• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

ECF: Cavs 4 - Hawks 0

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Yeah, and the current team is possibly better than the one with Irving and Love. Pretty interesting turn of events. I mean it's almost like why pay the extra 40 mil?

Well, I wouldn't take it that far... Both those guys will be essential for us in the future. (Hopefully kyrie in the very near future). We will need that offensive power at some point before these playoffs are done. But as to why we're winning with the current roster it's about the defense first.

Close em out at the Q. Get Kyrie 2 weeks of rest before the finals start.

recap? at bar can't see

Wasn't much was said. Usual "both teams played hard" and "hopefully we'll bounce back" type of thing. But my god, the demeanor was just pitiful. He looks like he cried out of frustration and already giving up.

Reactions: Zen
It is strange, but I think what has happened is we've been forced to replace two of the better offensive players in the league (who are moderately below average at best on defense) with two dynamic defensive players. Thus we've gone from a huge offensive threat to a defensive juggernaut. Delly, shumpert, JR, lebron and TT/moz is absolutely stifling on defense. The statistics reflect that. Instead of bombing teams out of the gym we are strangling them to death. I don't know why more isn't being said about this.
Our defense was so bad before we picked up Moz. Adding him to the team made a huge noticeable difference from day 1. But TT has been surprisingly good at defense this postseason. He has all but shut Millsap down and he is getting more blocks at the rim than we usually see. That has been huge for us.

I got a little too all in tonight.
197c84e87626aea234d014e5764b9e32.jpg

I would like some back story. I'm sure I'm not alone. :chuckle:
I wish there was some element of badassery to the story, but I've talked to the floor security kid at Philips the last three Cavs games and found out he's at Georgia State for journalism. My fiancé is a producer at CNN, I offered to keep my ear to the ground for internships and he wrote his contact info on the back. Still thought the card was hilarious though.

Demarre came off a little too cocky for my taste in the presser, as if he has the right to be after hurting his team more than helping in game 2. But he really thinks the Hawks are going to come into Cleveland and beat us. I know he is supposed to be confident, but c'mon. They won't know what hit em when they come to the Q. They aren't ready.

Wasn't much was said. Usual "both teams played hard" and "hopefully we'll bounce back" type of thing. But my god, the demeanor was just pitiful. He looks like he cried out of frustration and already giving up.

Hard to judge demeanor on a man whose face looks like the poop face an infant makes

8363289.jpg

He's actually got a point.

Hate to go money ball here, but that's what the stats say

Yeah, and the current team is possibly better than the one with Irving and Love. Pretty interesting turn of events. I mean it's almost like why pay the extra 40 mil?

He's actually got a point.

Hate to go money ball here, but that's what the stats say

A lot of this may just be due to matchups: Boston had a poor offense but had sound defense and were physical. TT actually had a hard time guarding Olynk at times but neither Bulls nor Hawks have true stretch 4's (well Mirotic would count but he's probably a year away).

Some posters (forgive me forgot who) felt that playing Boston was going to be great practice because they had a quick PG and a great coach who would try to get mismatches. Think a lot of folks underestimted Boston because of their overall record when in reality they finished the season as the hottest team in the league.

Last edited:
Rest Kyrie till the Finals. We'll need him as healthy as possible in there. We can beat the Hawks without him as we just proved

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."