• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Series #4 -|- Indians @ Twins -|- April 17th, 18th, and 19th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Think its time to shake up the order...Bourn is an automatic out to lead off games right now

You mean you don't want one of your worst hitters getting the most ABs?

To be fair to Tito, Bourn wasn't doing this shit in the spring, he actually swung it well. I think a little over a week in he can change it now though. Just no life in the lineup right now, so you gotta do something.

The worst part is it's early, you can't win it in April, blah blah blah...but the Tigers are 9-1. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they are extremely good this year. If we don't stop the bleeding soon, could find ourselves like 8-9 games back before the month is over.

100% serious.

They don't show the Indians here and I'm not going to waste money on League Pass for a mediocre team that doesn't make the playoffs.

Until baseball shortens the season, I don't watch until a playoff race with 3-4 series left.

I'm not panicking about this team yet, because my expectations were low to begin with. It's like everyone ignored the fact that there's zero power on this team, no star quality players and the majority of thw talent is unproven.

The upside is that they should be very good in 2-3 years.

A lot of conclusion being jumped to here.

- It's a little early to say Brantley "has come back to earth" in my opinion. He has played in THREE GAMES. He hit .364 in Spring Training. Michael Brantley is a star - the only question with him is if his back issues with hamper him all season.

- The Indians are rolling with their best hitter dealing with injuries and their 2nd or 3rd best hitter out with an injury. The lineup isn't bad in general, it's just bad right now. If Brantley can get back to full health, we'll be in good shape.

- The bullpen has worried me since day one. Shaw has looked terrible. Allen has struggled. McAllister is a question mark. And it doesn't have the depth it has had in years past. I know they won't do this, but Rafeal Soriano is still sitting out there as a free agent.

- Jason Kipnis worries me as well. I think he's a decent player, but is he going to be worth $9 M in 2017, $13.5 M in 2018, and $14.5 M in 2019? I'd consider trading him for a RHH corner outfielder of the same ability, moving Ramirez to 2B and promoting Lindor to SS.

- Speaking of Lindor, he needs to come up soon. He may not hit a ton at first, but he's always hit LHP well in the minors and he plays excellent defense. Ramirez could still get plenty of time at 2B, SS, 3B, or even DH.

It's way too early to say it's over. I know that's cliche, but it's true. The Royals started last season 4-7. But they do need to start playing better baseball soon - with Detroit and KC playing well, you don't want to give them a huge lead that is too difficult to overcome.

100% serious.

They don't show the Indians here and I'm not going to waste money on League Pass for a mediocre team that doesn't make the playoffs.

Until baseball shortens the season, I don't watch until a playoff race with 3-4 series left.

I'm not panicking about this team yet, because my expectations were low to begin with. It's like everyone ignored the fact that there's zero power on this team, no star quality players and the majority of thw talent is unproven.

The upside is that they should be very good in 2-3 years.
You mean our top HR guy has One so far and you are saying we have zero power?

1. Terry Francona needs to start managing and not just being everyones' best friend. I bet Jim Leyland would have this team above .500.

2. Our bullpen needs to stop being awful and start playing better.

3. The hitters need to start hitting and not not hitting.

4. Carlos Carrasco needs to stop catching baseballs with his face.

5. The fans need to post more of those overused Major League references that have been regurgitated a million times since the 80s.

These steps are guaranteed to get this team out of this.

You mean our top HR guy has One so far and you are saying we have zero power?

Power is down all over baseball. It's not like the 2014 Giants were the 27 Yanks. There's a reason Nelson Cruz got a huge payday this winter.

I'm going to be irate in here if we don't win today.

FIRE
IT
UP

2hmggvt.png

Boom. Two to start the game.

2hmggvt.png
2hmggvt.png

Oh yeah, that was sexy.

2hmggvt.png
2hmggvt.png
2hmggvt.png

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video