• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Dumb & Dumber to - 5/10
The first was way funnier. This is nothing but a series of comedy skits tied around a story. Not so funny and nowhere close to the first. A watch in DVD and .... oh my god what happened to Kathleen Turner ? My "Woody Woodpecker" went all Tweety Bird :(

Seventh Son - 4/10
Another wannabe sword and fantasy movie with a good budget, decent CGI and decent cast that fails miserably to make an impact cos of poor story, horrible directing and poor acting. These sort of movies make Red Sonya seem decent.

Just watched Interstellar again...

Shame this movie wasn't even nominated for an Academy Award.

Pretty much eliminates the Awards entirely for me as a serious artistic form of accolade.

And that's not a knock on Birdman. I loved that movie; thought it was phenomenal.

But again, with all respect to Birdman and those involved, it was really not in anyway comparable.

You don't walk away from Birdman thinking about it days later, at least, I didn't. Birdman doesn't ask big questions and doesn't provide any answers. It's an interesting film, and done in a very interesting manner, but it is what it is, and that's a rather cleverly done film but not much more.

You watch Birdman and you are intrigued, and you walk away appreciative of the experience and nothing more.

Interstellar was by far the better film, theatrically, cinematically, and most importantly the film had a much greater and long lasting meaning.

Agreed. Haven't seen interstellar since the theatrical release but whenever I read people's thought on it and reflect back it has so much resonance. If feel really bad for Anne hathaway. Anne hathaway! You really feel the isolation through out the movie. Just one of those films that leaves it's mark

Agreed. Haven't seen interstellar since the theatrical release but whenever I read people's thought on it and reflect back it has so much resonance. If feel really bad for Anne hathaway. Anne hathaway! You really feel the isolation through out the movie. Just one of those films that leaves it's mark

I strongly urge you to rewatch the movie.

What once seemed like plot holes make much more sense on second viewing.

For instance:

1) I always felt "The Blight" shouldn't have resulted in the end of humanity. But, watching it a second time, Nolan explains, through exposition that the Blight breathes nitrogen and does not expel oxygen -- that's all bad.

I must have missed this in the theater, or just forgotten about it; as it's far more important than the food shortage/crisis. Even if mankind had built indoor farms (my suggestion from last year), the blight that was likely on all plant-life at this point, would have caused humanity to suffocate regardless. On my first viewing I did remember that suffocation was the real threat, but I didn't consider the nitrogen aspect.

2) Edmund's planet was the right planet, and Brand was right all along. But their decision not to go there led them on the journey that ultimately resulted in the salvation of humanity back on Earth.

3) That the Tesseract was only the world from behind the bookshelf; this isn't actually true. Cooper explains that he can go anywhere and to anytime simply by moving. This is inline with what we believe to happen when crossing the inner horizon of a Kerr (spinning) black hole with no Cauchy horizon.

In essence, you could move through time in 3-dimensions; the singularity is no longer an inescapable point in your future worldline.

Anyway... the film is fantastic.. I just got done watching another movie, and I'm still thinking about Interstellar, still can't get tha haunting score out of my head, and I'm still pissed off at the Academy for snubbing this movie.

Just watched Interstellar again...

Shame this movie wasn't even nominated for an Academy Award.

Pretty much eliminates the Awards entirely for me as a serious artistic form of accolade.

And that's not a knock on Birdman. I loved that movie; thought it was phenomenal.

But again, with all respect to Birdman and those involved, it was really not in anyway comparable.

You don't walk away from Birdman thinking about it days later, at least, I didn't. Birdman doesn't ask big questions and doesn't provide any answers. It's an interesting film, and done in a very interesting manner, but it is what it is, and that's a rather cleverly done film but not much more.

You watch Birdman and you are intrigued, and you walk away appreciative of the experience and nothing more.

Interstellar was by far the better film, theatrically, cinematically, and most importantly the film had a much greater and long lasting meaning.

I thought Birdman winning was a lot like Crash winning, it was a good movie the first time I watched it, but I have no desire to watch it again. I've seen it, the gimmick and story was cool, but I'm not thinking about it a week later like I was with Interstellar. That was a good movie, and one I have been meaning to re-watch.

