• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/TNA/Etc Spoiler Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
My issue isn't with Cena himself. He can wrestle when he gets paired up with someone good. It's just that WWE refuses to ever let him lose legitimately. I also hate that they keep sticking with the same gimmick for Cena even though people have clearly turned against him. Cena is really the only guy I can think of who has literally never been a heel. Everyone else who has been in WWE as long as Cena has had to spend time as a heel. It's just sad that Cena is so immune. He might actually become interesting if they make him a bad guy. But he's just so fucking boring as a good guy.

He started off a heel. His feud with Taker was heel, and it was awful. Him beating Big Show for the US was the best thing that ever happened to him.

But let's be real, heel Cena would be what? Him turning on fans? That would suck.

Haven't watched wrestling since Samoa Joe was wrestling Bryan Danielson in Ring of Honor on bootleg DVDs. They both are in the WWE now and they changed his name to Daniel Bryan?

What's NXT? Is that where the guys who can actually wrestle but aren't liked by 12 year olds practice to get beat by Cena?

I was thinking of watching a PPV because I used to like this stuff as a kid and was curious but I think reading this thread scratched that itch when I saw Cena is still invincible after all these years.

As you read through, given your history, and see names

Owens is Steen
Rollins is Tyler Black (coincidentally, Jimmy Jacobs is a writer)
Luke Harper is Brodie Lee
Zayn is Generico (forever, even if he's helping orphans)

It's basically ROH.

As you read through, given your history, and see names

Owens is Steen
Rollins is Tyler Black (coincidentally, Jimmy Jacobs is a writer)
Luke Harper is Brodie Lee
Zayn is Generico (forever, even if he's helping orphans)

It's basically ROH.

Maybe I'll check it out then, sounds interesting

He started off a heel. His feud with Taker was heel, and it was awful. Him beating Big Show for the US was the best thing that ever happened to him.

But let's be real, heel Cena would be what? Him turning on fans? That would suck.

Well, he hasn't been a heel since he became popular, which has to have been a decade at this point, right? I can't think of anyone else who has gone that long in the WWE without having to do a heel turn.

A Cena heel turn right now would be really cool. It would basically flip the script on who is cheering and booing. The guys booing him right now because he's generic and boring would start cheering the change in direction, while the twelve year olds who love Cena would start booing him. It would be funny.

Well, he hasn't been a heel since he became popular, which has to have been a decade at this point, right? I can't think of anyone else who has gone that long in the WWE without having to do a heel turn.

A Cena heel turn right now would be really cool. It would basically flip the script on who is cheering and booing. The guys booing him right now because he's generic and boring would start cheering the change in direction, while the twelve year olds who love Cena would start booing him. It would be funny.

I don't think it's ever going to happen because of the amount of work he does for Make a Wish, ect. But the other thing is someone is going to need to take his place as a super face and there isn't a single guy that could pull it off the way Cena does. I'm glad he's holding the US title so he's not in the picture for the more important titles. I'm sure he'd be a great heel, but there's no point anymore because he is FAR more valuable as a face.

I don't think it's ever going to happen because of the amount of work he does for Make a Wish, ect. But the other thing is someone is going to need to take his place as a super face and there isn't a single guy that could pull it off the way Cena does. I'm glad he's holding the US title so he's not in the picture for the more important titles. I'm sure he'd be a great heel, but there's no point anymore because he is FAR more valuable as a face.

The thing is, the crowd is who ultimately ends up dictating who the super face is, and right now it's just not Cena. Too many people boo him for him to be like Stone Cold or the Rock in their heydays. Daniel Bryan was obviously that guy for a bit, but he just can't stay healthy. WWE is just going to have to wait and see who the crowd falls in love with and go with it. You can't make the crowd love someone, as we saw when they tried to force Reigns on everyone. The crowd will dictate who the next super face is, and Cena just doesn't get enough of a pop any more for it to be him. Thankfully the WWE finally realized that.

They never let ricky steamboat the dragon be a heel and he wanted to be

Without the title on the line, it's going to be interesting to see if the WWE lets Cena lose this one. On paper, it feels like Owens needs this win more, as it would continue his streak of domination since he took the title from Zayne.

But it's also the WWE, and Cena gets protected. Ugh.

Goddamn man Kevin Owens is just a phenomenal wrestler.

Also, Cena kicks out of finishers entirely too much for how lame his own are.

Edit: Holy shit! They actually let Owens win.

Last edited:
That was a great match.

I think Owens may be a lot of people's favourite wrestler after that.

Now I just hope they don't turn this Cena/Owens thing into an actual rivalry, because we all know that Cena isn't going to lose again if that happens. It would suck to see Owens make it to the big leagues and start jobbing for Cena after what just happened with Rusev, another dominant heel who had his momentum crushed by a long feud with Cena.

WWE should have opened with this Neville match, because it's basically impossible to give a shit about it after that incredible Owens/Cena match. This is supposed to be when they insert the diva match so I can take a bathroom break and refill my drink, but I actually was looking forward to this one.

Goddamn man Kevin Owens is just a phenomenal wrestler.

Also, Cena kicks out of finishers entirely too much for how lame his own are.

Edit: Holy shit! They actually let Owens win.
Clean win at that.

I personally think they need to keep Cena off TV for a week to sell the loss, but they wont. I would also like to see Cena come down to NXT and get his ass handed to him on a random Wednesday night. Maybe then lead to a bunch of NXT heels invading Raw.

Owens loses all long term credibility if he starts jobbing to Cena.

Clean win at that.

That was the most shocking part of it. When is the last time Cena lost clean? I can't even remember.

I'm curious what they're going to do with Owens now. He pretty clearly proved tonight that he belongs on the main roster. Do they keep him as the NXT champion? Does dropping the title (assuming he loses it like Neville did before his call up) kill some of his momentum?

And if they aren't going to call him up, why have him beat Cena clean?

I could go for another NXT invasion where the 'authority' loses control.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."