• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dwyane Wade Safari

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I don't even think Miami values draft picks that much. They don't think about rebuilding, just re-stocking.

I don't think they'd willingly want Wade going to a rival in Chicago, that would make them better.

Because Miami always has the mindset of re-tooling to compete for titles, instead of rebuilding.

If Wade does leave, then they're entire process will be aiming for Durant and other top notch superstars to compete.

I don't think Wade is seriously leaving though. I think he's just tired of shoveling shit for Riley, and wants to finally be compensated. I think Riley caves.

The Heat still benefit too much having Wade there, then losing him, even if he's not the player he once was. It's still pretty hard to replace his production.
I get all that, but who's going to trade a superstar for Wade? Nobody is. So, you could:

a) Trade him for picks, suck next season (getting a top pick from their own pick), then go into 2016 with enough cap to sign a max player in what will be a loaded FA class.

or

b) Just let him walk for nothing, and still suck.

If Wade does not play on the Heat next season, they will suck. Unless there's some superstar you think they could sign this Summer.

Getting draft picks doesn't help the Heat? Some of the picks we got from signing & trading LeBron to the Heat 5 years ago we used to get Kevin Love...

Why would Chicago give up picks? Um, to get Dwayne Wade...

Noah is only in the deal because he has a large expiring contract that can closely match Wade's salary. Chicago would probably have to include another player with a not-so-large salary to make it work.

The Heat could trade Wade for draft picks, or lose him for nothing if his main priority is getting a max contract and he's willing to leave to ensure getting one. Or if he just wants to play elsewhere period.

If money is what Wade is after, and Chicago is willing to give him the money, why would they give up picks to the Heat? They'll just wait for Wade to expire and sign him outright. Also, as the guy above said, Miami Heat don't care about picks, they never have.

I could see him going to Clippers, Lakers, or Knicks. And Chicago obviously. Basically all the big market teams. Clips because of Cp3 and Knicks because of Melo. Chicago is his hometown and probably the fewest pieces from seriously challenging us in the playoffs.

Oh, and Lakers because they would probably be more than willing to pay whatever.

If money is what Wade is after, and Chicago is willing to give him the money, why would they give up picks to the Heat? They'll just wait for Wade to expire and sign him outright. Also, as the guy above said, Miami Heat don't care about picks, they never have.
The can't sign him outright because they don't have the cap space to do so...

This really isn't that difficult of a concept.

I get all that, but who's going to trade a superstar for Wade? Nobody is. So, you could:

a) Trade him for picks, suck next season (getting a top pick from their own pick), then go into 2016 with enough cap to sign a max player in what will be a loaded FA class.

or

b) Just let him walk for nothing, and still suck.

If Wade does not play on the Heat next season, they will suck. Unless there's some superstar you think they could sign this Summer.

They'd be better just paying Wade the money he wants, which is what they'll end up doing, unless Riley has just lost his mind.

Right now, this is just two sides trying to get the other to bend first.

I doubt the Heat are seriously willing to let him walk, given they have no serious reason to let that happen.

I don't really have serious doubts he's leaving Miami. If Wade wanted out, it would have happen last summer when LeBron bolted.

He's just tired of sacrificing so much without any rewards.

I could see him going to Clippers, Lakers, or Knicks. And Chicago obviously. Basically all the big market teams. Clips because of Cp3 and Knicks because of Melo. Chicago is his hometown and probably the fewest pieces from seriously challenging us in the playoffs.

Oh, and Lakers because they would probably be more than willing to pay whatever.

I'd love to watch Melo and Wade suck together as they waste away the tail end of their primes in New York.

They'd be better just paying Wade the money he wants, which is what they'll end up doing, unless Riley has just lost his mind.

Right now, this is just two sides trying to get the other to bend first.

I doubt the Heat are seriously willing to let him walk, given they have no serious reason to let that happen.

I don't really have serious doubts he's leaving Miami. If Wade wanted out, it would have happen last summer when LeBron bolted.

He's just tired of sacrificing so much without any rewards.
Oh I totally agree. I was speaking hypothetically. As in, if Wade were to say: "Trade me to Chicago, or I will sign with New York."

Miami has to give Wade the max It just doesn't seem right not too. And hopefully they'll end up like the Lakers and Riley fades away like the turd that he is.

Unless he models his game after Dion Waiters I just don't see this happening.

Ok before you guys start posting ridiculous teams

The only teams he would join are teams he hasn't faced in the postseason

He and LBJ are too much competitors for that

So eliminate your Bulls Knicks celtics

what about the Pelicans? I know absolutely nothing about their cap situation or wether or not it would be enticing to him but you'd imagine that he knows he is on the downside of his career and latching on to Davis' coattails might be appealing to him.

Apparently Stephen A. Smith said Cleveland is on the list for Wade....?
He's been right multiple times before....
Link: http://cavsnation.com/will-miamis-contract-situation-push-dwyane-wade-to-cleveland/

“He will [go elsewhere]. No no, he will,” said Smith. “I’ve known d-wade for over a decade. I am telling you: He will leave.

“I don’t know if it will be Cleveland. Cleveland is on the list and LeBron would want him in Cleveland. Its possible. But again, if you’re not gonna get the money anyway, what difference does it make.”
I don't like DWade, but if the face of the Heat takes a 10mil paycut to leave Miami and come to Cleveland, the media freakout would be worth it.

I would take him just for the huge fuck you it would send to Riley and Miami. He's also still a really good player. Rest him frequently during the regular season and unleash him in the playoffs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."