• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Draft Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
How deep are coaches normally? It means involved, clearly, but does that mean Billy B is neck-deep? Wisenhunt seems way past balls deep, wonder how it'll workout.

Maybe he meant they were knee deep in shit.

EDIT: I'll give ya the Orchard story Soda, since we put it up at exactly the same time :)

Last edited:
Orchard would be a good pick in the 2nd round, IMO.

LOL at Perriman in the top 10. Insane how sometimes running in shorts can change the game on a player. That said, Perriman was really really good and I'd put him up there with White and Cooper, no problem.

LOL at Perriman in the top 10. Insane how sometimes running in shorts can change the game on a player. That said, Perriman was really really good and I'd put him up there with White and Cooper, no problem.

Mayock moved him in front of DeVante Parker as his 3rd best available WR.

I'll be sad if somehow he gets picked above Cooper & Cooper falls to the Browns only for them to pass.... So plausible.

Mayock has a history of being wowed by pro days. I remember a few years ago in the January pre draft run up he was touting Ryan Tannehill as a 3rd round prospect at best. After his pro day, Mayock was saying he's a top 20 guy.

Finally have gotten some spare time to watch some prospects. I'll post my thoughts:

QB:
Bryce Petty: Sometimes he looks absolutely incredible with some of his throws, but I see a pattern develop. His ball placement isn't very good with his accuracy and his deep throws are always over shot just a little bit. He's always calm on the field and he really knows how to relax and not play in a panic. I like him, but he needs some work with some stuff that I'm not sure you can ever teach, he'll probably never be that franchise guy.

Garrett Grayson: The guy is a mechanical mess. Throwing off his back foot, his arm motion is weird and he takes a little too long to get rid of the ball, longer than I'd like. All that being said, he has power, accuracy, ball placement...all of it is really good. He's doesn't like it when getting chased, and likes to go down before getting hit. He needs some work on mechanics and pocket presence, but overall when throwing the ball, he's not far behind Winston, IMO.

Brandon Bridge: I am in love with this man. He played weak opponents and was hardly ever really rushed to throw, but this guy man...he's a sleeper. He has Joe Flacco type arm strength and is very mobile. He's huge and can grow into his body. He ran a 4.67 at his pro day. He has that typical strong arm QB syndrome where he fits the ball into tight windows and can get picked off. He doesn't scan the field yet, very very raw at reading a defense. Give this guy 2 or 3 years and he could become an absolute stud, has everything working for him.

I only watched one Tackle cuz...I don't want the Browns to select one early.

Erick Flowers looks good. He's strong, mobile, moves to the second level with ease. He is a lot like Schwartz, but more mobile. His a good pass protector but thrives when going man on man in the run game. He'd...be a good fit.

DT:
Danny Shelton: My favorite prospect I watched. The guy moves, maybe, 3 yards every play, but when a team tries to stupidly run up the middle, this guy takes on two at once and just owns everyone. I don't know how a guy that big can squeeze into such a tight spaces. He is Vince Wilfork, I'm telling you that right now. He has poor mobility and won't ever get more than a few sacks a year. But this man is a block eater to the max, and would keep our MLB as clean as they have ever been. He makes Phil Taylor look like a little kid. I'd take him at 12 and never look back.

Malcolm Brown: Good player, reminds me a lot of John Hughes. Absolutely not a NT unless you want to go back to the days of Rubin at NT. Good speed, good agility for a guy his size. Decent pass rusher, with surprisingly good moves. Good against the run but can be outmuscled. I'm not sure if he is strong or just a big guy to takes up space. Doesn't really move anyone or stand his ground that great. I wasn't impressed since I was looking at him as more of a NT instead of a 5-tech. If they would draft him as an end, I'd feel he would be ok.

OLB:
Bud Dupree: I really don't like him. He is listed as kind of a bigger OLB, but he sure doesn't play like it. I'm totally and wholly unimpressed with his pass rush skills. He got absolutely stonewalled by Florida for most of the game. His pass coverage wasn't as good either. His run defense is pretty good, played a really disciplined game. As a pure pass rusher, I just did not see him as a threat. Where he is likely to get picked, I'd have to pass on him in the scheme the Browns run.

Nate Orchard: Reminds me a lot of Jabaal Sheard. He's a more natural 3-4 OLB and has pass rushing skills that are more raw than Sheard had. If he develops, he could become a really good pass rusher, because of how he plays. He does have a pretty darn good swim move right now, though. He plays really tough and with a lot of energy, although he's not a show off on the field and he does lack the ultra agressiveness that Fowler has in spades. He shines in the run defense game. He is disciplined and holds his ground. When rushing the passer, he doesn't try to assault you with moves. More than likely, he'll try a move and if it doesn't work, he is neutralized. Still raw in that area. All the tools are there, though.

I wrote this a month ago in the mock draft thread:

Micheal Burton of Rutgers seems to be the only fullback who should be drafted. The system that gave the NFL Brian Leonard produces well rounded fullback who blow up holes and can still be a threat receiving.

To be fair, that was immediately followed by b00bie correctly pointing out Jalston Fowler was a senior and the better prospect, which I agree on. However, I really like Burton. He wasn't used as much as a ball carrier, but I think he can be a two down fullback/special teams player in the NFL.

The antithesis of the Cleveland media narrative. That's what happens when fans cover the team... I think this guy is more right than the ones who've been calling for his job for months.

The antithesis of the Cleveland media narrative. That's what happens when fans cover the team... I think this guy is more right than the ones who've been calling for his job for months.

And Miller pulls no punches. He hasn't hesitated to bash the front office, so for him to say stuff like that says a lot.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."