• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Ok fine, but even without bosh, there is no excuse for a team with Wade/Deng/Whiteside(since the media jerked off to him)/Dragic to miss the playoffs in the east, especially when they were in the 7th spot before Bosh was out for the season. Not only that, but their schedule was pretty light after the all star break. Now all of a sudden they are going to be a threat to win the East? With all teams healthy, I would place Indiana, Chicago, and Washington well before the Heat.

About Bosh and Wade. With increased playing time together/chemistry, etc., they could play better together, but they didn't last year. Injuries were a big problem, but even when Wade and Bosh were healthy, they didn't much of anything.

• The Heat were 13-15 in games in which Wade and Bosh started together.
  • They were +1.5 points per 100 possessions in 663 total minutes. To put that into perspective, Delly and Mike Miller were +3.4 per 100.
  • Both sported negative DRPM numbers (Wade: -1.96; Bosh: -.04) as their jump-trap defense floundered without Lebron; their COMBINED RPM was .33; in comparison, CJ Watson's RPM was .37. Their combined WAR was about 5.2, less than what JJ Redick put up by himself.
Now, in the paltry 80 minutes and 152 possessions that Wade, Bosh, and Whiteside played together, Miami was a gaudy +17.7 per 100 possessions which would put them in the Cavs/Spurs/GSW realm, but 80 minutes and 152 possessions is too few to make a sound assessment.

Broussard said again that LeBron wants to average 22/11/8 next year. It was a Cavs teammate who is very close to LeBron and said he wants to do more to get Love and Kyrie the ball.

I assume the improved rebounding #s is because he wants more possessions/starting the fast break.

Not sure he'd average that many boards on our squad next year. I'd love it if he averaged 10+ assists though.

Broussard said again that LeBron wants to average 22/11/8 next year. It was a Cavs teammate who is very close to LeBron and said he wants to do more to get Love and Kyrie the ball.

I assume the improved rebounding #s is because he wants more possessions/starting the fast break.

Not sure he'd average that many boards on our squad next year. I'd love it if he averaged 10+ assists though.

I think he could average 11 rebounds pretty easily even with the great rebounder's we have. If he's not taking as many shots and getting Kyrie and Love involved more, that means he's going to be spending more time without the ball in his hands. If the ball isn't in his hands, he's going to have more rebounding opportunities.

I think we see LeBron becoming more of the defensive force we expected him to be last season. It would stand to reason he'd have more defensive rebounding opportunities because of it.

Allow me to just chime in quickly as I've been seeing a lot of ridiculousness on Twitter over the last 24-48 hours.

If, as a journalist, you have to a) clarify that you're "pretty sure LeBron won't leave Cleveland," b) you're writing articles titled "Could LeBron actually leave Cleveland?" or c) are having open-ended discussions on Twitter as you endeavor to evaluate the prospects of both re-signing or leaving, you aren't doing your job properly now and you certainly weren't doing your job properly 12 months ago when you neglected to report the facts behind LBJ's long-term commitment to CLE.

I know he's the most polarizing player in the game, but the fact that this is even being discussed (when everybody who had any clue knew that this was a formality when we originally panicked about the 1 year deal last off-season) is the pure definition of absurd, media fishing. Nobody should be biting the line they're throwing into the digital waters - just absolute nonsense journalism through and through.

Call me crazy but I'm kind of liking how LeBron is forcing the Cavs to re-sign everybody first. Not that I doubted much that they would try their damndest to bring everyone back, but it kind of assures me that if we lose out on a player it means there was nothing more for us to do to retain them.

LeBron is a proper tease. He will wait for every big FA to sign and then once its done, he will wait for some days to see the media spreading chaos before ultimately signing that 1+1 deal. Love the guy and he is obviously a great player, the fucker needs to stop being such a troll and be done with it!

LeBron is a proper tease. He will wait for every big FA to sign and then once its done, he will wait for some days to see the media spreading chaos before ultimately signing that 1+1 deal. Love the guy and he is obviously a great player, the fucker needs to stop being such a troll and be done with it!

Hmmmm...interesting that you use the word troll. Exactly what I was thinking about this post.

I would've agreed with this more lat year when teams and other FA are waiting for him to "set the market".

But everyone knows he's gonna do a 1+1 and it isn't affecting what the Cavs can do nor what other FAs are doing. I'll admit it's diva-ish but superstars tend to be divas.

What do you disagree with @NoTitleTown bro? :p

@NoTitleTown , see..? It's always going to happen that someone responds and asks "why the downvote?"

That's my point, and why we should remove it.

Once we trade Haywood and we're mostly done with free agency (TT/Shump/JR/Delly signed), I think we should have an S34 vote to provide the admins with a recommendation one way or the other for either removal or approval of the feature.

If everyone agrees it should stay, then I'll stop mentioning it. But I don't think it's being used as intended by a LOT of posters.

I would've agreed with this more lat year when teams and other FA are waiting for him to "set the market".

But everyone knows he's gonna do a 1+1 and it isn't affecting what the Cavs can do nor what other FAs are doing. I'll admit it's diva-ish but superstars tend to be divas.

I know. It was a bit of sarcastic post.

I am not at all worried about LeBron. He ain't leaving Cleveland anymore.

I know people would remind about 2010 but if he leaves again, his legacy will be completely tainted. And, if there is one thing LeBron cares about, its his legacy. Also, he won't get to play alongside a better team than this one. He is just going to do this until he can sign that record breaking NBA contract so that, like Jordan in his last few years with the Bulls, he could be the highest paid player in NBA history!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."