Watched Interstellar with wife and teen-aged daughter last night. I thought it was fantastic. The last 15 minutes kind of saved the last hour for me. Initially I thought it was going to a place I didn't care for, but the ending was well done and managed to wrap up the film pretty nicely.

We were still talking about it today. That says a lot as well.

I enjoyed Interstellar, but it just didn't feel like a Nolan film to me. I found it to be really predictable.

@spydy13 , @Chris ,

The scene with an old Murphy on her deathbed is the extension of the entire experience within the singularity and reminiscent of David Bowman's experience within the confines of the Monolith.

Remember, Bowman experiences all of life, from his birth, to his childhood, adulthood, and his old age. He watches himself in his own death bed and then finally feels himself in his own body, dying. He is then reborn in the solar system as the StarBaby.

Again, this entire scene is a homage/remake of 2001: A Space Odyssey, from top to bottom.

David Bowman experiencing a lifetime, his inner self dying.
57bdbef6b1fca703100738e44c3932426605be96.png

Bowman finally, once again, reaches out to the Monolith as he dies.
2001-a-space-odyssey-1968-movie-dr-david-bowman-dave-keir-dullea-monolith-jupiter-dying-in-front-of-bed-review1.jpg

Bowman is reborn as a new being of a higher order.
newseed1.jpg

This is Interstellar. "Fifth dimensional beings.. are.." who again? Change from the plural to the singular. Not "us," but "me." That was Murphy's point on her death bed, "it was you all along."

Remember, McConnaughey is reborn out of the wormhole after having been trapped in the singularity.

He's now the saviour of humanity (he and his daughter who gets the credit).

Man has virtually transcended by the time he returns.

Literally, all of this is 2001. If you want to understand Interstellar better, watch 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I had seen 2001 before seeing Interstellar in theaters, and I couldn't help but draw comparisons to 2001 throughout the entire movie in terms of how Nolan portrayed the wormholes, the scene you mentioned, and others.

That being said, for those who haven't seen 2001 yet, the absolute attention to detail Kubrick put into that (and all of his movies for that matter) is incredible. A common criticism is that it is too long, and slow but you need to carry a certain mindset before going into 2001 to appreciate it as it is. I would suggest going back to watch Interstellar after seeing 2001, and it will be easy to draw comparisons (not to act like some pompous ass teacher, but you catch my drift.)

Last edited:
50 shades of grey

movie was pretty fucking awful. just sign the dumb contract idiot. like an hour of this bullshit.

it is pretty accurate in how these relatinoships go. ppl in the bdsm scene need to get over themselves when critizing it

I am such a big geek I have to see the new Avengers in Imax 3d, only thing is a lot of the theaters around here aren't showing the sequel alone until night time on release day. They are doing a double-feature with the first starting at 4:30 pm the day before and that ticket is only like 5 bucks more than just the sequel.

So I am kind of hoping there is no Cavs playoff game that day or if it comes to it, since I don't usually start games until an hour into it (I really hate commercials), I could not use my phone or the internet until I am home from the movies, gone to sleep for 8 hours and watch the game on delay not knowing the outcome at all.

If DEADPOOL is Rated R and not PG-13 I for one will be super excited. It is about time someone had the balls to show blood.

Dark Skies - 5/10

This movie is about a family that seem to experience strange happenings in their house. And it turns out that the strange events are caused by aliens. Will the family be able to protect themselves against the aliens before it is too late? And what do the aliens want?

This is a low budget movie which does a god job of setting up the suspense and creating the atmosphere. The acting was decent. There was no bad CGI that I can complain about. This is not a theater worthy movie but if you have 2 hour to kill and want a suspense movie then you will like this. Keep in mind though that the movie lacks the closure that we expect in most movies.

@gourimoko

Help me understand what I was watching happen behind the book-cases please...

If DEADPOOL is Rated R and not PG-13 I for one will be super excited. It is about time someone had the balls to show blood.

Haha "fuck you, Slater." I continue to grow more excited for this movie. It's a shame they shit the bed so hard with Deadpool's first movie appearance.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."