• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Free Agency (Cavs Centric)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
jared dudley sounds like he'd want to come here

had a good season this year

jared dudley sounds like he'd want to come here

had a good season this year
Dudley and Zaza for the Haywood contract is a realistic, decent return. Dudley and Zaza are perfect bench guys that give you 12 minutes a game.

Can we get multiple players back for the Haywood contract? I thought there was a restriction on that.

No one likes Gerald Green on a Cavs uniform?

Not sure where to put this.. but a Golden State with Curry, Thompson, and [healthy] Durant would be devastating to the Western Conference:
According to one seemingly locked-in member of the extended Golden State Warriors family, the W’s will most definitely be one of those teams. And they may even have the means to make it happen. Via Pro Basketball Talk and Warriors World, here’s Golden State guard Klay Thompson’s father Mychal Thompson digging in a bit:

“I also heard it on good authority from a team that plays in the Bay Area that they’re going to go hard after Kevin Durant.”

I could also envision Durant being tempted by it too. He'd be leaving a good young team but going to another good young team with an arguably better point guard than Westbrook.

Not sure where to put this.. but a Golden State with Curry, Thompson, and [healthy] Durant would be devastating to the Western Conference:

I could also envision Durant being tempted by it too. He'd be leaving a good young team but going to another good young team with an arguably better point guard than Westbrook.
You should go look up what Mychal Thompson was saying about Kyrie's future before this year.

Dudley and Zaza for the Haywood contract is a realistic, decent return. Dudley and Zaza are perfect bench guys that give you 12 minutes a game.

Can we get multiple players back for the Haywood contract? I thought there was a restriction on that.

Dudley has a player option for the coming year. If he opts in, I can't see why Milwaukee would unload him and his reasonable ($4.2M) salary and Pachulia, who is on an expiring contract. They are both rotation players and Milwaukee was a playoff team, after all.

If Dudley opts out, I thought he might be a possible free agent target via the taxpayers MLE, especially in view of his recent positive comments on the Cavs' franchise and LeBron. But in terms of what he brings to the table, it's too much like James Jones, so he wouldn't be a high priority of mine.

Yes, the Cavs can bring back multiple players via a Haywood trade.

Dudley has a player option for the coming year. If he opts in, I can't see why Milwaukee would unload him and his reasonable ($4.2M) salary and Pachulia, who is on an expiring contract. They are both rotation players and Milwaukee was a playoff team, after all.

If Dudley opts out, I thought he might be a possible free agent target via the taxpayers MLE, especially in view of his recent positive comments on the Cavs' franchise and LeBron. But in terms of what he brings to the table, it's too much like James Jones, so he wouldn't be a high priority of mine.

Yes, the Cavs can bring back multiple players via a Haywood trade.

It's fine to say Dudley and Zaza were "rotation players" on a playoff team, but it is not an indication of their worth. Dudley played 24 minutes during the season (got a boost in minutes after Jabari went down), he got to about 18 minutes in the playoffs. Milwaukee is in an youth movement. Zaza started, but Henson played more minutes and more meaningful minutes.

Dudley is a plus defender. James Jones is not.

The reason I think it is viable is because Milwaukee is cheap and makes deals based on savings.

I know he was just extended, but i like to get my hands on Rudy Gay. This series has exploited probably 1 of the weakness we had which is the lack of versatile player/ballhandler/swiss knife type of guy on the offensive end. I know we have bron which is probably the culmination of all of those attributes but i would like having 1 more guy in the perimeter who could do that.

I think we need to chill.

Kyrie and Love allow the team to not be so one dimensional regardless of what lineups need to be played.

I think we need to chill.

Kyrie and Love allow the team to not be so one dimensional regardless of what lineups need to be played.

I agree with you on this however as this post season showed us, it doesn't hurt to have an extra playmaker/ someone who could run the offense aside from kyrie and lebron. Love, for all his offensive versatility, will still need someone from the perimeter to set him up on the post or in the pnr plays.

4 things need to be done this off season for the cavs.

-Bring back the core, obviously.

-Cut the fat from the team. Whoever suggested to keep perk... why? I am glad Marion is done, and maybe LeBron can talk to his buddy Mike Miller to retire, because he pretty much is washed up. Maybe the Cavs can give him a position on the staff :conf (11):. There is no reason to have that many guys on the bench who are that worthless on the court. I understand the vet leadership, but this team now has a finals experience under their belt. I do not see how old ass vets can help this team win a title with their experience and leadership at this point.

-Find a backup to provide decent minutes for LeBron

-Find a backup to provide decent minutes for Kyrie

I'd love to keep our core group and add in to the following:

Irving – Mo Williams - Dellavedova (love delly still, but better as a 3rd)

Shumpert – JR Smith - Harris (develop him abit)

Lebron - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (or some other rookie who we can give good minutes to)

Love – Thompson

Mozgov – Varejao

[Haywood contract still in play], 3 roster spots left after the above, not sure what else.
1 probably has to be a defensive big man, since Varejao is so unreliable.

we definitely need to find a decent backup for LBJ though, we can't run him into the ground, and as he said, he would like to get less minutes to prolong his career/save himself for postseason

I'd love to keep our core group and add in to the following:

Irving – Mo Williams - Dellavedova (love delly still, but better as a 3rd)

Shumpert – JR Smith - Harris (develop him abit)

Lebron - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (or some other rookie who we can give good minutes to)

Love – Thompson

Mozgov – Varejao

[Haywood contract still in play], 3 roster spots left after the above, not sure what else.
1 probably has to be a defensive big man, since Varejao is so unreliable.
No thanks on Mo. He is as much as a mental midget in big games as JR was this finals.

No thanks on Mo. He is as much as a mental midget in big games as JR was this finals.

yeah, i dont mind him as much, but i rather find a veteran PG that can shoot. need to keep floor spacing a priority, especially with LBJ having a slump.

another reason why i don't like the wade with cavs, he can't shoot 3's.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."