• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Batman is a disaster on PC. Steam stopped selling the game because so many people were utilizing their new return policy. Even third party green man gaming will allow refunds if the numerous issues aren't fixed in this next patch.

Arkham city had some minor dx 11 issues in launch, but nothing of this magnitude. What a massive disappointment; I thought for sure this would be an upper echelon game to go along with such an amazing lineup of releases this year.

I never thought the game needed the bat mobile with how damn mobile batman is, but I guess they needed some gimmick as a new feature.

Man, who wrote Arkham Knight, George RR Martin? So many people getting offed.

Also, I was disappointed in Two Face's role in the story. They made it seem like he'd be a big part of the game in the promos, but he's just a series of side missions. He's a great character, but in this game he's basically just robbing banks. Boring.

Generally speaking, the cast of bad guys seems quite a bit weaker in the third game than in the previous two. Or maybe it's just that there just aren't that many side bad guys like they packed into Arkham City. It's a shame they couldn't utilize a few of Batman's other rogues.

The PC issues stem from Rocksteady outsourcing the PC development to a third party studio. I doubt they'll be doing that again after this.

I can't wait to play Arkham Knight. Played all the others in the series a couple times. Some of my favorite games. But I'm so behind on video games. I've still got a stack of 360 games I wanna play before I even buy an Xbox one. Feel like I need to take a month off work and just mainline through a bunch of games so I can actually be current with what people are playing.

Downloading Hearthstone right now. Worth a shot, especially since it's F2P. One question, though -- is all the content completely F2P, or would I have to pay for stuff to get the full experience? How much do cards cost on here?

Downloading Hearthstone right now. Worth a shot, especially since it's F2P. One question, though -- is all the content completely F2P, or would I have to pay for stuff to get the full experience? How much do cards cost on here?
As a new player, I just went through the same process.

Yeah, you can go 100% free to play and can be competitive in like the first 5-6 levels of rank really fast. You can buy packs of cards for anywhere from like $3 for 2 packs I think up to like $50 for 25 or something crazy. BUT, they give you challenges everyday (like win 3 games with a certain class, or kill 50 minions), and you can earn "gold" for it. If you do all the challenges in a week and win one game in Tavern Brawl (you'll understand once you see it), you can win like 4-5 packs a week for free.

The only thing that I've seen that's worth buying is they have single player campaigns which are actually really really fun. But they are kinda pricey. Like $6 a level or $25 for the entire expansion. Hardly required, but they are really challenging and a lot of fun to play. They teach you a lot about the game by playing those single player expansions.

Obviously you could just drop a crapload of money on cards and be more competitive faster, but over a month or two of playing you can get right into the thick of it.

As a new player, I just went through the same process.

Yeah, you can go 100% free to play and can be competitive in like the first 5-6 levels of rank really fast. You can buy packs of cards for anywhere from like $3 for 2 packs I think up to like $50 for 25 or something crazy. BUT, they give you challenges everyday (like win 3 games with a certain class, or kill 50 minions), and you can earn "gold" for it. If you do all the challenges in a week and win one game in Tavern Brawl (you'll understand once you see it), you can win like 4-5 packs a week for free.

The only thing that I've seen that's worth buying is they have single player campaigns which are actually really really fun. But they are kinda pricey. Like $6 a level or $25 for the entire expansion. Hardly required, but they are really challenging and a lot of fun to play. They teach you a lot about the game by playing those single player expansions.

Obviously you could just drop a crapload of money on cards and be more competitive faster, but over a month or two of playing you can get right into the thick of it.

Is there any type of system in place where you can trade/auction/sell cards?

Is there any type of system in place where you can trade/auction/sell cards?
No, but you can "craft" cards with points you earn by "disenchanting" cards you own but don't want. It's not super efficient (you get like 5 points worth for destroying a normal card, but it costs 40 points to make a new one), but it works if you've got a bunch of multiples or just ones you never play.

No, but you can "craft" cards with points you earn by "disenchanting" cards you own but don't want. It's not super efficient (you get like 5 points worth for destroying a normal card, but it costs 40 points to make a new one), but it works if you've got a bunch of multiples or just ones you never play.

Thanks. Have been playing it for about an hour or so and am still trying to get the hang of crafting custom decks and whatnot. Definitely a pretty fun diversion, will probably play it on the regular for the foreseeable future.

Thanks. Have been playing it for about an hour or so and am still trying to get the hang of crafting custom decks and whatnot. Definitely a pretty fun diversion, will probably play it on the regular for the foreseeable future.
What really helped me is do all of the tutorials for all 9 classes until you get each one to level 10 (I think that's what it is). Then you get all the basic cards for those classes, and you learn a ton about how to play the game in the process.

After that, you can be pretty comfortable playing against people online, either casual or ranked play.

So far I'm liking Assassin's Creed 3 a lot more than 2.

So when I built my pc a year ago, I got Watch Dogs free with my GPU. At launch, it was literally unplayable on pc, and I kind of just forgot about it.

Today I gave it another chance, it runs smooth as butter, and is addictive to keep playing.

Should keep me busy for a while.

So when I built my pc a year ago, I got Watch Dogs free with my GPU. At launch, it was literally unplayable on pc, and I kind of just forgot about it.

Today I gave it another chance, it runs smooth as butter, and is addictive to keep playing.

Should keep me busy for a while.
I think the big problem with this game is it had huge expectations that it couldn't possibly live up to. It also had the famous graphic downgrade that is happening to quite a few titles. Without all the hype that they couldn't deliver perhaps there is a decent game? I've seen it in g2a for like a buck and a quarter.

You are the first person I have ever heard say this.
I typed up a post about what I like more about AC3, but decided against posting it because I know people will respond with all of the things wrong with the game and ruin it for me lol.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."