• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Klay Thompson suffers concussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Better not comment anything about this issue at all. Damn if you do kind of thing. You want Klay to look out for his health in long term, you want the Cavs to have an easy Finals. You want Klay to play immediately, you're an asshole wanting to play a 4v5 game and perhaps him being injured by Dellavediver.

4u87ih.png
[/IMG]
4u87ih.png

He'll play. He could never live with himself missing the Finals.

For his sake, hopefully it's not a more serious thing where he and the GS medical staff are forcing the issue.

It's not up to Klay whether or not he plays. I have no idea how bad it is, its hard to even predict, but football players have missed months due to concussions (I know its probably not that bad given the violent nature of football is more intense).

Kyrie I believe missed a week from one. It's not out of reason to think he might not be cleared to play in game 1.

I hope he is, I don't wish this on anyone, but its hard to predict.

Last edited:
on this subject specifically or just in general?

edit to add....

nevermind, my questions been answered
I listening to some of his so-called higher intellect..but it was funny when he said someone scolded him at a press conference or something..apparently he annoyed a beat writer or someone.
But all his talk about who Irving can't hide from , who he can't guard was annoying ..dude is always trying to sound like he's was more smarter than anyone else.

Just like playoff reffing, I expect the league not to make the call which will lead to much worse events. Smith/Crowder level.

Regarding Klay Thompson, could someone please write out a response for me that might be okay to write about this? Not sure how I should respond.

I will say this though; it's shitty that not much is being said in sports media about how all of this came about. The fact the Warriors allowed him to go back into the game after blood came squirting out his ear is beyond the pale of comprehension for me.

Regarding Klay Thompson, could someone please write out a response for me that might be okay to write about this? Not sure how I should respond.

I will say this though; it's shitty that not much is being said in sports media about how all of this came about. The fact the Warriors allowed him to go back into the game after blood came squirting out his ear is beyond the pale of comprehension for me.

I think it isn't being as commented about is because he was just on the bench. But the fact that he was even on the bench with a possibility of going into the game is insane.

It's not up to Klay whether or not he plays. I have no idea how bad it is, its hard to even predict, but football players have missed months due to concessions (I know its probably not that bad given the violent nature of football is more intense).

Football players are so fat they miss games due to popcorn, sodas, and candies? :chuckle:

Football players are so fat they miss games due to popcorn, sodas, and candies? :chuckle:

haha, funny, my internet was going in and out the entire day. So my typos are probably all over the place on here.

I think it isn't being as commented about is because he was just on the bench. But the fact that he was even on the bench with a possibility of going into the game is insane.

He was checking in the game after the initial trip to the locker room, then blood started coming out of his ear. He's trying to check in here

CGECK_bVEAAQgso.png

Even if he can manage to play in game 1 he would have had nearly zero practice time heading up to the finals. His shooting game and preparation will be way off for the series. I bet he still isn't even doing any form of exercise while he recovers from the concussion.

Even if he can manage to play in game 1 he would have had nearly zero practice time heading up to the finals. His shooting game and preparation will be way off for the series. I bet he still isn't even doing any form of exercise while he recovers from the concussion.
This.

The NBA has to approve him for basketball practice before he can even think about getting back on the court. No one knows how long it will take. The tests he has to pass will determine how long. Heck, it could the actual day of the game. So yes indeed, even getting cleared to play game 1 only means he's cleared to play in game 1.

This dude is out at least 3 games and possibly the series. That hit was no joke and he was bleeding from inside his ear.

My daughter had basketball concussion this past season. She was immediately taken out of the game and checked by the trainer. She had an immediate nose bleed (she was hit hard right above the nose as she was getting a rebound). Trainer let her back in the game and she played the last three minutes or so.

She developed dizziness and headaches that night... And then during the next day's practice they pulled her off the floor immediately and she had to go through the Ohio High School concussion protocol. After being checked they wouldnt even allow her to go to school for three or four days... She couldnt concentrate, light sensitivity, headaches and dizziness. She wasnt allowed to watch TV, look at her phone, etc as it triggered the effects.

My observations on the entire incident:
- i was shocked at the stringency of the concussion protocol at the High school level. They took it VERY seriously. Compared to back in my day. She couldnt take any next step without being first checked by a cleveland clinic doc. I imagine the NBA has a similar or even more comprehensive process.
- i sat through the doctors appointments and saw the evaluations. After a Cat scan, Most of the symptoms are self reported. ("On a level of 1-10, how bad are your headaches?" Etc) Granted, Im no doctor, but it would seem easy to me for Klay to get back on the floor quicker by simply downplaying his symptoms.
- my daughter struggled through the first two or three games back with fatigue and slight disorientation and headaches... But she said it was manageable and fading but just wanted to play. I saw my daughters hit and Klays hit, klays appeared to be much worse. I was actually shocked the my daughter had a concussion as it looked like any other normal basketball contact... But everyone reacts and heals differently.

Concussions affect everyone differently. As someone who has had a couple playing football I can tell you from my experience is there was one that took me a couple weeks to get back from and there was another that I was good to go in a few days. With that being said, bleeding from your ears is no joke and to be honest would freak me out if I was Klay.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."