• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Mad Max: Fury Road 9/10

The plot is stupidly simple, but man are there a lot of themes explored around that plot.

I've only seen the original Mad Max (and I didn't like it much), but I plan to go back and watch all three original movies again after seeing this. Even with only my limited understanding of the backstory of Max, I'm really dumbfounded by how people are acting like he is not a major player in this story. Sure, Furiosa's story is the driving force for the movie, but Max's redemption arc only makes sense because of that.

As many others have noted, the visuals are absolutely insane, but even more impressive is how fully realized this world feels with crazy amounts of details given to even the most obscure characters.

My only slight is that I thought it was a bit repetitive in the first hour, but the second hour really picks up, as strange as this is to say, as things slow down a bit and we are given more time to learn about these characters.

I hope this thing earns enough money to be deemed a financial success because this kind of film making deserves to be rewarded and it would send a message to Hollywood that we don't just want the same shit all the time. If this is all we get though, I'm glad I was able to experience George Miller's pure, unfiltered id in all its glory.

Went to see San Andreas last night, 6.5/10

Pretty solid movie, cool special effects and the girl who plays the Rock's daughter has a great rack. Also, Carla Gugino has aged beautifully.

Rewatched Scott Pilgrim tonight. I love this movie so much. It has some of the best editing of any movie I've ever seen. Just really brilliant work overall. It knows exactly what it is and everything from the writing to the directing to the editing is brilliant.

So many of my friends haven't seen it and it makes me sad.

Rewatched Scott Pilgrim tonight. I love this movie so much. It has some of the best editing of any movie I've ever seen. Just really brilliant work overall. It knows exactly what it is and everything from the writing to the directing to the editing is brilliant.

So many of my friends haven't seen it and it makes me sad.

Is it your favourite Edgar wright movie?

Mine is still Shaun of the dead. Apparently he got removed from ant man because his take was too carefree to the point of parody. I mean they brought in Adam McKay to add drama. Shame I would have love his visual style used in the changes of scale

Is it your favourite Edgar wright movie?

Mine is still Shaun of the dead. Apparently he got removed from ant man because his take was too carefree to the point of parody. I mean they brought in Adam McKay to add drama. Shame I would have love his visual style used in the changes of scale

Shaun of the Dead is amazing. Both movies have awesome editing. I just watch Scott Pilgrim and the editing stands out more than most other films. It's fucking brilliant.

Btw, here a video of Neil deGrasse Tyson about the realism of Interstellar (must watch!):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7tV7v71k-I

Nothing to do with science, but the plot of the movie itself; Tyson makes the mistake here suggesting that in the movie the wormhole was placed so that mankind could save their species on one of the planets orbiting the black hole, however, the planets were actually just an unfortunate distraction.

The wormhole was placed so that mankind could access the black hole itself, which was the only way to observe the unification of quantum gravity and general relativity (in the movie), but it was not so that humans could colonize the orbiting planets.

Nothing to do with science, but the plot of the movie itself; Tyson makes the mistake here suggesting that in the movie the wormhole was placed so that mankind could save their species on one of the planets orbiting the black hole, however, the planets were actually just an unfortunate distraction.

The wormhole was placed so that mankind could access the black hole itself, which was the only way to observe the unification of quantum gravity and general relativity (in the movie), but it was not so that humans could colonize the orbiting planets.
wut...............:chuckle:

Saw ex Machina finally give it a 7/10. Very good movie and the interplay between the cast was very good. Not what I expected, but was pleasantly surprised.

That was amazing. What's the story behind this? Independent movie or what?

"knock knock"

Who's There?

"Knuck...les..."

Project almanac: 6/10

Have you ever wondered what would happen if someone too the time travel idea and applied it to varisty blues by way of cloverfield? If you did then now you have your answer. The found footage aspect is so forced and annoying for most of the film and only pays of as part of what is a very weak ending. All of the characters are basically not developed and most were irrelevant or camera men within the scene for the various camera angles.

There was no feeling of scale and the consequences were contrived.

I was disappointed

Project almanac: 6/10

Have you ever wondered what would happen if someone too the time travel idea and applied it to varisty blues by way of cloverfield? If you did then now you have your answer. The found footage aspect is so forced and annoying for most of the film and only pays of as part of what is a very weak ending. All of the characters are basically not developed and most were irrelevant or camera men within the scene for the various camera angles.

There was no feeling of scale and the consequences were contrived.

I was disappointed

If you watch Kung Fury right now, you'll move the average between the two movies up to a 10/10

If you watch Kung Fury right now, you'll move the average between the two movies up to a 10/10

Watched it this morning amazing job right there. Should get a tv series deal on HBO

Do we think any women out there can appreciate this movie?

Bruce Jenner don't count boi.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."