• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Well, the truth is that TT can't go anywhere else this year unless we don't match some huge contract that very likely isn't coming anyway. Realistically, he'll be here for 2015-16 no matter what. And LBJ isn't going anywhere else either this season either.

The truth is that while not signing TT to a long-term deal could potentially bite us in the ass big-time for 2016-17, it's really not going to mean jack shyte for this coming season.

Well, he might be pissed that he didn't get an offer. It probably won't create much of an impact, but maybe it will. It depends on the emotional makeup of TT.

I said it before, and I will say it again, I would pull my offer and tell him to go see what he can get and come back to us. Then, either let him go or match what will likely be a lot less than we are already offering. Thompson is so overrated.
He then instead signs the qualifying offer, and racks up numbers as the 6th man on a championship- caliber team being lightly guarded d/t the 3 stars he shares the floor with. He then goes into unrestricted FA next off season with a dramatically higher cap and a label as a ' championship piece', ' constantly improving', blah-blah-blah. With so many teams flush with cap space and a chip on his shoulder, he entices a team that feels it is I'm the verge' to go ahead and spend their windfall on this rare FA commodity: young, playoff experienced player ready to step it up. We have seen this time and again. Read :Larry Hughes, Trevor Ariza. The Cavs don't have the assets to quickly fill a loss like his. They backed themselves into this corner by hemorrhaging assets this past year. The price is a vicious overpaying and overreliance on Thompson.

Well, he might be pissed that he didn't get an offer. It probably won't create much of an impact, but maybe it will. It depends on the emotional makeup of TT.

It would be a true contract year for a guy who hasn't gotten paid yet. He couldn't afford to pout about it.

This is a situation where both parties are worth more to each other than to another party.

For the Cavs, there is no way to replace TT.

And for TT, there is no one able to or willing to pay him more money, or the chance to play with one of his best friends.

Hopefully they find the middle ground, and he signs soon. We can't lose him.

He then instead signs the qualifying offer, and racks up numbers as the 6th man on a championship- caliber team being lightly guarded d/t the 3 stars he shares the floor with. He then goes into unrestricted FA next off season with a dramatically higher cap and a label as a ' championship piece', ' constantly improving', blah-blah-blah. With so many teams flush with cap space and a chip on his shoulder, he entices a team that feels it is I'm the verge' to go ahead and spend their windfall on this rare FA commodity: young, playoff experienced player ready to step it up. We have seen this time and again. Read :Larry Hughes, Trevor Ariza. The Cavs don't have the assets to quickly fill a loss like his. They backed themselves into this corner by hemorrhaging assets this past year. The price is a vicious overpaying and overreliance on Thompson.

Well said. The Cavs may decide not to "overpay" for him, but the downside is exactly as you describe.

Too many people believe that if no other team offers him more money this summer, he has no alternative but to sigh whatever long-term deal we offer.

And that ain't true.

J.J.'s OR numbers aren't that far off of Tristan's, except for his first 2 years in the NBA (I wonder what they are per 36?) He also has a higher career FG%. I'm not saying he is great or anything, but it shows how similar he is to Tristan which makes Tristan's demands crazy.
Saw this on Realgm.

In his 4 years, these have been his per36 min numbers:

2011-12: 12.5pts 9.8reb 0.7ast 0.7stl 1.6blk 2.0TO
2012-13: 13.4pts 10.9reb 1.5ast 0.8stl 1.0blk 1.7TO
2013-14: 13.3pts 10.5reb 1.0ast 0.6stl 0.5blk 1.5TO
2014-15: 11.4pts 10.8reb 0.8ast 0.6stl 1.0blk 1.4TO

Hickson's career per 36 numbers BTW: 15.3pts 11.0reb 1.3ast 0.8stl 0.9blk 2.3TO
Gooden's career per 36 numebrs: 15.6pts 10.0reb 1.6ast 1.0stl 0.8blk 2.1TO

Saw this on Realgm.

In his 4 years, these have been his per36 min numbers:

2011-12: 12.5pts 9.8reb 0.7ast 0.7stl 1.6blk 2.0TO
2012-13: 13.4pts 10.9reb 1.5ast 0.8stl 1.0blk 1.7TO
2013-14: 13.3pts 10.5reb 1.0ast 0.6stl 0.5blk 1.5TO
2014-15: 11.4pts 10.8reb 0.8ast 0.6stl 1.0blk 1.4TO

Hickson's career per 36 numbers BTW: 15.3pts 11.0reb 1.3ast 0.8stl 0.9blk 2.3TO
Gooden's career per 36 numebrs: 15.6pts 10.0reb 1.6ast 1.0stl 0.8blk 2.1TO

This doesn't mean shit.

Marc Gasol per36 career: 15.1 points , 8.4 rebounds , 1.7 blk

Javale Mcgee: 15.2 pts, 10 rebs, 3.2 blk

Last edited:
Numbers do not dictate the value of a player on a team. So stop going over numbers and Draymond Green while putting up good numbers at times hurt the Warriors more despite those numbers. Offensive rebounder's like Thompson are very rare. Those offensive rebounds kept us in games these play offs. The kid is a double double offensive rebounding hustle machine. Screw the numbers he is worth his pay oh yeah he as room to improve as well.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."