• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Windhorst is right though in that he was unfairly chastised for "quitting"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windhorst is right though in that he was unfairly chastised for "quitting"

thing is, you cant judge a lebron game only by his stats, because dude always has a near triple double

that "quitting" game was horrible, plain and simple, everyone who watched it was speechless. and if i'm not mistaken, the quitting game was game 5, not game 6 where he posted a triple double.

at the time i thought he quit, but now i think he just choked (see 2011 finals)

Last edited:
thing is, you cant judge a lebron game only by his stats, because dude always has a near triple double

that "quitting" game was horrible, plain and simple, everyone who watched it was speechless. and if i'm not mistaken, the quitting game was game 5, not game 6 where he posted a triple double.

at the time i thought he quit, but now i think he just choked (see 2011 finals)
And people wonder why LeBron feels the need to push a narrative. He's been unfairly chastised for not being mentally tough and not being clutch despite every stat telling you that he is and being accused of quitting. He's been the most unfairly scrutinized player ever. As far as 2011, Spoelstra better be thanking his stars that he doesn't get ridiculed for being severely outcoached and the fact that the Mavs were going to make sure LeBron didn't get his and force his teammates to make shots which they didn't. Also Spo game planned the Finals to try and get Wade another Finals MVP and it backfired like crazy and that's when they knew that Wade needed to step back and let LeBron take over

Last edited:
The problem with LBJ is that when he loses people always say he quit or choked

It's like did Jordan always win? No

But when it comes to the King. If he loses it means he choked. It doesn't work that way for MJ for some reason

But when it comes to the King. If he loses it means he choked. It doesn't work that way for MJ for some reason

LeBron averaged 17 points in the 2011 finals. For his standards thats a choke in my book.

LeBron averaged 17 points in the 2011 finals. For his standards thats a choke in my book.
Spoelstra got severely severely outcoached in that series and Mavs game planned to shut down LeBron and force his teammates to make plays and they didn't. It's also no coincidence that after the 2011 finals that Wade publicly said he was taking a step back and letting LeBron lead the team.

I've loved the heart that LeBron has played with in the playoffs. He's really embracing that leader role on this team, and things are working out exceptionally well. I love that he's taken on the challenge of having to shoot a lot of shots with Kyrie/Love out. 37 pts, 18 rebounds, 13 assists is a BEAST MODE game!

BTW, LeBron is the ONLY player to average 28/10/8 in the playoffs. He's also the only player to average 25/9/7 in the playoffs aside from Bird

Cavs win in overtime to take a 3-0 series lead with LeBron getting a 37/18/13...

...and we're talking about the quit game from five years ago. Some people never change.

Here's my favorite LeBron stat of all time: In the 617 regular season games LeBron James has suited up for the Cavaliers they've gone 389-228, for a winning percentage of .630. In all other regular season games they've gone 1282-1743, (.434 winning percentage).

As for the playoffs? Before LeBron the Cavs were bounced in the first round from 10 of the 13 trips, winning only 4 series total and going 28-49 overall (.363 winning percentage).

With LeBron: 53-21 (.716 winning percentage) and a combined 10 series won, and that'll be 11 as soon as we finish off the Hawks.

Best player in franchise history, and it's not even close.

Cavs win in overtime to take a 3-0 series lead with LeBron getting a 37/18/13...

...and we're talking about the quit game from five years ago. Some people never change.

Windhorst brought that up. I was just saying that only because he had a triple double or a crazy statline on a elimination road game it doesn't mean he played a good game.

That performance was not in any way comparable to the one we witnessed yesterday. I don't know why he brought that shit up like it's a performance to remember.

It's because Lebron came into the league with tremendous obvious talent and (more important) the most advance hype of any player ever. The expectations were so high that unless he was not just the next Jordan, but prime, peak Jordan every year he was a choker, failure, etc. A lot of people really hated the hype and were primed to declare him overrated and a chaker any chance they got. Media types catered to that market too. I can still remember the Washington fans chanting 'overrated' at a game in DC right before he knocked them out of the playoffs for like the third year in a row :).

It's been like that for him since 10th grade. I have no idea how he's dealt psychologically with that crushing burden of expectations but somehow he has. Of course it is helpful that he actually is enormously physically talented but the mental pressure of all those expectations are not a simple thing to handle, and he has managed it.

If he really did choke in a game or two that's a small thing compared to all the ways in which he has been mature and clutch and delivered on expectations.

Yeah he choked in 2011, there's no doubt about it. But he came back stronger for it. Anyone giving him crap at this point for not being mentally tough is just full of shit. He's had more weight on his shoulders than just about anyone considering how young he was when the circus came to his town.

To me its just that I think any lover of basketball ought to be able to appreciate him on an objective level, even if they hate him as an opposing player. Its the same thing with Jordan.

Just appreciate that he's here now, doing what he's doing. I have to put the ego and legacy building aside, and just appreciate his talent.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."