• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So Long, Mo Gotti Williams

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He's made over $60 mil over his career and Mo doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would blow through his money, but he did go from playing for a winning team to signing for the most money he could get with a poopy team.

So as much as I wish he would be willing to play for the minimum at this point, I think he's going to go for the highest bidder and I don't think our taxpayer's MLE will be enough.

I also would prefer to use that MLE to get a younger player like KJ McDaniels.

I don't doubt that he wouldn't expect less to come back. He understands their cap situation.

That was a very telling Instagram picture/caption....plus the actual timing of it?

He knows they need a 2nd/3rd guard and we could definitely use more offensive firepower off the bench next year.

damn if we could get mo to come back we'd be even more stacked. and noone else in the nba deserves a ring more

Make it happen. #BringMoBack

There are a couple of guys I would prefer to check on first with the taxpayer MLE, but I would not be upset at all at giving it to Mo for 2 years with an option for tear 3. I mean, I think its safe to say he'd give us far more on the floor than Mike Miller has so far this year.

So, allowing the mind to wander and then buying into the notion that Gilbert will go all out.

Imagine this team coming back fully healthy. All our own FAs resigned and Mo Williams(taxpayerMLE), Tiago Splitter(Haywood trade), and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson/Justin Anderson with pick 24
Certainly other variations of how to use those 3 assets but that is one scenario I could live with 24/7

I don't doubt that he wouldn't expect less to come back. He understands their cap situation.

That was a very telling Instagram picture/caption....plus the actual timing of it?

He knows they need a 2nd/3rd guard and we could definitely use more offensive firepower off the bench next year.

As far as timing, his sister is in the hospital at Cleveland Clinic...

There are a couple of guys I would prefer to check on first with the taxpayer MLE, but I would not be upset at all at giving it to Mo for 2 years with an option for tear 3. I mean, I think its safe to say he'd give us far more on the floor than Mike Miller has so far this year.

So, allowing the mind to wander and then buying into the notion that Gilbert will go all out.

Imagine this team coming back fully healthy. All our own FAs resigned and Mo Williams(taxpayerMLE), Tiago Splitter(Haywood trade), and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson/Justin Anderson with pick 24
Certainly other variations of how to use those 3 assets but that is one scenario I could live with 24/7

I am finding it hard to believe we use Haywood to take on more salary. The tax bill will be crazy. I am thinking it is more realistic to use it to bring in a couple 2nds or a late 1st.

You could find a way to give Mo 10-15mpg when everyone's healthy and could certainly get 25-30 out of him when Kyrie is inevitably injured.

Loved Mo and still do.

I am finding it hard to believe we use Haywood to take on more salary. The tax bill will be crazy. I am thinking it is more realistic to use it to bring in a couple 2nds or a late 1st.
If we are given picks for Haywood's contract, it is because we took back some salary. Haywood's contract only has value to alleviate some salary from other teams. If we use it, we have to take on salary.

As far as timing, his sister is in the hospital at Cleveland Clinic...

I think I did a poor job of explaining.

Yes his sister is at the hospital but he goes out of his way to visit his old home. Gets out the car and takes a picture in front of it. Posts the picture on social media while the Cavs are one victory away from the Finals with hashtags letting the world know that Cleveland is his favorite city.

That's no coincidence.

Mo would be great to have right now and could definitely contribute much more than some of the end of the bench guys. I really wanted the Cavs to go after him at the trade deadline.

I really, really hope they seriously consider bringing him back. He loves Cleveland and Cleveland loves him.

Wow, you guys would actually want Mo Williams back? I think he's one of the worst NBA players I have ever seen, and I was disappointed when he got injured in the Spurs-Blazers series last year since he's such an awful point guard with no court awareness. I wouldn't want Mo on a minimum contract, and I doubt LeBron would want him back either. I always found it really frustrating watching Cavs games and seeing him shoot ridiculous 20 footers after dribbling for a few seconds instead of actually running an offense. Good luck tonight and in the rest of the playoffs, I'm rooting for you guys to win it all, but God I hope you guys never sign him unless he starts looking to come to San Antonio. Then I'd be happy for you all to steal him from us.

Wow, you guys would actually want Mo Williams back? I think he's one of the worst NBA players I have ever seen, and I was disappointed when he got injured in the Spurs-Blazers series last year since he's such an awful point guard with no court awareness. I wouldn't want Mo on a minimum contract, and I doubt LeBron would want him back either. I always found it really frustrating watching Cavs games and seeing him shoot ridiculous 20 footers after dribbling for a few seconds instead of actually running an offense. Good luck tonight and in the rest of the playoffs, I'm rooting for you guys to win it all, but God I hope you guys never sign him unless he starts looking to come to San Antonio. Then I'd be happy for you all to steal him from us.

Lol.. worst player you've ever seen? I appreciate the fact that you're rooting for us, but that's a pretty rough assessment of Mo Williams.

He scored 52 points in a game this year.

Yea, he's definitely one of the worst players in the league.

Apparently you've only watched the Spurs, because the Cavs alone have had plenty of players far far worse than Mo Williams.

I mean damn. You come across as a hater.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."