• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Even though that made no sense I get what Torn said.

Beat reporters may have an idea or some pretty reliable information but can't get multiple sources to confirm so they don't go to the public with it. They are going to tread lightly when there are personal issues in play like the case with Manziel.

I have no idea how many meetings he missed, all I know is what has been reported and that's just the 1. However; based on Manziel's history, his rehab stint and Max's information, it's certainly not a stretch to think that is not the only incident.

“All I know is this: From the moment he stepped in this building from the last two weeks, he’s been nothing but a consummate professional,” DeFilippo said Saturday after rookie minicamp practice. “He’s spent every hour that he’s been allowed to spend in this building. We give them worksheets every Tuesday and every Friday, and they’re done to the unbelievable detail that we need an NFL quarterback to do.
“Absolutely,” he said. “First of all, I think he has fairly good arm strength. I think he gets the ball out of his hand fast. I think Johnny has a lot of traits that good quarterbacks in this league have. It’s just a matter of getting better at them.”
http://medinagazette.northcoastnow....iel-praise-new-oc john-defillippo-likes-sees/

“All I know is this: From the moment he stepped in this building from the last two weeks, he’s been nothing but a consummate professional,” DeFilippo said Saturday after rookie minicamp practice. “He’s spent every hour that he’s been allowed to spend in this building. We give them worksheets every Tuesday and every Friday, and they’re done to the unbelievable detail that we need an NFL quarterback to do.
“Absolutely,” he said. “First of all, I think he has fairly good arm strength. I think he gets the ball out of his hand fast. I think Johnny has a lot of traits that good quarterbacks in this league have. It’s just a matter of getting better at them.”
http://medinagazette.northcoastnow.com/2015/05/18/browns-johnny-manziel-praise-new-oc john-defillippo-likes-sees/
Article posted on 5/20 from a 5/20 publication that was filed on 5/18 with DeFilippo being quoted from 5/16 after practice and directly BEFORE said drinking incident with Joe Haden at Town Hall. I am not going to draw inferences, just wanted all readers to understand where the context of that quote fits.

As for my opinion, it's a bad look to go boozing at TH this quickly after rehab, but that's just more pressure for this young man to have to deal with. I would think it would be a decent PR move to speak a bit about his rehab and what it has done for him, but at this point, he can only WIN by regaining the benefit of the doubt via the football field. It's all about staying off of social media and staying out of social scenes, studying hard, practicing well, and ultimately producing results on Sunday. I hope he gets there simply because he is a Brown and that's how I choose to fan, but I am cautiously pessimistic at this point.

As for my opinion, it's a bad look to go boozing at TH this quickly after rehab, but that's just more pressure for this young man to have to deal with.

Eek.. I'm trying to stay away from assuming Johnny was boozing. We have one forum poster who's actually "confirmed" that Johnny was drinking. This story has come up, but nobody outside here alleged drinking. Unless I've missed something, of course.

Eek.. I'm trying to stay away from assuming Johnny was boozing. We have one forum poster who's actually "confirmed" that Johnny was drinking. This story has come up, but nobody outside here alleged drinking. Unless I've missed something, of course.
Point taken. I had made the leap b/c of the twitter posts and the poster here talking about ripping shots, but really, things can escalate quickly when you are playing telephone with monkeys. He could have went to TH to pick Haden up as a designated driver and we could have the exact same tweets and internet rumors. I doubt it, but hey, point taken - what happened could be far from what is being "reported."

Point taken. I had made the leap b/c of the twitter posts and the poster here talking about ripping shots, but really, things can escalate quickly when you are playing telephone with monkeys. He could have went to TH to pick Haden up as a designated driver and we could have the exact same tweets and internet rumors. I doubt it, but hey, point taken - what happened could be far from what is being "reported."

I certainly think it's something to be weary of, but you're right. We really don't know what Johnny was doing there. I've heard accounts of him drinking "boxed water" there. Just saying I'd avoid buying into the drinking rumor at this point. Remember, most people at Town Hall were probably drinking/drunk at the time as well.

That's not to say that the implications of him drinking again (relapsing) aren't bad or aren't worth discussing; we just shouldn't let the rumor affect our perception of the guy quite yet.

Article posted on 5/20 from a 5/20 publication that was filed on 5/18 with DeFilippo being quoted from 5/16 after practice and directly BEFORE said drinking incident with Joe Haden at Town Hall. I am not going to draw inferences, just wanted all readers to understand where the context of that quote fits.

