• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavaliers Offseason Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. Cavs need to hold their ground and get him to take the 5 though. Spurs got Kawhi to accept the 5 I think the Cavs can do the same.
Hold their ground? What does that mean? Are you suggesting that we offer a max contract only and refuse to offer a 1 and 1 if that's all he will take?

Love has all of the leverage here.

Please enlighten me if I'm missing something.

Unfortunately I don't think he's taking the five year deal. I hope that I'm wrong on that.

Here's the thing. Even if Kevin gets 5, with the new salary cap, his contract would still be good in terms of trade value. If he wanted to leave town, we'd easily be able to ship him to his destination of choice.

Poor line of thinking. If he's unhappy after year two and wants to be traded to the Indiana Pacers, but the Pacers don't have what we assess to be proper return, we aren't going to send him there just to be good guys. I can understand Love wanting some flexibility. He just needs to weigh how important that is vs. security given his spotty injury history.

Hopefully the Love/Lakers meeting is just a favor from Love to his agent or agency so that they can be on good terms for another client. Like the Lakers want a meeting, Love is already in LA and client x is up for a renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."