• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NBA Playoffs Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
For those advocating for Harden for MVP.

Game 1, of the playoffs.

Harden 4-11 from the field, 1-5 from 3, 15-17 fts, for 24 points. 11 field goal attempts, but 17 free throws.

James Harden, thanks for turning this game into a stand still free throw shooting game of fucking boredom. You're an abandonment to the game of basketball.

If I was standing commissioner, you'd be deported to Iran, and be banned from ever stepping a single foot on this country's soil ever again for the remaining days of your life. (I'm kidding!, but shit man!)

I take it back, I loath him. He represents everything I hate about the NBA today.

He hasn't been getting many of the calls this season as he has in the past.

I don't know. His free throw attempts are pretty much in line with the last 5 years. He played by far the fewest minutes of his career this year, and those years where he was up in the 10 per game range, he was a freaking freight train with no other capable shot creator.

Even so, I was referring more to his habit of embellishing contact. Anyone ever watch That 70s Show? Remember how Kelso would always get hit in the eye? That was LeBron. Any time he drove and got fouled/tried to draw a foul, he'd grab his face/head. It was pretty comical.

I haven't noticed it as much this year, but honestly, I haven't been looking for it.

On a related note, it would be hypocritical of us, as Cavs fans, to dismiss Harden's game because he draws a lot of fouls/shoots a lot of free throws. LeBron's free throws per game his first stint here:

03-04: 5.8
04-05: 8.0
05-06: 10.3
06-07: 9.0
07-08: 10.3
08-09: 9.4
09-10: 10.2

While we're discussing fouls

CCjt78LWgAAMF8_.png

On a related note, it would be hypocritical of us, as Cavs fans, to dismiss Harden's game because he draws a lot of fouls/shoots a lot of free throws. LeBron's free throws per game his first stint here:

03-04: 5.8
04-05: 8.0
05-06: 10.3
06-07: 9.0
07-08: 10.3
08-09: 9.4
09-10: 10.2

Sure, but Lebron is actually hacked and most of the fouls on him go unnoticed because he is too damn strong much like the big diesel. Harden, on the other hand, seeks the foul by flailing and exaggerating every bit of contact.

There is a great video on YouTube of hardens historic flops, and if I was commissioner, I would suspend him multiple games for when he does the elbow hook. Not only could it injure someone, it also is a blatant violation of rules and should be an immediate offensive foul. Embarrassing.

although DAL lost, i still think they have a good chance in this series. love their coach.

If Kyrie got his points on Hinrich then Hinrich went head 2 head with Kyrie, not Derrick. So that makes no sense.

Kyrie was guarding Derrick while Derrick played. That is head 2 head. Kyrie played more minutes than Derrick and scored a majority of his points when someone not named Derrick was guarding him. I can speak slower if you want.

Analyzing the Cavs when they were starting Dion Waiters as if it matters today. How cute.

I was just responding to the head 2 head minutes Derrick and Kyrie played. That was what his comment was about.

Dallas was -25 with Rondo on the floor and +12 with Barea out there. Another situation to watch.

I watched some rondo games this year, imo the most overrated PG in the NBA

30% FT shooter
20% 3pt shooter

cant hit an open jump shot to save his life, its funny to see his defender basically playing safety and helping other guys wherever needed because they can leave rondo wide open the entire the game he doesn't take anything but a layup, no way Dallas is getting past the Rockets in the first round with him at point.

I was just responding to the head 2 head minutes Derrick and Kyrie played. That was what his comment was about.
And then when into the specifics of the game as if they had any meaning.

Comparing how many free throws per game a player averages is not the point. Watch Harden play and then tell me he's just like LeBron and Russell. Spoiler alert, you can't.

Over half of this dude's drives to the basket amount to him running right into the defender while flailing his arms and launching the ball into the air with no intent of making the shot. Other guys do it from time to time to punish the defense for being out of position, but Harden has made it a vital aspect to his game. It's exploitation of the game. Fucking bush league.

Over half of this dude's drives to the basket amount to him running right into the defender while flailing his arms and launching the ball into the air with no intent of making the shot. Other guys do it from time to time to punish the defense for being out of position, but Harden has made it a vital aspect to his game. It's exploitation of the game. Fucking bush league.

Again, if it is as simple as that, why isn't everyone doing it and earning themselves max contracts ?

Durant's rip through, Wade's pump fake, Crawford's lean landing, etc are all part of the confines of the game. No less and no more so than what Harden does.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."