• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron Drops from 3rd fav player to 6th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
In fact, it's really a testament to LBJ's marketing team that he/they has/have basically made it impossible for him to thank/apologize to the fans at this point. Any kind of statement, at this point, would just invite more ridicule and hatred.

And that's one of the most unsettling aspects of this for me. I wish that I had some kind of explanation, from the source, for the sake of closure, as to why we, the fans, got kicked to the curb - why we were treated with such disdain. Why he quit on US. But such an explanation, at this point, is impossible. I'm sure that he has become convinced that he has to keep quiet and fly under the radar for quite a while. Which is unsatisfying for everyone involved.

I got word from someone close with Lebron that he's really had second thoughts, privately, about how everything rolled out, and even his decision to leave the team. The guy I talked to seemed to indeed express his opinion that he may eventually look to find his way back here at some point before his contract is even up in Miami. Just something I heard yesterday, actually...

He really doesn't believe that the final chapter has been written with him and the Cavaliers.

This makes me sick. I think we should just tank in 2022-2023 and draft Lebron Jr. That is the only way I ever want to see another Lebron James in a Cavaliers uniform.

Don't want him back. He quit on this team, this city and left us at the alter so to speak in terms of not being able to really make trades or get involved in the draft.

He literally quit on what was supposed to be "our year". He didn't actively recruit players to come here. He didn't bust his ass to get a superstar here but he's picking up Derek Fisher at the airport? Disgusting...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I'm excited and eager to see the Cavaliers molded into a strong team. A strong team full of players playing together and playing basketball and behaving the right way. It might take a bit but whatever, we'll all survive.

tumblr_l5y5b4oYP01qcizbto1_500.png

I'm probably gonna get flamed for posting this lol. But now since the shock of LeBron leaving has faded and we've accepted he's gone does anyone miss him at all?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ibmxFnu7_Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ibmxFnu7_Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm not gonna lie, after watching this video and thinking back to everything that has happened the past 7 years, I can't help but feel extremely disappointed in the way things unfolded. Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a douchebag and I could never forgive him for the way he left Cleveland, but no one can deny he was one of the greatest players ever to wear a Cavs jersey. Game 5 during the Pistons series was one of the best games I have ever watched. I've seen a lot of people on this board write about how they wish we had never even drafted LeBron and that's crazy. I'm glad we drafted him, I just wished LeBron had felt the same way :chuckles: . I really wish he had apologized or at least thanked the fans of Cleveland for all of their support during "The Decision". At least then we would have at least entertained the idea of allowing him to come back.

Actually, my anger hasn't gone down at all. Every time I think about it, I am reminded of something disgusting that had slipped my mind. Take the fake elbow injury: That was completely appalling, all part of the plan to make his departure easier and more palatable. The MRI turned up nothing, and nobody talks about it anymore. A fake injury. A left-handed foul-shot. Who DOES that? How was it that we produced/got a supposed superstar who was this duplicitous?

This whole escapade is foul on so many levels. I really hope that this changes the way that we relate to athletes and pro sports leagues. It certainly changes the way I relate to athletes and pro sports leagues. I will never get fooled again. But I'm not done being angry.

How can anyone miss a guy that quit?

He deserves nothing from Cleveland.

He should have thought about that months ago. I don't buy stock in that rumor, though I do believe he is probably second guessing himself privately on how he handled the entire process. How couldn't he? He also probably feels that any apology/thank-you to the fans here at this point is pointless - and he is 100% right.

If he thinks he can stage some great "homecoming" later in his career to try and smooth things over with his hometown, he is dead wrong.
From 2010... Fuck me. Thanks for bringing this to my attention @Nightperson :chuckle:

I dont think lebron is forgiven but he has been accepted. 4 years of tanking really beat down the Fanbase .

wow, a blast from the past.

I will probably get downvoted for saying this, but even though he did it the wrong way it was understandable why Lebron left. That team around him was horrible and management had given him no reason to believe they could do any better. The only player on that 2010 team who would have gotten any minutes at all on the current Cavs team was Mo Williams, and he would have had 15 MPG as a backup point. Really nobody else could have cracked the top 8. And what had management done to make him believe they could build a team around him? Coach Brown? Larry Hughes? Antawn Jamison? And let's not even talk about the early years with stuff like drafting Luke Jackson and DaJuan Wagner, the Jiri Welsch trade, and letting Boozer get away. He was an all-time great in his prime but he was stuck on a dumpster fire of a team that gave him no chance at a championship.

He left, got his championship and grew a lot as a player and a person, and then returned at the first opportunity to a much improved team. If he can deliver a championship this time around (always an if, this is the NBA, he's on the back side of his prime and there are some all-time great teams in the West) I'm not sure how someone could fairly hold it against him that he left.

wow, a blast from the past.

I will probably get downvoted for saying this, but even though he did it the wrong way it was understandable why Lebron left. That team around him was horrible and management had given him no reason to believe they could do any better. The only player on that 2010 team who would have gotten any minutes at all on the current Cavs team was Mo Williams, and he would have had 15 MPG as a backup point. Really nobody else could have cracked the top 8. And what had management done to make him believe they could build a team around him? Coach Brown? Larry Hughes? Antawn Jamison? And let's not even talk about the early years with stuff like drafting Luke Jackson and DaJuan Wagner, the Jiri Welsch trade, and letting Boozer get away. He was an all-time great in his prime but he was stuck on a dumpster fire of a team that gave him no chance at a championship.

He left, got his championship and grew a lot as a player and a person, and then returned at the first opportunity to a much improved team. If he can deliver a championship this time around (always an if, this is the NBA, he's on the back side of his prime and there are some all-time great teams in the West) I'm not sure how someone could fairly hold it against him that he left.

You've never heard the "it's not that he left, it's how he left" comment? I couldn't blame anyone for falling back on that at first, The Decision was an attention-grabbing circle jerk for LRMR & LeBron that saw the city of Cleveland get kicked in the nuts in front of the entire nation. Cavs fans had every right to be pissed off about that debacle.

But why he left? Deep down I think everyone knew we failed to put the type of team around LeBron that could entice him play out his prime years here; we didn't stack star upon star like the superteams assembled in Boston and LA.

LeBron's always loved Cleveland, he just knew he had a better shot at winning titles flanked by Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh rather than Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."