• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tom Thibodeau has been fired

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Wow that was the most passive aggressive thing I have read in a long time. Some of the bulls fans should chip together and get a load of sour grapes and axe to grind and a saucer of milk for their front office.

Thibs did a pretty good job with what was a half healthy roster. It will be interesting to see how they change as a team, they have the potential to be del negro bulls bad if not careful

Wish I knew what Reinsdorf was referring to...

Wait, so he wasn't worth a first rounder in compensation like Bulls Real Gm insisted?

You're trying to tell me there aren't teams out there willing to give you a first to have someone turn their rookies into old men by 30?

Wait, so he wasn't worth a first rounder in compensation like Bulls Real Gm insisted?

You're trying to tell me there aren't teams out there willing to give you a first to have someone turn their rookies into old men by 30?

I don't like this narrative by some Cavs fans because it's baseless. This is NBA, make no mistake, players went through the wall FOR him. His development of Rose, Butler, Noah, Asik, Gibson was nothing to sneeze at....

The eastern semifinals blunder really did him in. How could you lose to a really banged up team while this was basically your year to beat LeBron?

I don't like this narrative by some Cavs fans because it's baseless. This is NBA, make no mistake, players went through the wall FOR him. His development of Rose, Butler, Noah, Asik, Gibson was nothing to sneeze at....

I disagree, but I'm not the type to hit that stupid disagree button unless it's some troll of another team.

He's not all bad. They went through the wall for him, but then seem to hit it face first imo. I'm a big minutes restriction guy in the regular season. Probably 20 of my posts this year were about getting Lebron out once they game was in hand.

That's just my personal belief. I think it will bear out with all these guys who came out of HS or only played a year or two of college ball. To see Duncan and their other aging stars stay sharp to almost 40 is a testament to the Spurs who cares about the regular season way of thinking imo. I think a Thibs coached Duncan retires 5 years ago.

I think they'll all mostly be done by early 30s. I think minutes are like miles on an odometer, and all those Bulls regular season wins and minutes won them what? Not anything important in my book. I don't blame him for Rose's issues at all, but Deng was basically shot at 30. I think Noah is irretrievably broken at 30. Time will tell a fuller story, but if I'm the Pelicans with Davis, I want no part of him ruining my guy. I think the bigger the guy, the more mileage likely hurts.

If the Cavs didn't need to sell tickets, I'd sit Lebron the first 35 games and come in the 6th seed. I think it rarely matters. I think the Pats caught a break with an aging Brady sitting the first 4 games on suspension. I view the regular season as just get in. The superstars emerge. It didn't do the Hawks a bit of good to have homecourt. Lebron is a road warrior in the playoffs. I want extra years, not 5 extra minutes a night, and Thibs is the worst at that.

I disagree, but I'm not the type to hit that stupid disagree button unless it's some troll of another team.

He's not all bad. They went through the wall for him, but then seem to hit it face first imo. I'm a big minutes restriction guy in the regular season. Probably 20 of my posts this year were about getting Lebron out once they game was in hand.

That's just my personal belief. I think it will bear out with all these guys who came out of HS or only played a year or two of college ball. To see Duncan and their other aging stars stay sharp to almost 40 is a testament to the Spurs who cares about the regular season way of thinking imo. I think a Thibs coached Duncan retires 5 years ago.

I think they'll all mostly be done by early 30s. I think minutes are like miles on an odometer, and all those Bulls regular season wins and minutes won them what? Not anything important in my book. I don't blame him for Rose's issues at all, but Deng was basically shot at 30. I think Noah is irretrievably broken at 30. Time will tell a fuller story, but if I'm the Pelicans with Davis, I want no part of him ruining my guy. I think the bigger the guy, the more mileage likely hurts.

If the Cavs didn't need to sell tickets, I'd sit Lebron the first 35 games and come in the 6th seed. I think it rarely matters. I think the Pats caught a break with an aging Brady sitting the first 4 games on suspension. I view the regular season as just get in. The superstars emerge. It didn't do the Hawks a bit of good to have homecourt. Lebron is a road warrior in the playoffs. I want extra years, not 5 extra minutes a night, and Thibs is the worst at that.

