• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Joe Johnson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tedginnjr

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Nets are trying to deal Johnson's expiring 24 mil contract.

Would you give Haywood contract and Andy for a package of Johnson and Hollis-Jefferson, pick considerations for example?

Would give us a creating guard we're looking for plus some youth and assets and would save Nets a ton in taxes. Also, Johnson expires this year so can resign at cheaper rate if fit works.

I feel like JJ is underrated as a player, because everyone just thinks of his contract first and forecast. Would love to have him here. Would bring shooting, and competent defense and playmaking.

Doubt we could get RHJ and picks in addition though. It's not like Andy is an attractive asset or anything. They're not going to be looking to add long term money.

Come on guys, this has no chance of happening. The cap hit alone makes it a none starter. Also Andy is not going anywhere.

Edit: this was before we knew West was available. If we can sign West I can see why we would make the deal if it does happen.

Also props to jackasses who disagree with my posts a week after I posted it, when we were operating on other information.

Last edited:
Would you give Haywood contract and Andy for a package of Johnson and Hollis-Jefferson, pick considerations for example?
No way in hell would the Cavs take on Johnson.

No way in hell would the Cavs trade Andy. Christ! There was a reason we didnt do it while we sucked, and there is now a big reason we keep him around who has our nuts in a vice grip.

No way in hell would they give up the rights to their 1st rounder, whom they received by trading Plumlee.

Only reason this is interesting is if he is trade and bought out. If cavs still have roster spots he would be a great vet min addition. He's always followed the money though so no doubt he goes to the bobcats or another cellar dweller for a few dollars more

Windy was on WKNR today saying we are looking at Johnson.

It would take about 19.8 million outgoong salary to make it work. Haywood, JR at 8.5, and Harris does get it done.

If JR doesn't want to come back, and was looking at the Nets (or just wants a ton of money), then it is a nice and realistic return for Haywood and a guy we have no claim to.

Lol...

This dude just turned 34 though...

Ugh..

Lol...

This dude just turned 34 though...

Ugh..

He'd only make sense if he get's bought out, and is willing to come here for the mini-MLE.

The idea of actually trading for him would be absurd to me.

If JR doesn't want to come back, and was looking at the Nets (or just wants a ton of money), then it is a nice and realistic return for Haywood and a guy we have no claim to

But JR doesn't. If he did, yeah, I agree.

But if we decided to trade for Johnson using JR too, overall wouldn't make that much sense at all, given Johnson's age compared to JR's.

If only Johnson were 4 years younger, I'd have no problem cutting bait with JR for Johnson.

This team needs to get younger in my opinion. Guys that start hitting their mid 30s can fall off the wagon at any time. I don't want Joe Johnson as this offseason's big "get".

It would take about 19.8 million outgoong salary to make it work. Haywood, JR at 8.5, and Harris does get it done.

If JR doesn't want to come back, and was looking at the Nets (or just wants a ton of money), then it is a nice and realistic return for Haywood and a guy we have no claim to.

As far as I know (not a cap guru) we can't S&T players because of where we're at with the tax / being over the cap. I know many posters have far more knowledge than I on that topic, but I believe it was discussed before in what we could do with the Haywood deal.

As far as I know (not a cap guru) we can't S&T players because of where we're at with the tax / being over the cap. I know many posters have far more knowledge than I on that topic, but I believe it was discussed before in what we could do with the Haywood deal.
We can sign and trade outgoing players not incoming players.

God if you do that Joe Johnson deal for Varejao and Haywood it's game over for the rest of the league. JJ is one of the best clutch shooters, one of the best pure shooters, he can create his shot, and he has point guard skills too. I know trading Varejao sucks since he's an old school Cav and such a tremendous interior defender, but who is stopping that team with Johnson?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."