• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Journey to the Ring

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sensing some trollin in this thread. It's about LeBron and it's about Cleveland. If LeBron and the Cavs get multiple championships in CLE it would absolutely add to his legacy, especially if they 3-peat. Him doing it for his home team adds to the lore. Players currently on other teams have said they've dreamed about doing it and actively would like to do that. Kyrie is important but the Cavs are not going anywhere without LeBron.

IMO the stage is set for the ring. It just wont happen THIS year.
a. The Spurs (and even GSW) are better.
b. The team hasn't gelled yet. I mean they have, but it's nothing like year 2.
c. There are still 2 glaring holes in the roster: backup PG and another serviceable big.
d. Kyrie is still growing in to his 2nd superstar role
e. LeBron has not yet fully bought in to this team.

It's all set for next season. That's when it will all happen. If you can scratch all of the above, you're the champ.

c. There are still 2 glaring holes in the roster: backup PG and another serviceable big.

It's all set for next season. That's when it will all happen. If you can scratch all of the above, you're the champ.

I can't really disagree with anything you're saying. The tough part may be holding together all the key pieces while also adding those 2 or 3 small pieces to make a really good team great (people like DeMarre Carrol or Lou Williams or maybe even a mobile young serviceable big like the Celt's Zeller). I also still think that having the best player in basketball on your team gives you an edge in any close game, and who's to say that our team as it stands now won't be good enough to force a Spurs or Golden State team into close, go either way, games? I think it's silly we are favorites or co-favorites in the vegas odds. I also sort of feel like the media is pumping the idea of us being favorites to set up a media delight when we fall short. But we do have the best player and we do also have the most potent scoring trio in the league, so everything is in play! Let the games begin!

I'm disagreeing without marking your post with a disagree.

What does "a" mean? How so?

I get what you mean by "b", but we have to start somewhere. Why not now?

I'd call Delly our backup PG. Most teams would love to have him. In the playoffs the starters will get more minutes. I can see Thompson and Moz on the floor quite often.

I'd say Kyrie has grown quite nicely and will be a main reason we win this year.

I have no idea what "e" even means.

Blatt's words are great.

What do you think the Big 3 will average these playoffs?

LeBron 26/8/7
Kyrie 24/5/3
Love 17/11/2

It's not about MJ anymore IMO. It's about carving his own history and making it memorable to those in the area, which thus filters around the basketball world.
His talent is already cemented as that of an all time great.
Now he is trying to obtain his own unique achievement.
To go toe to toe with Jordan is almost impossible; his experience was unique.
LBJ now has his unique opportunity- the tools are there, the question is have the stars aligned.

I'm looking forward to our team chemistry and bonding to go way up that only battles through the playoffs can give. LeBron and Kyrie have gotten closer, but it's still nothing like the old LeBron Cavs team's chemistry used to have. It took a few years to build and going through the playoffs and this is the first step. Believe it or not, chemistry can carry you a LONG way. Really only reason why LeBron's Cavs teams did anything in the playoffs and a big reason why San Antonio can be relevant every year (combined with the experience).

Mainly, I would like to see LeBron and Love develop a closer friendship through the playoffs. There is still something about Love that just makes me feel like he isn't comfortable. I think his game would elevate if he became closer friends with LeBron and had more support.

I'm disagreeing without marking your post with a disagree.

What does "a" mean? How so?

I get what you mean by "b", but we have to start somewhere. Why not now?

I'd call Delly our backup PG. Most teams would love to have him. In the playoffs the starters will get more minutes. I can see Thompson and Moz on the floor quite often.

I'd say Kyrie has grown quite nicely and will be a main reason we win this year.

I have no idea what "e" even means.
You can mark 'disagree', it's ok... I wont hold it against you...

By 'better' I mean more ready, have more assets, are more experienced, and mainly play a better style, at least IMO.
We're gelling nicely, and we'll make a nice run, but I don't think the guys are battle experienced enough together, as a team. The scars aren't there yet, the revenge isnt in place yet, it would be surprising if they show signs of worthiness without losing first. It's nature...
I love Delly, dont get me wrong, but he's not good enough. Plain and simple. There are better backup PGs out there. Lots of 'em.
Thompson, Mozgov and Love is 3. You need 4. And it's not gonna be Perkins or Hayward. It could be Andy, but he's got to be healthy... that's too risky.
Kyrie is wonderful. But he's not yet a 'superstar'. Not in my mind, or yours, or the media's or LeBron's, or even his own. Next year, he will be.
E means that LeBron doesnt yet trust everyone. Not his mates, not the coach, and not the culture. He will come around though. It's what going to battle does to people, even if it's a LeBron

Sorry to grave dig, but I just wanted to reflect on the moment before the Finals started, just for myself if anything, so I can come back in 10 years and remember the details.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I could have never pictured we got to the Finals this way. It is mind blowing to me. Not just because LeBron is back or because we made it to the Finals with a first time team and the fact Cavs haven't even been in the playoffs the last 4 years. It's because of the group we were able to do it with.

When Love got injured I was devastated. I was depressed. He was just starting to play so well and found his shot again before he got taken down for the season. And I was more sad for him personally than anything, this guy has been through so much crap and dealt with so much BS from the media, and his first playoff run he has been waiting his whole career for was taken away. At that point, I couldn't imagine us even standing a chance against Golden State. I wasn't sure we could even make it that far.

Then the Shump and Kyrie injury mixed with JR's suspension and I thought it was all going to fall apart since Love was also hurt. I still had a lot of hope against the Bulls, but I didn't realize the severity of Kyrie's injury. When that happened, it was another very disheartening moment that I wasn't sure the team could over come.

But WOW, did I not see this coming. Delly and TT stepped up HUGE in their place. TT went from being a solid player to a MONSTER everywhere on the court. Embarrassing teams on the glass, finishing strong inside, and even blocking shots. Delly ESPECIALLY stepping up was big. I could have never imagined that. Getting under every teams skin and being basically the most talked about player on the Cavs (besides LeBron). No way we make it to the Finals without them stepping up bigger than I could have imagined.

Somehow, the 2 best players besides LeBron going down worked out for the best. We would have never found out how tough and resilient we are. And we never would have found this defensive identity that has been critical to our success. The adversity just made us a MUCH better team, for now and the future. And we probably never would have seen the emergence of TT to this degree, and especially not Delly without the injuries, and now they are both key factors to our success. Who would have thought?

Blatt, wow this guy is definitely in his element like I predicted. But I never thought he would do this good his first year. We wouldn't have made the Finals without him, no way. He is the main reason our role players have stayed ready and how we have adapted to everything that has been thrown at us.

Four wins from reaching paradise. Four wins from LeBron completing his destiny to deliver Cleveland from the curse as we rise to the top of the world. Becoming the champion this year would be beyond a fairy tale, all factors considered. And I more than believe we will do it.

Polish up that sweet Larry O'Brien trophy. I can see the city of Cleveland in the reflection.

It was destiny for OSU. Now it is destiny for the Cavs.

Lesson: Never count out Ohio.

Lets show the fuckin world.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."