• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dwyane Wade Safari

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Why would Wade sign a 1 year deal over long term? Confused...

If Wade has any kind of a serious injury this upcoming season, he can kiss any future multi-year deals goodbye.

My thinking is that he's hoping to produce at a high level next season so that he can get a 3 year deal for good money that'll take him through his age 37 season.

If Wade has any kind of a serious injury this upcoming season, he can kiss any future multi-year deals goodbye.

My thinking is that he's hoping to produce at a high level next season so that he can get a 3 year deal for good money that'll take him through his age 37 season.

Or, he's hoping he gets traded by the deadline...

Him signing a one-year deal, without a multi-year extension basically means both sides agreed to table the discussion until a later date.

I still don't see this "mighty Heat team" that is supposed to threaten us in the East.

Dragic and Bosh are nice, but we have the better versions of them in Irving and Love, plus the greatest player in the league, a championship-magnet coach, solid depth all around, and a year of disgust and disappointment that will in all likelihood leave the Big Three hungrier to finish the Warriors again.

Although, I still think Golden State is soft. If the Spurs get Aldridge or the Grizzlies get reliable three shooters, I don't think the Warriors make it out of the West again.

We are the title favorites because we are the only elite team in the East, and there are plenty in the West who have to beat on each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol at the prospect of the Spurs going right from Duncan to Aldridge.

That's not quite as fucked up as the Manning to Luck transition, but it's still pretty fucked up.

So
Lol at the prospect of the Spurs going right from Duncan to Aldridge.

That's not quite as fucked up as the Manning to Luck transition, but it's still pretty fucked up.
they did it in the past too. David Robinson to Time Duncan.

Try January. ;)
I have no idea how we match 20mil in salary without Haywood's contract. Hell, even with Haywood's contract, getting up to 16mil would be tough, especially since I doubt Miami wants to add any money onto next offseason's books.

Why would Wade sign a 1 year deal over long term? Confused...

Wade didn't do the deal with Riley...

Reports out today is that he did the deal directly with ownership. Essentially they're giving him $20M to partially pay him back for last season. It also gives them both needed time to figure out how the Heat franchise will play out. I think he opted to sacrifice security because he may have gotten a handshake agreement from Arison that he'd trade Wade if things don't work out (i.e. David Lee).

They need room for Whiteside, and can't sign him without being under the cap. If he continues to improve, or if the Heat have a shot at a major free agent (Aldridge/Durant), it's likely you'll see Wade traded either by the deadline or in the offseason in a potential salary dump to the team of his choice.

More to the point about next offseason, apparently Riley met with Aldridge simply to pitch next offseasons options. Again, I don't think Wade is in Miami's long-term plans, and considering he had to go to Mickey Arison to get a deal worked out, and not through Riley, says a lot.

I think Wade is gone. The one year deal suggests that, he just didn't have any other legit options right now.

Riley is never going to pay him what he wants. Wade just made a business decision, but the relationship is hardly repaired, IMO.

Who knows, maybe he and LB already have some back door deal going on.

These two were hanging out together, I know they're buddies. But I don't think they've not talked about a way to play with each other again.

I think at some point Wade will come here, call my crazy. I just never thought it'd be now.

Actually a smart move by Miami getting only a 1 year deal. This is basically like Wade not opting out. Kind of sucks for Wade that he couldn't get a multi-year deal. If Miami was really "committed" or thought he was integral to the franchise or something, then you'd give him a multi-year with a player option. This contract basically says, we're not playing for next year, so we'll give you a bunch of money since there isn't anyone else to give it to.

I can see Wade leaving for whatever contender needs a super-sixth man next year. What it does for the Heat is give them flexibility. I hate to say it but they have a pretty good scenario going, the only large contracts are Bosh and Dragic (questionable pieces to build around, but its who was available and better than most of the teams in the league). Wade comes off the books, Winslow is on a rookie contract (how the hell he fell that far is beyond me) and Whiteside will have a minimal cap hold because he doesnt make much. Basically, they should be able to have room for someone for the max and could sell potential FAs on adding to a Whiteside, Bosh, Dragic, and Winslow core, which is a pretty decent position to be in considering that Lebron just up and left them and they are strapped for picks the next few years. The only catch is that I believe Whiteside has no rights so Miami can't offer more than other teams, but I'm not sure on that last one. Oh and Whiteside might turn out to be a total bust, that could happen too, though he looked damn good at the end of last season.

Cavs trade Joe Johnson to Miami for Dwyane Wade in January?

chef_stiring_pot_anim_md_wm.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."