Well, I guess I just disagree with the premise that he ran Deng and Noah into the ground. I think Deng wore himself out. Even dating back to his Duke days, his work ethic was legendary. Add in all of the travel and charitable work he does in Africa plus his scary illness, I think those are big factors in his decline. I'll reserve judgement on Noah, who was hurt all year. Such an unusually sharp decline coming off his best season as a pro last year. I don't disagree Thibs played the shit out of those guys, mostly out of necessity, but their own playing style needs to be taken into account too. Those are two hard-nosed guys....

It didn't help Thibs that Rose and Butler were fighting during the Cavs series.....

Really good coach, glad he's out of our division and likely conference.

But...

-He made the ECF once? in 5 years. Granted, he dealt with a lot of injuries
-Pretty average offensive coach, refuses to make adjustments
-Going off the previous bullet, he's extremely stubborn. The Bulls management is obviously not easy to work with, but I have no doubt Thibs isn't either
-And as it's been said before, he runs his guys into the ground

Thibs is a proven defensive mastermind. If only his offensive schemes were even half as good, he'd be a real special coach.

Woj's column was interesting. Forman apparently wanted to hire Mike Brown instead of Thibodeau. Either he or Lawrence Frank.

Really good coach, glad he's out of our division and likely conference.

But...

-He made the ECF once? in 5 years. Granted, he dealt with a lot of injuries
-Pretty average offensive coach, refuses to make adjustments
-Going off the previous bullet, he's extremely stubborn. The Bulls management is obviously not easy to work with, but I have no doubt Thibs isn't either
-And as it's been said before, he runs his guys into the ground

He had a healthy Derrick Rose once... in 5 years.

Fact is, the Bulls FO might go down in sports history as the worst of all time. The idiots who broke up an all-time dynasty continue to do harmful things to that franchise. That press conference was laughable, and blaming Thibs is the easy way out. They're cowards and they're bad at what they do.

Again, no complaints here, really glad he's out of the Central. Bet LeBron is too. Good luck with a lesser coach, that aging frontcourt, Jimmy Butler carrying the load, and 60% of Derrick Rose. The Bulls days of 50 wins and taking the playoffs for granted are over.

I dunno man, I get finding spots to rest guys and all that, and blaming Thibs for playing his best too often is one thing, but claiming he shortened his players careers just seems lazy and irresponsible to me. It's a huge stretch and it's what the Bulls bumbling front office wants you to believe.

Thibs' winning % tells the real story, with Rose playing less than half the games since he's been the coach I'd say he's done a remarkable job. The development of Jimmy Butler, getting quality play out of guys like Dunleavy and Gibson who really arent anything special. The Bulls have a solid team, but expecting the Finals this year is a bit much, even as down as the East was this year.

The Pelicans with Thibs will eventually lead the NBA in defense with Davis as the anchor, take that to the bank, and you put a few shooters and a legit PG around him on the offensive end? Nightmare.

He had a healthy Derrick Rose once... in 5 years.

Fact is, the Bulls FO might go down in sports history as the worst of all time. The idiots who broke up an all-time dynasty continue to do harmful things to that franchise. That press conference was laughable, and blaming Thibs is the easy way out. They're cowards and they're bad at what they do.

Again, no complaints here, really glad he's out of the Central. Bet LeBron is too. Good luck with a lesser coach, that aging frontcourt, Jimmy Butler carrying the load, and 60% of Derrick Rose. The Bulls days of 50 wins and taking the playoffs for granted are over.

True, although I'd say Rose looked pretty good this offseason and as healthy as he'll ever be.

Looking at Thib's other four playoff appearances:

-2 of them they ran into LeBron in the 2nd round, so I'll let that slide; they weren't really expected to win those series. Although this year it was there for the taking with our injuries.
-2 ugly first round losses: In 2012 the 8th seed 76ers bounced them and in 2014 the Wizards smacked them home in 5.

If I were a Pelicans fan, I would definitely want Thibs. However, in the back of my mind I would have concerns with the baggage that comes with him and how in his tenure with the Bulls, always came up short in the playoffs

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."