• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Yep, I saw it, it was generally good... If you liked that, you'd certainly love Inside (2007).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0856288/

I won't say shit except that it has a very similar vibe, it is also French, and it is terrifying.

I saw Inside as well and enjoyed it. You can almost see that time period between 2002-2010 as a sort of resurgence in French horror.

Martyrs to me is almost perfection in regards to horror. You said it was generally good. What aspects of it didn't you like?

I saw Inside as well and enjoyed it. You can almost see that time period between 2002-2010 as a sort of resurgence in French horror.

Martyrs to me is almost perfection in regards to horror. You said it was generally good. What aspects of it didn't you like?

I liked the movie a lot. When I said "generally" I didn't mean to dismiss it, I just felt that it was not done as well as some others that had been previously mentioned. As I recall, I would've given it about a 7.

I'll watch it again tonight though, because I've only seen it once and perhaps I'm not fully appreciating it.

I liked the movie a lot. When I said "generally" I didn't mean to dismiss it, I just felt that it was not done as well as some others that had been previously mentioned. As I recall, I would've given it about a 7.

I'll watch it again tonight though, because I've only seen it once and perhaps I'm not fully appreciating it.

Fair enough. Certainly wasn't implying that everyone should love it, but I am interested in hearing what folks think was subpar... maybe I'm blinded by the wonder/revulsion I had when I watched it for the first time.

I just really like the unique combination of psychological and physical terror, gore, supernatural elements, and finally a crazy, twisted denoument. It really has everything you'd want in a horror film in my opinion, and nothing in the genre has given me that feeling since.

Have you seen Martyrs yet? I keep singing its praises on here. People keep mentioning great horror movies and not mentioning this one. See it if you haven't. Next level type of horror movie, and I agree with all of those that you mentioned.

I have watched some of the key parts out of curiosity. It seems brutal. I will eventually watch it.

On another note...I recognize how Dario Argento movies can be considered art but I just do not find them interesting or entertaining at all. Suspiria is a pretty good example of his style in that the costumes are amazing, the cinematography is amazing and it's disturbing because it's so...much. But the movie does not scare me or keep me interested.

I'm not sure I could even explain why not. As I type this, I'm wondering if I should rewatch some of his stuff.

I saw Mad Max last weekend and liked it enough I want to see it again. I rarely do that, but there's so much going on I know I'll see things I missed.

I really want to see Ex Machina and I have since I saw the first trailer, but the stupid theater here in Wooster isn't showing it so it's about a 45 minute drive each way to watch it.

I think one the best things about exmachina is how the script is so strong. It would havemadean excellent piece of theatre. Strong performance by a minimal cast in a couple of rooms but itreally carries you along

Tomorrowland - 7/10

I found this movie to be very fun. Almost like what Jupiter Ascending should've been. Plot was pretty simple and straightforward, but didn't seem dull.

It is a Disney movie with a PG rating, so there are a lot of cartoonish moments, as well as a bunch of cheesy/hopey/touchy/feely moments. But beyond that, it was pretty fun.

I'm always a little late to the party on movies because I have a home theater in my basement so I wait for stuff to come out on Blu-ray or Netflix instead of going to the theater.

Just watched "Interstellar"...

Totally. Blown. Away.

It immediately has made my Top Ten Favorite Movies of All Time.

Just WOW!

@gourimoko

I'm always a little late to the party on movies because I have a home theater in my basement so I wait for stuff to come out on Blu-ray or Netflix instead of going to the theater.

Just watched "Interstellar"...

Totally. Blown. Away.

It immediately has made my Top Ten Favorite Movies of All Time.

Just WOW!

@gourimoko

Early word is The Martian by ridley scott is shaping up to be as good as interstellar. Looks like we have golden era of Sci Fi on our hands

Finally saw "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" last night.

9/10

It drags a little bit in the beginning, but truly a great movie overall with some stunning visuals and a big leap from the first part of the reboot.

Watched Interstellar for the 3rd time yesterday. I just love this movie.

I don't know exactly what it is, but it's probably a combination of great atmosphere, the fantastic score by Hans Zimmer and Matthew McConaughey's acting - oh and probably because of the genre ( I love science fiction movies, especially those, which are more "science" than "fiction" - and Interstellar certainly tries to fit into that category).

Btw, here a video of Neil deGrasse Tyson about the realism of Interstellar (must watch!):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7tV7v71k-I

How hard did that half-Asian broad peg NDT after they filmed that video?

#pegging #seriousquestion #trisexual #bleeding

Watched Interstellar for the 3rd time yesterday. I just love this movie.

I don't know exactly what it is, but it's probably a combination of great atmosphere, the fantastic score by Hans Zimmer and Matthew McConaughey's acting - oh and probably because of the genre ( I love science fiction movies, especially those, which are more "science" than "fiction" - and Interstellar certainly tries to fit into that category).

Btw, here a video of Neil deGrasse Tyson about the realism of Interstellar (must watch!):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7tV7v71k-I

A video of Neil deGrasse Tyson and a half asian chick? You had me at NDT.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."