• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Season repentance and forgiveness – The Truth and Reconciliation Commission

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I was wrong in thinking that Delly would be useless in the playoffs so there's that.

I was right about Love, he was not essential for this team to be a title contender. We by no means had to make that trade.

My rationale of there only being so many shots in a game and a need for defense was dead on. Although I had no idea that the shooters/defenders we'd add be Shumpert and JR I still was right in principle.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Untitled%202.png

Over half the forum once thought Kevin Love was a top 5 NBA player so according to this thread they should admit to being wrong.

Not starting a Love debate, assuming we can't trade him for LMA or a top 3 NBA draft pick, I want him to stay a Cavalier and for him to fit seamlessly with his teammates.

Last edited:
I Thought Delly was worthless and now he has become one of my favorite players. Also rocked a "Trade Tristan Thompson" sig here for a few months.

I thought Dion was going to LBJ's Wade at the beginning of the season and Kyrie was going to be the third wheel. One of my all-time stupid takes.

I don't think past criticism of or even some present criticisms of Blatt were/are necessarily wrong, or that the Blatt Brigade was necessarily right.

I think things worked out for everyone, though.

I seem to remember you being very critical of Jr when the trade was made, so I suppose that's something to repent for ;)

I absolutely was completely fucking wrong about Jr, I never thought he would be this important to us, and I NEVER thought he would become such a massive fan favorite.

Thank you based JR.

I have nothing to repent, I was right about absolutely everything and my predictions were spot on. :celb (7):

#InternetProphet?

I wasn't a fan of Lebron until these finals, but changed my mind based on the way he has supported his team mates, particularly Delly.

Wait... what?

Dude, this is a Cavs forum not a Blatt forum, we've got a Blatt thread already. Nobody gives two shits about your idol worship man.

I like Blatt because he's the coach of the Cavaliers; if that changes then so be it. But frankly, some of you guys are getting intolerable with this shit.

Jeez, he's joking for fuck's sake!

"He knows that you have to laugh at the things that hurt you just to keep yourself in balance, just to keep the world from running you plumb crazy." K. Kesey

Jeez, he's joking for fuck's sake!

"He knows that you have to laugh at the things that hurt you just to keep yourself in balance, just to keep the world from running you plumb crazy." K. Kesey

Yawn.....

Let's make 100 Blatt threads, because one hundred shitty threads are better than just 1 (or now 2).

But hey, you guys knock yourselves out... I'm out....

I remember when I made a thread Inviting people to post and marked disagree to one of the first people who did. I repent for that it was in bad taste.
Ultimately though opinions are what they are and often spur discussion. I would take back a single post on the dion thread or any of my past criticism of kyrie. I also had doubts about the love acquisition but once he was here was willing to give him a fair shake.
I also was very staunch about keeping AV in the lineup and his injury that many predicted was still critical in allowing use to acquire Mozgov, Jr and Shump. I also was not a big fan of shump at all as a knick and was often dismissive of his talent.

Love has been misused.
Kyrie is not yet a true point guard.
Lebron is still arrogant beyond belief
Blatt still tried to call a timeout that would of lost a critical game.
The team as a whole was not responsive to Blatts coaching right away/
Cavs did need to get another big man and Dion did need to be traded (although at a much better value than any of the past offfers)
Blatt does having the 2 time nba champion and best player in the world on his roster.

I dont think people on either sides of these issues should be repentant or ask for forgiveness. typically their view point and concerns had merit in some form another except for blue kahuna (just kidding spence)

Heck most of the anti Delly stuff we saw was more out of disappointment than "hating"

In my ecstasy at dumping Dion Waiters, I never could have imagined that JR and Shump would turn out the way they did.

When healthy, we have the best top 9 in the world: Kyrie, Shump, LeBron, Love, Moz, TT, AV, Smith, and Delly. Even as banged up as we are, our top 7 should scare anyone.

Every player on this team would run through a goddamn brick wall to bring this thing home, and I repent for not realizing immediately that JR and Shump would be integral cogs in this scary-ass machine.

-repent for thinking Mike Miller would look like Memphis Mike Miller

-repent for thinking we'd have a historic offense this year. though i think we will next year, not necessarily pace wise, but efficiency.

-repent for being an almost always optimist. so while I've always felt we'd end up in the finals, some/much of that may have been based more on my optimism vs. where it seemed like we were statistically in the season at the time. but once we had about two weeks with the full new roster intact(late Jan), I was certain we were Finals bound. Earlier in the year I wasn't certain but I did always account for 1st year team with new coach almost ALWAYS has large speed bumps before settling in.

I supported Dion while he was here hoping Lebron would rub off on him in the right ways while always knowing he was far from a good fit. I was ecstatic at the value Griffin ended up getting when it was all said and done. I always had a strong feeling that moves would be made to improve the team and we all knew what kinds of moves needed to be made. I never dreamed that Griffin could execute the trades he did so perfectly for players who fit so well. Griffin surpassed my expectations by a mile.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."