• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NBA Offseason Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Oh man. Vonleh was like the one young guy on the Hornets team with a chance to develop a really nice offensive game on a team lacking offensive genius.

So what do they do? Trade him for Batum, a guy known for his defense who has failed to develop on the offensive end past his first few seasons.

They've been in win now mode since MJ took over and it's gonna prevent them from ever winning anything important.

On the flip side, I think I really like the deal for Portland. Batum, if he doesn't pick his game up from last season, was on a pretty bad contract. He really, really took a nose dive last year, basically ending any remaining hope they'd he would eventually become a star caliber player. Get rid of that, pick up a guy who can replace some of the things he did for you in Henderson, and get a really promising young prospect as well.

When this was on the back burner I'm pretty sure Vonleh didn't matter as much

View: https://twitter.com/hersheyman18/status/614131028446322688

Considering it's twitter not sure how accurate it is but if true I really like what CHA is doing so far this off-season. They need to get a true center to start next to A-Jef and another shooter or two then they'll be solid next season.

Last edited:
I pretty much hate everything the Hornets have done. Obviously if Vonleh never develops, it won't matter. But Batum was awful last year and has one year left on his deal. If he stays awful and leaves, you basically gave Vonleh away for nothing. I hate them trading down in the draft when they just need talent everywhere. Sullinger is going to do what for them? Start next to Jefferson so they can have the worst defensive front court in the league?

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/adam-silver-cj-mccollum-interview/

Great interview of Adam Silver by CJ McCollum of the Blazers(who grew up in Ohio and is a Browns fan)

I know their will be a lot of bluster and possibly even a summer lockout in two more seasons, but I really think that Silvers mindset as well as the caliber of guys in the NBA right now is one that will lead to a good agreement and a short lockout. Do not think we ever see games missed. But thats easy to say two years out.

Outside of Carmelo, the Knicks entire roster is a joke and nabbing the 4th pick just put them in a crappy spot. Phil should blow it up, trade Melo while he has some value. Lets say they actually get a premire FA to sign there, that puts them at what, the end of the Eastern playoff seeding? The Lakers could be an interesting trade, demand Russell and take on Young's contract with some picks. The Knicks can start rebuilding properly and give Porzingis a few years without expectations to blossom into whatever he's going to turn into while nabbing a potentially premiere PG who also gets time. The Lakers get enough cap room to pair a max contract with Kobe, Melo and Randle and make a go of things.

Outside of Carmelo, the Knicks entire roster is a joke and nabbing the 4th pick just put them in a crappy spot. Phil should blow it up, trade Melo while he has some value. Lets say they actually get a premire FA to sign there, that puts them at what, the end of the Eastern playoff seeding? The Lakers could be an interesting trade, demand Russell and take on Young's contract with some picks. The Knicks can start rebuilding properly and give Porzingis a few years without expectations to blossom into whatever he's going to turn into while nabbing a potentially premiere PG who also gets time. The Lakers get enough cap room to pair a max contract with Kobe, Melo and Randle and make a go of things.
Im 100% sure Lakers wouldn't trade Russell for Melo. Russell projects to be a superstar. I don't think youd trade that for an injury prone, star whose play style directly conflicts with every one of his teammates.

Very interested in what Draymond Green gets. That's a guy I can see a team throwing a max at. Golden State would surely be willing to match it, but who knows, but he wants to go somewhere where he can have a bigger role on offense (even if it doesn't suit him).

I think Green stays off the market. Golden State will offer him a max deal or a 1+1 (Lebron really set a precedent there), whatever he wants. The danger with an alternative where they just match what he gets on the open market (technically less money) is some other team offers some unmatchable contract with trade kickers etc like Parsons got last year.

Its going to be interesting, I think lots of players will bet on themselves to line up to be free agents again in a year or 2 while teams are going to try to lock in 4 and 5 year contracts that will be bargains in 2 years with the increased cap.

I should add, things will get interesting if they do indeed fire Karl with cause.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."