• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NBA Playoffs Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
They have no good choices. Prigioni is getting killed too. They COULD start Brewer and put him on Curry and let Harden run the point but now you're starting Brewer and Josh Smith. Two guys who can't shoot (or shoot well).

How come noone talks about Curry carrying the Warriors to the finals. it just shows how slanted reporting is when it comes to lebron.

When we win the East, I hope Steph is going to present that ugly ass trophy from 6 feet outside the arc. I'm also craving for some more info on how banged-up the Hawks are.

I was listening to Jalen&Jacoby the other day, and I almost threw my phone out the window when Jalen Rose (aka the emperor of politically correct bullshit) said that Harden and Curry are the two best players in the league, while LeBron is the best SF.

since 1980
You did have the Heat vs mavericks who went into the finals with 5 games sets. however the closest sweep was in 1986 where the two finals teams had a combined 1 loss in their conference finals.(Celtics,Rockets)

Teams that Sweep in the conference finals are something like 6-4 in the finals since 1980

The plan was never to stop Curry. The plan was to make him work.

Healthy Kyrie drops 25+ on him and Shump guards him on the other end of the floor.

Sadly that may no longer be the case.

Oh and for all those who dismiss the importance of Kevin Love. Sometimes you need that legit 3rd star to keep you in games if your other star is off the first half.
Ya but now we wont buklshit around putting kyrie on him and just play the efficient way.. with a fpcus on +/- and defense

focus on plus minus. where in the heck is this coming from. its essentially saying focus on doing everything better than your opponent. which is typically the goal anyways.
+/- what?

is this a twitter thing?
im strategically plus minused to death

I don't know how anyone thought this series would go any differently. Only reason the Rockets were in striking distance in games 1 and 2 was because Golden State got bored with leads.

The Cavs, yes even these hobbled Cavs, can beat this Warriors team. But it would require a very ugly series. And a shift further down the physical defense, Bad Boy Piston spectrum that we've crept our way down with every injury.

We would have to make a concerted effort in game 1 to set the stage for how we will play the series defensively. Really physical defense, hands on their shooters off the ball, blasting through the screener, bruising fouls at the rim, Delly or Shump denying Curry starting at halfcourt for long stretches throughout the game...

That style will result in a ton of foul trouble early in game 1, but you have to hope that it can set the tone of the series as a physical one moving forward. The Warriors are a pretty boy team that has encountered no adversity this season. Memphis stole 2 games from them as a physical, grind it out defensive team. Let's take that to the next level.

So there's more of a chance that Steph will hit one three pointer than there is Dwight hitting one free throw. That's absolutely hilarious.

They have no good choices. Prigioni is getting killed too. They COULD start Brewer and put him on Curry and let Harden run the point but now you're starting Brewer and Josh Smith. Two guys who can't shoot (or shoot well).

That's what I'd do, but I'd just bench Smith too, and go with Terrance Jones.

Let Harden run the point, and put Brewer on Curry. Curry is just torching Terry and Prigioni.

33, 34, and 40, yikes. And some people really thought Curry wouldn't continue his onslaught with these two guys defending him.

Guarantee he scores at least 30 again in game 4 if he makes no changes. And I doubt he will.

Klay Thompson hasn't been much of a factor, they are allowing Curry to beat them single handily, and its not paying off.

So there's more of a chance that Steph will hit one three pointer than there is Dwight hitting one free throw. That's absolutely hilarious.

And on top of that, Dwight is actually open on all his free throws and has time to set his feet.

I'm not sure if this says more about Howard ineptitude or Curry's ability.

I'm so glad we didn't try to get Brewer. That dude's idea of shooting is underhanding the ball up at the rim and hoping it goes in.

Ok guys, after p
That's what I'd do, but I'd just bench Smith too, and go with Terrance Jones.

Let Harden run the point, and put Brewer on Curry. Curry is just torching Terry and Prigioni.

33, 34, and 40, yikes. And some people really thought Curry wouldn't continue his onslaught with these two guys defending him.

Guarantee he scores at least 30 again in game 4 if he makes no changes. And I doubt he will.

Klay Thompson hasn't been much of a factor, they are allowing Curry to beat them single handily, and its not paying off.

I feel like for us, and this is admittedly a stretch here, we want the Rockets to maintain the status quo. This way when we throw Shump on him, it will be that much more drastic of a change.

Ok guys, after p

I feel like for us, and this is admittedly a stretch here, we want the Rockets to maintain the status quo. This way when we throw Shump on him, it will be that much more drastic of a change.

I just don't get how we can put Shump on him, with Kyrie out there.

He has to guard either a 6-7 Thompson coming off screens, or a 6-8 Barnes.

Maybe during the stretch of games, you could get away with putting Kyrie on an Iggy/Barnes.

When Iggy is in the game, I think Kyrie could get away with guarding him. But Klay no way, and him on Barnes isn't a good match either.

I just don't get how we can put Shump on him, with Kyrie out there.

Thompson is the lesser of two evils IMO. But frankly, if Kyrie can get himself to 90% i'm OK with him guarding Steph regularly. Especially if Kyrie forces him to work on defense.

Thing is Curry doesn't even have to play straight up defense. So he doesn't waste any energy on that end.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."