• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
That article left me rubbing my eyes with kosher salt. Just the worst. He is proud to be bringing his talents to bleacher report the same way homeless people are proud to be bringing their talent to sleeping on park benches.

I've been on this site for like 20 years and have upwards of 200,000 posts. In all that time, this is absolutely a top 10 post.

Torn, the idea that Manziel disengaged last season because the Browns mismanaged him in a ridiculous statement to make. Just take a step back and think about that statement if it were actually true.

A rookie QB with the personality the size of Andre the Giant and the stature of a Keebler elf, decided he did not want to participate because he wasn't the starter? He blew off the entire year because he wasn't the starter and then when he was they were running an offense he didn't like. I keep asking myself, if that's the case why does anyone defend him? If his name was John Smith instead of Johnny Football Browns fans wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
The first and second week he was set to start he put in extra time.
I did not say he chose not to participate. Disengaged doesnt mean that.
There was plenty of reports that Johnny would eat by himself and was aloof throughout the season.

Telling a guy you just drafted to act like a backup quarterback through the media Whatever that means because im sure Johnny didnt know nor should he have.
Scrapping the Manziel package from weeks 5 to 13 . didnt really place alot of accountability on Manziel. Farmer himself admitted the Browns didnt take the right approach with Manziel his rookie season and took steps to address that this offseason.
stating the Browns allowed Manziel to disengage is certainly not excusing Manziel of any culpability.

Scrapping the Manziel package from weeks 5 to 13 . didnt really place alot of accountability on Manziel. Farmer himself admitted the Browns didnt take the right approach with Manziel his rookie season and took steps to address that this offseason.
stating the Browns allowed Manziel to disengage is certainly not excusing Manziel of any culpability.

He did?

Farmer said he's still confident Manziel can be successful in the NFL if he's put in the right situation. He said the Browns changed their scheme last year when Manziel played to accomodate his skillset, and it was foreign to everyone.

"You've got to put people in the optimum opportunity to have success,'' he said. "I look at who we were at the beginning of last year - running the football, playing play-action, two backs in the backfield. We didn't play like that when he played.

"Giving him those opportunities could present a different opportunity, a different option for his skillset. Again, it's matching the two, it's marrying up what guys do well with what you're doing. And as you marry those over time is when I think you'll see a difference in performance.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/ray_farmer_on_johnny_manziel_i.html

So not really....got it.

You're bogus.

Guy is 100 percent dead on. There was no reason to believe Manziel would ever be ready for NFL action, literally everything positive about him was "intangible."

Horrendous.

Seeing as we moved up into the 1st round to get him and he's only played 2 games, I'd have to disagree thoroughly.

None of what you just said refutes anything in my post.

Joe Thomas: Manziel 'night and day from last year'
  • _Sessler-65x90.jpg
  • By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 28, 2015 at 05:14 p.m.
  • Updated: April 28, 2015 at 06:12 p.m.

Joe Thomas sees a transformation in quarterback Johnny Manziel.

In an exclusive interview with NFL Media's Andrea Kremer, Cleveland's Pro Bowl left tackle heaped praise on Johnny after saying earlier this month that the Browns passer "lost probably a lot of trust" among teammates with the way he handled himself as a rookie.

"The way he is now is night and day from last year," Thomas said Tuesday. "He has a bright future ahead of him."

Thomas quipped that Manziel, recently released from treatment, now spends his Saturdays studying the playbook and watching film instead of riding "a swan in a swimming pool drinking champagne," saying: "It's apparent he's realized how important football is to him. He's realized you can't get away with those things anymore."

Said Thomas: "As one of the leaders, it'll be my job to talk to him sometimes, (but) he's already impressed a lot of people here now in the last couple of weeks."

Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden told Kremer that Manziel has been a workhorse around the facility, staying later to study the new offense.

"He has the it-factor. He has what you can't teach," said Haden, adding: "Actions speaking louder than words. He's putting forth those actions. That's all he can do."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-thomas-manziel-night-and-day-from-last-year

Glad to see your enjoying a systematic walk down memory lane.

sometimes someone has to fail to succeed. johnny's giving himself a chance to do so

The Browns seem to be giving just the tip of a let down here for all those fans that want them to move up for Mariota.

He's our QB, boys.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."