• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cavs can play differently depending on Kyrie. It seems pretty damn simple to me. We can win with or without him. Our flexibility to win multiple different ways means it truly does not matter. I hope we rest Kyrie until the finals. I feel we need all the guys for the finals. Why the hell is it better to have one less player as some in here are saying? It's always best to have one more player available, especially if that player is an all star. Have some of you lost your friggin minds?

Bc we are twenty points a game better without him, it's a team that doesn't deserve to be on the court with us, he's only getting more banged up, he's exponentially more important against gsw and he's risking his career.

For starters

Edit: sorry dude j misinterpreted your post for wanting kyrie to play

Last edited:
Especially against Golden State I like Kyrie off the bench for like 20 minutes, assuming his knee stays just as shitty. Won't have to guard Thompson or Curry in those minutes. Can put up some points hopefully against Livingston.

Also, I see all the numbers.. I just can't wrap my brain around the Cavs being better without kyrie even when healthy..

Someone help out

When healthy, we keep LeBron or Kyrie on the court all of the time. i.e. when LeBron sits, Kyrie plays, when Kyrie sits LeBron plays. So the numbers show LeBron is better than Kyrie.

When healthy, we keep LeBron or Kyrie on the court all of the time. i.e. when LeBron sits, Kyrie plays, when Kyrie sits LeBron plays. So the numbers show LeBron is better than Kyrie.

But what about delly dominating va kyrie in the shump jr lbj tt lineups etc

evegni post is pretty spot on: elite perimeter defense is extremely valuable in the league while PG production is deep.

A second hypothesis is that it's just better to have Lebron have the ball more?

The first comparison compared a lineup that played 19 minutes to one that played 16 minutes. The other compared two lineups that played less than 10 minutes each. These aren't minutes a game, these are total minutes for the entire season.

Kyrie was our 2nd best player. We were better with him on the court than off by +9.6 ppg. We were a net 4.8 points worse with Delly on the court than off.

Our lineup of Irving-JR.Smith-James-Love-Mozgov had a DRtg of 98 in 479 minutes played. Swap Kyrie with Delly and the DRtg plunges to 122. That's onto quite fair to Delly since that lineup only played 36 minutes together. Yet those 36 minutes are more than both of the lineups cited above combined. I got those numbers from here

http://www.82games.com/1415/1415CLE2.HTM

Even in the playoffs when Kyrie has been injured much of the time, his ORtg is 120, his Drtg is 104. Delly has an ORtg of 103, a DRtg of 108. Overall the team has been better on both ends of the court with Kyrie playing.

The first comparison compared a lineup that played 19 minutes to one that played 16 minutes. The other compared two lineups that played less than 10 minutes each. These aren't minutes a game, these are total minutes for the entire season.

Kyrie was our 2nd best player. We were better with him on the court than off by +9.6 ppg. We were a net 4.8 points worse with Delly on the court than off.

Our lineup of Irving-JR.Smith-James-Love-Mozgov had a DRtg of 98 in 479 minutes played. Swap Kyrie with Delly and the DRtg plunges to 122. That's onto quite fair to Delly since that lineup only played 36 minutes together. Yet those 36 minutes are more than both of the lineups cited above combined. I got those numbers from here

I guarantee the sample size from regular season play was substantially larger

Even in the playoffs when Kyrie has been injured much of the time, his ORtg is 120, his Drtg is 104. Delly has an ORtg of 103, a DRtg of 108. Overall the team has been better on both ends of the court with Kyrie playing.

There's so many different stats out there and methods and so forth, but I know Delly rates really high defensively for the playoffs at nba.com/stats

There's so many different stats out there and methods and so forth, but I know Delly rates really high defensively for the playoffs at nba.com/stats

That's bizzarre. stats.nba.com and basketball-reference both have offensive rating and defensive rating defined as points per 100 possessions. Yet their numbers for the playoffs are dramatically different.

I am actually a bit nervous with kyrie coming back at all injured or not. It seems as though lebron is playing better without kyrie. Seems as though whenever dellevedova comes in with lebron we suddenly streak away and the other team stops scoring. Seems to happen in a short space of time too.

In fact we are flogging people with our current line up.

How can he be so quick on offense and slow on d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."