious.

Mostly, though, I just like watching good matches. That's why I've really enjoyed watching NXT. There's still story lines, but they take a backseat to the in ring action, and most of the in ring stuff is spectacular. That Owens/Neville match a few weeks back was incredible, and the Owens/Balor match was great too. It seems like every week they have a match that's better than anything the actual WWE puts out.

@Bill Walton. You're pretty much on the same page as I am. I tend to enjoy the heels more than the faces now, especially when they do a great job at it. That's why I've always liked Triple H. The dude was just born to be a heel. He makes people hate him better than almost anyone in WWF history without the last name McMahon, and Steph has basically taken over her father's mantle and just knows how to rile up a crowd. Her trolling of the crowd at Wrestlemania was hilarious.

Mostly, though, I just like watching good matches. That's why I've really enjoyed watching NXT. There's still story lines, but they take a backseat to the in ring action, and most of the in ring stuff is spectacular. That Owens/Neville match a few weeks back was incredible, and the Owens/Balor match was great too. It seems like every week they have a match that's better than anything the actual WWE puts out.

I enjoy heels as well if they know how to act as one. Stephanie McMahon is the best heel right now. She can generate heat more than anyone but at the same time she would tease the fans with appreciation then turn around and spit on them. She would absolutely suck as a face, she is the definition of heel. I miss the slut chants, it would of been nice for them to break out when she angers the fans.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."