• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NBA Offseason Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I actually sort of like what the Knicks did this off-season.

Got Robin Lopez for 4/$54M. Good value for a solid center in his prime (27). Will likely pair well with whoever they eventually get to play PF.

Arron Afflalo for 2 years/$16M. A reasonable contract.

Kyle O'Quinn for 4 years/$16M. Really like this one. Sort of got buried in ORL, but did reasonably well in the minutes he had. Little risk, and could turn into a solid player on a good team. Maybe a first big off the bench.

Derrick Williams for 2/$10. Second year player option. Not sure what he did to merit the player option. Not totally against taking a look at him, but this contract isn't my favorite. At least he is still young.

In the draft lottery, they got unlucky by falling to #4 in a draft where the top 3 guys were pretty clear cut. They took Porzingis, and we will just have to see how that works out for them.

When you compare what the Knicks did with the Lakers, it's even more impressive. The Knicks were realistic and modest and had a plan on what they wanted to do. The Lakers continued to assume everyone would want to play for what they apparently still view as a destination franchise.

Last edited:
Remember when Lakers fans were SURE they were getting Kyrie and KLove and were arrogant pricks about it?

CJFnLt9UcAAZDa5.jpg

I actually sort of like what the Knicks did this off-season.

Got Robin Lopez for 4/$54M. Good value for a solid center in his prime (27). Will likely pair well with whoever they eventually get to play PF.

Arron Afflalo for 2 years/$16M. A reasonable contract.

Kyle O'Quinn for 4 years/$16M. Really like this one. Sort of got buried in ORL, but did reasonably well in the minutes he had. Little risk, and could turn into a solid player on a good team. Maybe a first big off the bench.

Derrick Williams for 5/$10. Second year player option. Not sure what he did to merit the player option. Not totally against taking a look at him, but this contract isn't my favorite. At least he is still young.

In the draft lottery, they got unlucky by falling to #4 in a draft where the top 3 guys were pretty clear cut. They took Porzingis, and we will just have to see how that works out for them.

When you compare what the Knicks did with the Lakers, it's even more impressive. The Knicks were realistic and modest and had a plan on what they wanted to do. The Lakers continued to assume everyone would want to play for what they apparently still view as a destination franchise.

Knicks will easily make the playoffs with these additions.

@Northstar nothing funny about it. It WILL happen.

Last edited:
Don't have a Summer League thread and I don't feel like starting one so I'll just put this here...

For the past couple years, I've always latched onto a prospect from the draft. 2012 it was Dion after watching his workout videos and interviews, 2014 it was Zach Lavine for the same reasons, and this year it's easily Hezonja.

Guy can really play. Versatile and his skillset allows him to have a really high ceiling. Really high on him.

Don't have a Summer League thread and I don't feel like starting one so I'll just put this here...

For the past couple years, I've always latched onto a prospect from the draft. 2012 it was Dion after watching his workout videos and interviews, 2014 it was Zach Lavine for the same reasons, and this year it's easily Hezonja.

Guy can really play. Versatile and his skillset allows him to have a really high ceiling. Really high on him.

He is impressive, wow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgssqUUKLaE

Smooth shot, quick, explosive , quick first step.. damn.

Mid range looks awkward but nice jumper and size. Orlando could have a tough trio oladipo, harris, and hezonja

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Mid range looks awkward but nice jumper and size. Orlando could have a tough trio oladipo, harris, and hezonja

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Not to mention their 20/10 big man in Vucevic. The Magic are definitely a young team on the rise. Probably only a year behind the Bucks. Payton looked pretty good last year too.

Super Mario is a great character as well. He has that Kobe/Jordan-esque arrogance. Obviously, if he fails, he will end up looking like a dick. But, I really like the look of the Orlando team.

Spurs easily winning the title next year

that stacked team on roids just got on roids again

They win easily in 4 or 5
Well it's hard to see anyone getting past the warriors for 2-3 years, but they will be right up there, for sure. It will be spurs/warriors battling for the next few years.. or at least until duncan retires. At least in the west. Once the finals start, anything can happen.

Well it's hard to see anyone getting past the warriors for 2-3 years, but they will be right up there, for sure. It will be spurs/warriors battling for the next few years.. or at least until duncan retires. At least in the west. Once the finals start, anything can happen.
I'd say if the Spurs played the warriors in the west finals this year, Spurs would have won. This coming year? It appears to be a no-brainer for me. Spurs are good. Really good. It will be the Spurs vs. the Cavs in the finals in 2016.

Funny how everyone has shunned the Lakers. All they've done in FA is lose Ed Davis to a surprisingly reasonable contract? Even the Kings managed to sign Koufos, Rondo, and Bellinelli. The Lakers have added Russell to pair with Kobe and Randle then just absorbed Hibbert (not clear if they actually gave up anything, might be some super-protected future 2nd rounder or something) so they could try again next year. Sure losing the Finals sucks but seeing the Lakers flail around is a nice consolation.

The Knicks are a mess too but at least they made a few decent moves and with Melo, could get to the playoffs. I still think they should trade him for a haul if they can.

Knicks will easily make the playoffs with these additions.

@Northstar nothing funny about it. It WILL happen.
I don't know about playoffs. I mean shit just in the Central, Milwaukee, and Detroit look to be much improved. Charlotte looks like it's trying to make a run, Orlando looks much better. The East as a whole looks to be much improved this year. Less elite teams, Wizards took a big hit (Pierce), so did Atlanta. Looking like Cleveland vs Chicago for the finals.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were 4, maybe even 5 playoff teams from the central division alone. The Knicks would need a lot of breaks to go their way to be in contention for the 8 seed imo.

The Clippers are looking into JaVale McGee right now to address their problem at center.

My how the mighty have fallen. Sad thing is I thought that with Pierce had they gotten Jordan back they could have been right there as a contender in the west. Pierce I think will help them immensely at the end of games when they used to shit down their legs because no one could make a big basket (except for Paul that one time).

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."