As for my opinion, it's a bad look to go boozing at TH this quickly after rehab, but that's just more pressure for this young man to have to deal with. I would think it would be a decent PR move to speak a bit about his rehab and what it has done for him, but at this point, he can only WIN by regaining the benefit of the doubt via the football field. It's all about staying off of social media and staying out of social scenes, studying hard, practicing well, and ultimately producing results on Sunday. I hope he gets there simply because he is a Brown and that's how I choose to fan, but I am cautiously pessimistic at this point.
Incident? was Johnny at the Bar drinking when he should of been practicing? and how is the coach being happy with the work Johnny is putting in not relevant? it is the only thing that is relevant.The only way it would be relavent is if Manziel was in the NFL substance abuse program which if he was it appears he isnt now.

Im not expecting Manziel to be training at midnight on a saturday night , regarding the post game party. did Manziel miss any meetings or practice sessions?

public intoxication, DUI, misssed practices, not putting his time. have any of these things happened since Manziel got out rehab?

OTA's started Tuesday. anyone see him at the bar Monday night?

well its appears Manziel did receive treatment at a 12 step program so i found this tidbit from the Caron website

The author is misinformed in yet other areas. It’s well-known that many clinicians today don’t believe you have to hit “rock bottom” before you can recover; Caron and other experts believe in intervening as early as possible. Glaser also supports proponents of drinking in moderation. This is demonstrative of the perpetual societal misunderstanding about the importance of abstinence.

There is a difference in the brain chemistry of a person who abuses alcohol and a person who is addicted to it. Abusers may be able to drink moderately at times, but an alcoholic cannot. Many alcoholics wish they could drink in moderation and many have tried. Alcoholics can’t do it and it’s not a failure of willpower or a moral failing. Despite Glaser’s statement to the contrary, alcoholism is a chronic brain disorder that, if left untreated, is fatal. We believe there is no quick fix and/or middle ground if one is addicted. Abstinence is the only way to achieve long-term recovery. Unfortunately, we do also treat many former alcohol abusers who did eventually become addicted

http://www.caronchitchat.org/12-steps-treatment-today/

It appears these programs have also evolved.

of course what some people consider moderation and abuse will vary

but not all heavy drinkers are alcoholics.

Incident? was Johnny at the Bar drinking when he should of been practicing? and how is the coach being happy with the work Johnny is putting in not relevant? it is the only thing that is relevant.The only way it would be relavent is if Manziel was in the NFL substance abuse program which if he was it appears he isnt now.

Im not expecting Manziel to be training at midnight on a saturday night , regarding the post game party. did Manziel miss any meetings or practice sessions?

public intoxication, DUI, misssed practices, not putting his time. have any of these things happened since Manziel got out rehab?

It's amazing how you miss the point so badly sometimes.

Johnny Manziel, the human being, checked himself into rehab for a substance abuse problem he wanted to get under control. He is reportedly at bars less than 30 days after his release. This has nothing to do with his practice ability. If true, Johnny Manziel, the human being is not well. If he's not well, he's not going to do anything in his life well and until he has this issue under control he cannot be trusted by his family, friends or employer.

misssed practices, not putting his time. have any of these things happened since Manziel got out rehab?

The fact you think you'll actually be aware of these things through whatever people say to media is beyond naive.

I hope you are right

The fact you think you'll actually be aware of these things through whatever people say to media is beyond naive.
source?

so you see johnny drinking and assume he is missing practice?

you are intentionally missing the point.

unless Manziel is missing practices and not putting his time in then there is no problem.

doesnt matter if im aware of it or not. in fact nowhere in the quote did i make any statement at all. those were questions.

Im of the opinion the Browns would be less likely to sweep Manziel work ethic under ther rug and address it right away.

It's amazing how you miss the point so badly sometimes.

Johnny Manziel, the human being, checked himself into rehab for a substance abuse problem he wanted to get under control. He is reportedly at bars less than 30 days after his release. This has nothing to do with his practice ability. If true, Johnny Manziel, the human being is not well. If he's not well, he's not going to do anything in his life well and until he has this issue under control he cannot be trusted by his family, friends or employer.
or maybe My father was an genuine alcoholic and this rhetoric truly makes a joke out of a serious condition.

fact is he is a football player and he just needs to avoid being arrested. under control is not necessarily abstinence or avoiding bars. let me know he gets a public intox or misses a meeting or stops putting in the extra work and if johnny going to the bar a month after rehab is an issue

If the Browns expectation is that Johnny never goes to a bar as trust it would certainly be an unreasonable one and one out of bounds for someone who is an employee not an indentured servant.
as far as his relationships with his friends and family. thats really between him and them not John Q fan.

So the bar is that low for the starting QB of an NFL team? Just don't get arrested. Ok.

He's in a bar, late at night 30 days AFTER he leaves rehab. How do you NOT see that is an issue? How does that not give you concern about his sobriety? How does that not give you issue about his long term mental and physical health? Astounding.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."