• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU Recruiting Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Probably not going to be for Ohio State, but I'm certainly not sure.

Looks like OSU has turned their attention to Tristen Wallace, dual-threat kid from Dontre Wilson's alma mater (DeSoto, TX).

They also have eyes on one of his wide receivers, KD Nixon, who is one of the best players in the country for 17.

Big recruiting weekend at OSU, Juniors from all over the country attending while on Spring Break. Some super super talented kids, should be a few commits at some point.

Last edited:
Sticky situation, for sure.

Dean re-injured his knee this winter, his second major injury. OSU doctors advised him to stop playing and seek the medical waiver, Dean isn't ready to stop playing.

Dr. James Andrews is in the kid's corner, which makes this a potential PR problem for OSU as well.

OSU doctors advised him to stop playing and seek the medical waiver, Dean isn't ready to stop playing.

I totally understand why an 18 year old kid who thought he was going to play for a major program wouldn't be ready to give up. It's pretty late in the game to jump ship though, so I don't really know what he will do since it's clear they don't want him.

Sticky situation, for sure.

Dean re-injured his knee this winter, his second major injury. OSU doctors advised him to stop playing and seek the medical waiver, Dean isn't ready to stop playing.

Dr. James Andrews is in the kid's corner, which makes this a potential PR problem for OSU as well.

Reading it, it said Dr. James thought he should be ready to go this summer, but is not ready now. The kid wants to play now, and even Dr. James would not clear him for that.

I do agree it is a PR hit as it looks like this only being done because of over-signing. If the knee is going to hold him back from ever playing at a high level, I think OSU is doing the right thing, offering him the scholarship to let him get his education. If we wants to play on a lower level, he can leave, play 4 years of college maybe get hurt with very low odds of ever having a meaningful career that will get him in the NFL, and most likely would not get as good of an education.

Probably not going to be for Ohio State, but I'm certainly not sure.

Looks like OSU has turned their attention to Tristen Wallace, dual-threat kid from Dontre Wilson's alma mater (DeSoto, TX).

They also have eyes on one of his wide receivers, KD Nixon, who is one of the best players in the country for 17.

Big recruiting weekend at OSU, Juniors from all over the country attending while on Spring Break. Some super super talented kids, should be a few commits at some point.

Good news for OSU, look for KD Nixon to be all Buckeye.

Heck of a pipeline with a great high school down there in Texas.

Five commitments and counting from the Spring Game this weekend.

2016:

Malik Barrow - DL - IMG Academy (FL) - Future defensive tackle, a 3-star on Scout.com but likely to rise when the next round of rankings come out. Coming from a football factory in Florida, he'll be greatly improved.

Jack Wohlabaugh - OL - Walsh Jesuit (OH) - Son of the former Browns center Dave, this kid is an interior lineman with a great pedigree and works his ass off. Kid has all the makings of a multi-year starter and team captain, was waiting for an OSU offer and committed basically on the spot.

Tuf Borland - LB - Bolingbrook (IL) - Surprise of the weekend, was top of the list on OSU's board at LB. Didn't think they would get him, as his father played at Wisconsin and there was some lean there. Great player, great name.

2017:

Marcus Williamson - DB - Westerville South (OH) - Big time player, already a 4-star and really buying into what Coombs and Meyer sold him.

Todd Sibley - RB - Akron Hoban (OH) - Teammate of 2017 QB commitment Danny Clark who recently transferred there, Sibley might be the best running back in Ohio among a great group for that class.

2016 OL Liam Eichenburg from St. Ignatius will be announcing his intentions sometimes today as well. He's the top uncommitted offensive lineman in the state and will choose between Notre Dame and OSU. This one has been trending away from OSU, but he visited this weekend and will be announcing immediately after, I'm not counting out Coach Meyer.

No Liam... Must have wanted to tell Urban to his face that he wasn't choosing OSU. If that's the case, classy of the kid.

No Liam... Must have wanted to tell Urban to his face that he wasn't choosing OSU. If that's the case, classy of the kid.

Classy only if he didn't say "Kiss my a--, Urban! I'm going to the Irish, baby!" as he does a crotch chop. That..... probably not so classy.

Defensive back Kareem Felder commits to the Buckeyes.

Guy the staff reportedly really wanted badly, they beat out Clemson for his services.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."