• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Matthew Dellavedova

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Should I be upset that the Cavs have been silent? After LBJ made his comments after the game, you have media and the Hawks continuing to blast Delly. I was hoping the Cavs would have fought to get the Tech removed from Delly because it was insane. Does it matter that he was given a tech? Not really, but one way for the Cavs to defend Delly is to fight and bring up the fact that Delly was given a tech for nothing. That tech is basically giving these idiots more ammo to say he did something wrong during that play.

Should I be upset that the Cavs have been silent? After LBJ made his comments after the game, you have media and the Hawks continuing to blast Delly. I was hoping the Cavs would have fought to get the Tech removed from Delly because it was insane. Does it matter that he was given a tech? Not really, but one way for the Cavs to defend Delly is to fight and bring up the fact that Delly was given a tech for nothing. That tech is basically giving these idiots more ammo to say he did something wrong during that play.

Just as Lebron said, it tells me the Hawks are focused on the wrong things. They won't be ready for game 4 because they're bitching about Delly the whole time. The Cavs leader said all that needs to be said. Now it's time to take care of the matter at hand.

There's a poll on cleveland.com about whether Delly should play differently. Here is the poll. I invite you to answer it with: No. Shut your whore mouth.

The Hawks could be shooting themselves in the foot with all this talk. They are just drawing attention to their screens, box outs, and fouls on Delly.

I guess it all depends on whether the refs want to turn this into Game 4 of the C's series or not.

Opposing fans and media are labeling Dellavedova a dirty player after the Horford incident. I just wanted to share a diagram I threw together and my thoughts after watching the play multiple times:

Horford_Dellavedova.png

At this point in the sequence, Horford isn't trying to move away from Dellavedova. They're side by side, with Horford holding his arm pulling him along for a ride as he steps to his left. Unfortunately, Carroll is right in Dellavedova's path, tripping him. When he begins to fall backwards, there is no space between he and Horford, which is why he ended up grazing Horford's right shin with his left armpit. This would mark the first time in human history where a player tried to take out someone's legs with their armpit. And why wasn't there any space between he and Horford? Well, look again at where Horford's left hand is positioned.

Horford's drag down was cheap but not especially "dirty" like an elbow from Mutumbo or Malone. That's usually how the word dirty is used in sports. Based by his elbow afterward (which was dirty), I don't believe it was his intention to drag Dellavedova across Carroll or that he was even aware it happened. It appeared that he was retaliating over what he believed was an attack on his legs. To me, that's the most logical explanation.

I don't care what the Hawks say about Delly. Playoff series are bound to get nasty, and the Hawks have taken that to campaigning against him in the media. Oh well.

It's a great sign that LBJ came out and spoke up for Delly. That's all that was needed in this situation. Well-handled by the Cavs in my opinion.

To me, this is mission accomplished for Delly. While he has been thrust into a starter's role, his real purpose is to be a scrappy bench player that gets under the other team's skin and detracts their focus. He's done just that in addition to being able to step up and fill in with great play.

The Hawks are done. From Millsap, "...We feel like we can do something special, whether this year, next year, whatever..."

Already thinking about next year! I know that the rest of the quote said some other stuff about the series not being over, but the fact that one of your best players mentions "next year" even as an option of sorts this deep in the playoffs tells you that psychologically the Hawks (or at the least, some of their important pieces) are prepared to accept their failure.

In my mind, that's in no small part due to the play of Delly.

The media buzz has shifted away from Lebron somewhat because of Delly trey.

Because everyone is trying to 'get Delly' Lebron may be less likely to be double teamed against Atlanta in game 4 and maybe Golden state will over-commit their resources to Dtrey somewhat to nullify his play and to unsettle him We know though if that happens Lebron can take over.

We all know he did nothing wrong and therefore we can move forward with a clear mind set.

I think this controversy is playing into Clevelands hands. Dtrey will have got into the heads of not only Atlanta but probably Golden state due to the media circus surrounding this man Dtrey.

The Television ratings for this series has been Remarkable......great finals series with a little bit of everything so far which has sparked emotive feelings of happiness, anger, frustration, heart palpitations and everything in between.

Opposing fans and media are labeling Dellavedova a dirty player after the Horford incident. I just wanted to share a diagram I threw together and my thoughts after watching the play multiple times:

Horford_Dellavedova.png

At this point in the sequence, Horford isn't trying to move away from Dellavedova. They're side by side, with Horford holding his arm pulling him along for a ride as he steps to his left. Unfortunately, Carroll is right in Dellavedova's path, tripping him. When he begins to fall backwards, there is no space between he and Horford, which is why he ended up grazing Horford's right shin with his left armpit. This would mark the first time in human history where a player tried to take out someone's legs with their armpit. And why wasn't there any space between he and Horford? Well, look again at where Horford's left hand is positioned.

Horford's drag down was cheap but not especially "dirty" like an elbow from Mutumbo or Malone. That's usually how the word dirty is used in sports. Based by his elbow afterward (which was dirty), I don't believe it was his intention to drag Dellavedova across Carroll or that he was even aware it happened. It appeared that he was retaliating over what he believed was an attack on his legs. To me, that's the most logical explanation.

You can add one thing.

If you look at the angle that the media has shown most often (180 degrees opposite to the one you're showing) you'll see that as Horford was trying to drag Delly away from the loose ball (and yes, despite what Horford might say, that's EXACTLY what he was doing... look at where Horford is looking as he's dragging Delly), Delly's foot hits the side of Carroll's foot, which is what caused Delly to initially lose his balance/footing and allowed Horford to pull him over Carroll. It's at the 26/27 second mark and again at 36 second mark of this video:

[media]]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss[/media]

Hawks announcer on 92.3 this morning and putting some blame on the ejection because the Q kept showing the replay so it influenced the refs. Dont they watch the monitors many times anyways? lame excuse in my opinion

Last edited:
Delly getting a TF for being dragged down into the knee of an opponent reminded me of the Eddie Murphy line from Beverley Hills Cop
"You are charging me with disturbing the peace for being thrown out of a window ? What is the charge for being run over by a a car, jaywalking ?

About that play that hasnt been mentioned yet i think, horford dragging delly onto carroll, isnt that in itself a recipe for an injury? Delly could have turned an ankle or hurt carroll himself. It looks like delly did step on carrolls foot.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."