• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Browns Quarterback Position

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
WR, wont even be given a chance to play qb per the reports.

I'll go on record as saying Pryor has absolutely no chance to make the team.

Not even sure why we bothered picking him up.

There are plenty of other guys we could have given a chance to over him.

We're taking a flyer on a guy who spent 4 years trying to be a QB when everyone told him he's not one.

Now that's he's on his last legs, he's now switching to WR? Ok. Smells desperate to me.

He's a freak athlete w/size. Try him out as WR, if that fails, try him out as a pass catching TE. If that fails, spray paint him maize & blue and laugh at him.

There may be plenty of other guys to give a chance over him, but that's why we signed Bowe & Hartline. Drafted Mayle. Still have Hawkins. Waiting on pea brain Gordon.

No harm in maybe finding an onion ring in your fry bag.

I'll go on record as saying Pryor has absolutely no chance to make the team.

Not even sure why we bothered picking him up.

There are plenty of other guys we could have given a chance to over him.

We're taking a flyer on a guy who spent 4 years trying to be a QB when everyone told him he's not one.

Now that's he's on his last legs, he's now switching to WR? Ok. Smells desperate to me.

He is desperate. But he is a 6'5 guy who can run a sub 4.4 40. That is why you pick him up. He is camp help, nothing more nothing less.

If you don't understand why we picked him up, then you don't understand how training camps work.

He is desperate. But he is a 6'5 guy who can run a sub 4.4 40. That is why you pick him up. He is camp help, nothing more nothing less.

If you don't understand why we picked him up, then you don't understand how training camps work.

I understand how camp works and still think it's a waste.

I get the draw of someone like Pryor but there are plenty of big and fast guys that suck at playing WR.

He's just going to be a giant distraction at camp, which is why I don't understand it.

I don't see the harm in giving Pryor, a very gifted athlete, a chance to stick as a WR. Doesn't mean he'll get past first cuts, but is it devastating if he doesn't work-out? The answer is absolutely not. There's close to no risk here.

The only really crappy thing is people are going to (and already have started to) drool over the "potential" Pryor has and talk about him like he's another Josh Cribbs. People think he'll be able to play QB because they think everyone can be the next big thing.. I'm not trying to listen to people overinflate his abilities because he wore Scarlet & Gray. Love the Buckeyes, but take off the glasses and see this for what it is... A tryout. He's on a similar career path as like a Taylor Mays; he's been let-go enough times that it's clear he's not the stud you want to think he is. Both also aren't ideal for any one position at this point in their careers.

I know that Pryor has been catered to and really never developed the type of work ethic that could have made him a quarterback. It's hard for me to believe he has the work ethic that is necessary to switch positions at the NFL level.

I know that Pryor has been catered to and really never developed the type of work ethic that could have made him a quarterback. It's hard for me to believe he has the work ethic that is necessary to switch positions at the NFL level.

Right, so if he gets cut, then there's an example for all of the young guys "here's a 3rd round pick who has all of the athletic ability in the world, and he is gone. It takes being a professional and treating this as a career to make your mark in the NFL."

If he makes the team, then it's a turnaround story about sacrifice, a 2nd chance, blahblahblah, and maybe a weapon on the field.

I get that there's a distraction angle, but that's just up to the clubhouse to control - there will always be some random stories and some random media click bait, so it's up to the staff and players to get their priorities right and develop a culture that drowns out the noise.

While his lofty prospect status certainly created a sense of arrogance and self-entitlement from Pryor, the OSU coaching staff also didn't have the coaching able to reign him in during his time there.

Joe Daniels (God rest his soul) was forced to take a step back from the game when his health began to fail. Nick Siciliano is now working in the Health Care industry.

This isn't meant to absolve Pryor in any way, it's just a fact.

I couldn't stand Pryor when he was at OSU (and I am a huge OSU fan and graduate). However, it would be a great redemption story if he came in and became a solid possession receiver for us.

And I give him credit for us getting Urban :chuckle:

The work ethic necessary to be a good QB vs. Being a serviceable a receiver is different, though. Not saying I know he will put in the effort but just sayin'. He is technically downgrading in terms of difficulty. What bothers me more is his continued reference to a ' slash' role- is he ready to commit to being a receiver full time? I don't think so.

Man, the Browns sure do know how to create insufferable stories surrounding them.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."