• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Series #5 -|- Indians @ White Sox -|- April 20th, 21st, and 22nd.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
A lot of people are blaming Francona's decision making for this one, and for good reason.

lol, what the fuck. I fell asleep before the ninth. We lost?!

It'll make you guys feel better if you stop using the words "our" or "we" in relation to the Browns or Indians. Why associate yourself with a loser?

Just call them they. Been doing it for years. Feels much better.

Its how game threads are bro come on. Its worse in Cavs threads.

Im just being silly anyways.

I need a Jigo post about this game, wait until he catches wind of this debacle.

Tell yourself whatever you need to.

Go back and read your posts the next day.

Even after a terrible loss, this crybaby bullshit is YouTube comments section terrible.

After sleeping on that one, I was looking at pitching stats.

Look at the games we have lost this year during quality starts.

Kluber - 8 IP, 3 hits, 2 runs - L 3-2
Kluber - 6.1 IP, 7 hits, 2 runs - L 9-6
Kluber - 7.1 IP, 3 hits, 2 runs - L 2-0
Bauer - 7 IP, 4 hits, 0 runs - L 4-3

We're only 12 games in and half of our losses (4) have been quality starts.

The 4 losses above, our starters went an average of 7.1 IP and posted a 1.88 ERA.

OUCH.

Just a hypothetical... would you all be more concerned if we were losing because our starters were getting rocked?

It's April. If there is one constant in baseball over the course of a season, it is starting pitching. Bats will come around, as will the 'pen.

But the Tigers are 1/9th of the way there, or something....I guess

Meh. Not much you can do when your best reliever craps the bed. You can't blast Francona for overusing his bullpen then blast him for not going back to the bullpen when his best reliever was shuffling. Sorry but you can't play both sides. Only way you don't overuse a pen is by sticking with guys and letting them sink or swim when they don't look perfect.

Cody Allen is struggling but absent and injury this is something he has to work with. This is really the first struggles he has had in 3 years in the bigs. place the blame where it belongs- on Allen. Then move on to the next game.

I'm not blaming Allen or that Francona stuck with him. That's normal with most every team in that situation. What I am pissed off at though is the idea of starting and then leaving Aviles in CF. I love Mikey. He's not a CF'er though. The case can be made he's not even an OF'er in the major leagues. This is the Major Leagues. Outfield? Really?

Aviles stated he could not have made that catch. No way. No how. I strongly disagree. The replay shows him getting a bad read of the ball and not sprinting back. The replay also seems to show the ball going right beside his glove or am I not seeing it right? It was certainly catchable and a normal play made by a real OF'er. If that catch is made the entire inning is way different.

People say it's early. While literally that is true, think about what the Indians have to do from here on out if Detroit plays .500 ball the rest of the season? We all know Detroit isn't going to play .500. It's really depressing.

I don't think there is a ton to be done roster wise.

But you can't have Brandon Moss AND David Murphy on this roster.

Got to find a way to get rid of David Murphy and get someone up here who is more versatile and can play center field.

Replacing Murph with Tyler Holt is a move that needs to be made.

Bauer is so damn impressive. Even with the slow start, Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, and himself are the reason this could turn around in a heartbeat.

Bauer is so damn impressive. Even with the slow start, Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, and himself are the reason this could turn around in a heartbeat.
This is what keeps me buoyed with this team. Too much talent for them to not hit eventually. Although the backend of the bullpen has to be sorted out- primarily by Allen and Shaw getting back on track.

AZ- rock and a hard place w Murphy. The offense hasn't been that good that they can just toss out a guy who has hit in the past. I love Holt but I still never see him hitting worth a shit up here- and with Blurb having so many injury probe last year and Brantley having the back issue so far I think they have kept him as a hedge. Not a big fan of it, but then again I'm not a big fan of the alternative- Holt, Moncrief, Ramsay. I need to see AAA production from one of them before starting up the carousel.

Why was Brantley not in CF though? Aviles/Sands easily can play LF/RF. Just seemed awkward to me.

But the Tigers are 1/9th of the way there, or something....I guess

Keep acting like it doesn't matter that our biggest rival started 11-2 and we've started 4-8 and have wasted 4 quality starts already. Keep acting like it doesn't matter, because...April. I guess.

It's literally the same thing every year on here. The Indians start off like dog shit, people complain, you and a certain crowd mock everybody that is concerned and say it's April and these games don't matter. And then the Indians end up having an underwhelming year. Same thing almost every. Single. Season.

I'm aware it's April, I've been watching baseball a long time kind of like you. I'm aware you really can't win the division in April, but you damn well can lose it. An old adage that definitely has some accuracy to it. Which is why I think this start is definitely concerning. Keep throwing away quality starts all month long and you'll never sniff the division in September.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."