• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Star Wars: Battlefront

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TyGuy

Make America a good boy again.
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;Cmo-YYoHnGs]http://youtu.be/Cmo-YYoHnGs[/video]
I know this video came out awhile back and so far we have no new footage. This is going to be the first video game to be considered Canon by disney. I'm sure all of you heard recently that all of the expanded universe and previous video game titles were declared not canon. I'm not too bothered by the decision because it doesn't take away how fantastic games and story were from Knights of the old republic and the jedi knight series. They understandably did not want to be shackled by all the lore that is out there. One can only hope they do revisit these these classical periods (knights of the old republic). I'm usually not too thrilled and usually skip Dice single players iterations altogether (mirrors edge was good though). Battlefield games use to not even come with a single player mod. However, I am interested to see if they can come up with something compelling here in a single player mode and of course have a fantastic multiplayer. Please don't make you be a random solider/rebel in a squad with scripted event after scripted event. I'm hearing that they want to tie this in with the new film a bit, so it will be interesting if any of those characters make it into the game. We really don't have much to go on other than this being a star wars battlefield experience. I never actually played the other two battlefront games, I heard mixed reviews on them.

I'll probably be upgrading my rig in 2015. By then my system will be five years old, but she still keeps on handling everything I throw at her. Games like this, witcher 3 and star citizen make 2015 an ideal year for me to upgrade. I was hoping Intel would be on a standard 8 core platform by now. I can't help but think they have been holding back with AMDS inability to really compete. Same thing in videocard land. Nvidia has really milked their kepler line of cards and maxwell appears to be getting a delay. I went 4 years between builds the last time, so i'm a little passed where i was last time. There was a 300% increase in performance going from a geforce 8800 gtx to geforce 480. Right now going from the 480 to a 780ti would net a pretty big improvement, but it is nowhere near 300 %. I'm assuming the same can be said going from old core 2 duo to this i7 860 vs going i7 860 to a newer haswell cpu.

Whelp that got a little off topic, can't wait for this 2015 lineup of games to come out.

Before Battlefield 4 I was excited for DICE to be making this game. After Battlefield 4's abysmal release and DICE's inability to fix a multitude of the problems until recently, I am a little concerned. The Battlefront series gave me so many hours of fun and so has the Battlefield franchise despite their flaws. If DICE can get their act together this game can be amazing.

That trailer definitely is the ultimate tease. I've been wanting to comment in this thread but I can't even tell what kind of game this will be because they didn't show anything. I like Star Wars games though. Never actually bought one but the demos are really fun. Maybe this will be the first one I buy.

Before Battlefield 4 I was excited for DICE to be making this game. After Battlefield 4's abysmal release and DICE's inability to fix a multitude of the problems until recently, I am a little concerned. The Battlefront series gave me so many hours of fun and so has the Battlefield franchise despite their flaws. If DICE can get their act together this game can be amazing.
I purchased bf4 some months back and indeed it was a disaster(luckily I got a great deal on the game). The performance was awful and the game was unstable. I decided to come back recently and the performance is actually excellent with the right settings, and the game is incredibly stable. Dice has a real issue with launching of their titles since joining EA. In the ling run they do excellent work though. I'm kind of expecting the same here, but hoping for the best. Most likely a very shaky launch after not having spent enough time in beta, followed by a brilliant game after a few patches.

That trailer definitely is the ultimate tease. I've been wanting to comment in this thread but I can't even tell what kind of game this will be because they didn't show anything. I like Star Wars games though. Never actually bought one but the demos are really fun. Maybe this will be the first one I buy.
Yeah it is, but you can expect that tease to come to fruition in Dice games. They call them battlefield moments for a reason. Nothing beats shooting a helicopter or jet out of the sky with a well timed rpg and then seeing the aftermath unfold right in front of you. Honestly, they are showing more here than they have shown in the new cod that has every-bodies panties moist. I expect there will be more to show at this years E3, but I think you can imagine what Dice would do with a star wars license.

The best star wars games that I have played are.

Kotor 1 and 2
Jedi knight series
Tie fighter
Rogue squadrom on gamecube
I also enjoyed the n64 title for its time.

Me and my brother used to play the Battlefronts all the time on Ps2. Its really fun as a two player co-op type of game. If it has that, whether through online or otherwise, I would be happy with the game. I'm happy with the same type of gameplay with an upgrade in graphics. I'm a big Battlefield fan too, but never got BF4 because I was in a transition of current to next gen, and just never ended up getting it. But I have heard it wasn't that great unfortunanetly. I just hope they can make the Battlefront maps sort of dynamic because they were even back on Ps2. On some levels, you had fighter jets in outerspace and could fly into the enemies base and destroy their ship from the inside. I hope they bring maps like that, which I know they are very capable because jets and helicopters have existed for awhile now on Battlefield, so I think DICE is a really good fit. I would be excited to see what they can do in that world with good graphics, because the Ps2 games obviously never had good graphics, and even the movies weren't superb "graphically" obviously because of the time period they were shot in. So this could be one of the first Star Wars games/endeavor that really has a chance to shine graphically.

My gf can still play BF 1 and 2 for hours on end but the graphics give me a headache with the "fog" and the blurriness that comes from SD gaming on an HD tv.

After the shit show that os BF4, im gonna wait a while on reviews for this bad boy

I was gonna post that earlier but couldn't find the thread (too lazy to anyway lol). Me and my brother are pretty pumped about it. He needs to get a Ps4 though.

The Battlefront games were some of my favorites. I haven't played a video game for years but actually considered for a couple of seconds getting one just so I can play this and 2k. Still won't happen but I hope this game rocks regardless.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."