• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NHL/Draft Lottery

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

enigmatic

Recluse
Reaction score
So yeah, I live in Edmonton (grew up in Cleveland) and the Oilers have been the worst franchise in the NHL the last decade, and are being run by guys (Kevin Lowe/Craig MacTavish) who are former players in the Oilers Stanley Cup years from 84-91. And they've made the clown show the Browns have been on the last 15 years look like the picture of stability.

The Oilers, like the Cavs, have also had a truly amazing run of getting the number 1 draft pick in the lottery; 4 times in 6 years culminating in tonight's lottery. Absolute zonkers.

The overwhelming choice as the first player picked is 18 year old Connor McDavid, the best player to come out since Sidney Crosby. A true game-changer not only for the franchise, but the city of Edmonton who loves the Oilers w/ a passion every bit as much as any Cleveland teams, IMO.

As soon as the Lottery played out and we knew we were going to ger McJesus, the city has been going crazy. To a citizen we hate Lowe/MacT (and the Legit reclusive multizillionare owner Jeffery Katz) for their incompetence and had hope Katz would clean house of his buddies after this truly wretched year, but it's not going to happen now. And hey, McDavid could always pull a Stevie Franchise/Eric Lindros/John Elway and refuse to play for the Oilers, but I don't think it happens.

Which of course is a long winded way to say, any NHL fans here?

CC69OQxUsAAOLBO.jpg:large

Last edited:
So Eric Staahl got traded yesterday for a couple 2nd rounders. Are those worth anything in the NHL?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."