• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We are? The majority of people I've seen hyping him as an NFL prospect are the media and people with no OSU connection...it's not just a bunch of OSU fans.

Another path which leads to some hot takes.

The common thought, from what I've seen, is that Cardale would have been a 2nd rounder this year and will be a 1st rounder in 2016. This isn't OSU fans. This is football fans. Everyone loves this kid. If people want to try and look real smart by saying he's not a good prospect, then that is their right.

Another path which leads to some hot takes.

Well, I'm not endorsing nor condemning their opinion, just saying that this isn't some hype train that began with a bunch of OSU fans.

The common thought, from what I've seen, is that Cardale would have been a 2nd rounder this year and will be a 1st rounder in 2016. This isn't OSU fans. This is football fans. Everyone loves this kid. If people want to try and look real smart by saying he's not a good prospect, then that is their right.

Pretty much my take. I don't pretend to be a scout like b00bie. Cardale is already being touted. Who knows if it's accurate or not, I'm not gonna act like I know either way. :chuckle:

That is, after all, the common thought.

Riding the hype train may have been in his best interests.

After all, being able to hide the weaknesses in your game after defenses adjust to your style of play is a crucial component for any QB at any level in which you're scouted this thoroughly.

He has all the tools to be a good prospect, but the fact he has three collegiate starts and is considered by Meyer to not have the full grasp of their offensive concepts in tow even now...doesn't give me too much hope if he's launched into the role of immediate contributor (which is what this draft projection suggests).

Wasn't Mariota just taken with the 2nd overall pick in the draft with the notion that he isn't an immediate contributor?

I do agree that he should have rode the hype train and gone to the draft this year. I thought that all along. But that's another conversation.

Wasn't Mariota just taken with the 2nd overall pick in the draft with the notion that he isn't an immediate contributor?

I do agree that he should have rode the hype train and gone to the draft this year. I thought that all along. But that's another conversation.

I think that immediate contributor thing gets tossed around alot with the gimmick offenses like Oregon, or mainly to cover their ass when a high pick they've been touting doesn't immediately play like Andrew Luck.

Jones will be a 15-18 game starter at best (if he starts), coming from a gimmick offense which he's not fully in the grasp of yet.

You'll have to excuse my unwillingness to anoint him based solely on his arm strength and truck stick.

I think that immediate contributor thing gets tossed around alot with the gimmick offenses like Oregon, or mainly to cover their ass when a high pick they've been touting doesn't immediately play like Andrew Luck.

Jones will be a 15-18 game starter at best (if he starts), coming from a gimmick offense which he's not fully in the grasp of yet.

You'll have to excuse my unwillingness to anoint him based solely on his arm strength and truck stick.
But his twitter account shows he has moxie. What else does he need?

CF4k2rmUEAAy3Iz.jpg

Rumors abound that Braxton Miller suffered some sort of set-back with his throwing today.

None of what I've heard trying to confirm it has been good news.

Stay tuned...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."