• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Oh boy, the media will love this...

http://usat.ly/1NDP0jy

I don't know why Lebron would say something like that. I realize he was trying to defend himself against the media allegations that he and Kevin aren't close but this will honestly just make it worse.

Even if it's true (and there's nothing wrong with it being true), it's just something you shouldn't say because it will only create backlash and controversy and we don't need any of that heading into the playoffs.

I disagree. Its the reality of a NBA team- these guys are professional basketball players who have to play together. there is no requirement they become "besties".

It helps if there is no animosity on the team. But there isn't any evidence pointing to an acrimonious environment.

Last year there probably was with Dion and KI.

This year's guys are pros and there is no evidence that K-Love isn't professional.

I hope the Cavs just Lynch (horrible pun) the media all together at this point. They can't say anything without getting negative blowback.

Why did you not post the full quote?
I said that I understood what he was trying to say. I've got no problem if he's not best buddies with his teammates and posted the link to the whole article expecting you guys would read it. I don't think the full quote really makes a difference to be honest. I never said he didn't like his teammates. But it's still something you shouldn't say if you don't want to bring up controversy from the media. Just leave it alone because it's not like it's going to help anything because like it or not, he's still picking and choosing certain guys over the others.

It's for this reason I've always said that guys can't have best friends. Women have best friends because they like creating drama and such. Men have a group of guys they hang with.

Last edited:
I disagree. Its the reality of a NBA team- these guys are professional basketball players who have to play together. there is no requirement they become "besties".

It helps if there is no animosity on the team. But there isn't any evidence pointing to an acrimonious environment.

Last year there probably was with Dion and KI.

This year's guys are pros and there is no evidence that K-Love isn't professional.
I said "there's nothing wrong if it's true," meaning I agree he doesn't have to be best buddies with the guys on the court. But like you said we saw what happened with the media and Kyrie and Dion late last year when we were trying to make a playoff push and how it affected the guys, so it's just something you should leave alone because all a quote like that will do is make things worse for chemistry, not improve anything.

Jesus fucking Christ this running narrative of "best buddies" and who likes who is so God damn hacky and annoying that I can't even bring myself to pick up the paper in the morning.

Get a life, Vardon. This isn't middle school recess.

Last edited:
I wonder how the Spurs players handle the media so well? They don't seem to get eviscerated for every little...?

That was actually an excellent piece of work by Vardon. If I see one more like that out of him, I might actually re-follow him on Twitter.
The article sucks. The title makes no sense. He rehashes the Instagram photos stuff then explains why the friends thing does not matter (which it doesn't) then literally two sentences later he awkwardly suggests it does.

I wonder how the Spurs players handle the media so well? They don't seem to get eviscerated for every little...?
We might be too far removed to notice whatever a Spur's player may say and what the media then does, but I'm thinking players on the Spurs pretty much keep their mouths shut at all times via Mr. Head Coach and Sir King of San Antonio, TX. I'd say that's the more plausible reason why the players "seem" to handle the media so well. Also; 15 years ago I lived in San Antonio. Even then Pop was be all end all of all things.

Right on cue: (LBJ friendy-friend news makes the NBA news "ticker" on ESPN's scoreboard)

New_Friends.jpg

Keep in mind many of these so-called journalists are, in my opinion, east or west coast types trying to tear the Cavs apart--or at least Kevin Love from the Cavs--so he/they come to play for their east/west coast team. We saw this every year before LeBron became a free agent.

As Windhorst stated, LeBron will have the Cavs go into a cave come playoffs and turn off social media/tweets, etc.

Just win. That's how the Cavs respond.

The Spurs built up their stability and their reputation before the internet really blew up. They have had the same core since the late 90s and by the time 24-hour ESPN got all over everything they had personnel and coaching stability and clear leadership was in place. If the 24-hour internet had been going back when rookie Duncan was trying to fit in with injured David Robinson and Popovich was trying to establish himself as coach then I guarantee you that ESPN would have been all over it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."