• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Official Game of Thrones [A Song of Ice and Fire] Thread (includes spoilers)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Wanna hear K-Love talk about Game of Thrones?

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-love-return-to-cleveland/

Skip to around 10 mins.

He's read the books. Referenced CleganeBowl.

one-of-us.jpg

To be a villain. They succeeded.

Hacks.

I think we may all have been a bit fooled by how Stannis was portrayed recently . Donal Noye talked about the three Baratheon brothers. Renly was weak and would bend easily. Robert was the "true steel".

Stannis was "hard iron". Immovable, uncompromising, and would not bend. But metal that won't bend is brittle, and eventually, his rigidity means he would break. I think that's what kind of happened. He got absolutely fixes on a goal, and would not be swayed from it no matter what common sense dictated. He ended up putting every single chip he had into taking Winterfell, and broke.

Stannis was the most Shakespearean of the Baratheons. Great in some ways, but fatally flawed.

Just more evidence showing what everyone is saying. It went from Jon is dead, from him telling everyone 100% not back NEXT season. And now this...

This article, Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke Shares Good News for Jon Snow Fans, originally appeared on TVGuide.com.

All might not be lost for Jon Snow.

Despite apparently dying at the hands of his Nights' Watch brothers in the Season 5 finale, Kit Harington might return toGame of Thrones after all.

During an interview with MTV News, Emilia Clarke, who plays Jon's rumored auntDaenerys Targaryen, revealed there's hope that the Lord Command will return.

"I mean, if I had to bet, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance. I mean, there's some helpful people there who could bring him back to life," Clarke said.

Though the actress acknowledged she doesn't know anything for sure, she makes a good point. Shortly before Jon's demise, Melissandre abruptly showed up at the Wall. What purpose could the Red Woman serve there now, unless it is to use her powers to revive Jon?

Watching the death again, I'm not sure the light is anything more than the moon. Either way, doesn't matter. He's coming back to life, of that I have no doubt at all.

There's another rumor that he might come back as a wolf? From a previous interview, I guess.

So many rumors are gonna float around until something gets leaked.

There's another rumor that he might come back as a wolf? From a previous interview, I guess.

So many rumors are gonna float around until something gets leaked.

I think this is based on a panel that Kit and D&D did where Kit said he wanted to go inside of a wolf (like Bran I'm guessing) and D&D said something along the lines of "just wait until season 6!"

They were probably just joking around cause its a panel. I think it is much more likely they will go the simpler route and just have Mel resurrect him. I've always been disappointed that they chose to eliminate the other Starks' warging abilities. I feel like the discovery that Jon could warg, even if it was done in the last second of Season 5 after he had been stabbed, would have made for a really great moment. Like a glimmer of hope instead of just piling on more tragedy. I mean, Arya being blind presents a perfect opportunity to show that she can warg, like in the book too. I can just imagine a scene where it starts off like it is one of Bran's wolf dreams but we see from Nymeria's point of view hunting down a Frey or something, and then having the wolf dream end and it be revealed that it was Arya doing the dreaming instead of Bran (which the audience is conditioned to believe at this point). Or just have her warg into a cat like in the book when she is blind. Rickon being back most likely in season six is another chance.

Oh well. :dunno:

Well, i just finished the last book and all i have to say is that it was significantly better than the previous one. Im going to hate the wait, for the next one.

Played a couple of games now of the official Game of Thrones board game (the one based off of the books that's been around a while) and man is it fun. Had a 5 person game, and a 6 person game. Steep learning curve, but once everyone has it, it really is quite fun. A lot of strategy, a lot of fucking over friends (or making secret alliances). Highly recommend it.

Played as the Martells both times. Worked out pretty well.

Tower of Joy Confirmed?!?!?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/tower-of-joy?bftw&utm_term=4ldqpfp#.ig0KVaVz9

Take a look at some of the pictures and tell me that doesn't look like what you would imagine for the Tower of Joy.

I wonder how they will do it. Must be a flashback through Bran right? or they could open the season with it like they did with the Maggy the Frog prophecy and then smash cut to Jon's body lying on the ground dead.

Tower of Joy Confirmed?!?!?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/tower-of-joy?bftw&utm_term=4ldqpfp#.ig0KVaVz9

Take a look at some of the pictures and tell me that doesn't look like what you would imagine for the Tower of Joy.

I wonder how they will do it. Must be a flashback through Bran right? or they could open the season with it like they did with the Maggy the Frog prophecy and then smash cut to Jon's body lying on the ground dead.

That would be awesome!

Yeah, no doubt Tower of Joy.

I imagine it'll be another flashback at the start, or through Bran as you said. I'd love if they did it the way you describe though. So pumped. One of my favorite book scenes as I discussed earlier.

Yeah, no doubt Tower of Joy.

I imagine it'll be another flashback at the start, or through Bran as you said. I'd love if they did it the way you describe though. So pumped. One of my favorite book scenes as I discussed earlier.
i would love if the ToJ scene was preserved very similar to the books. not as a bran flashback but as a "ned" throwback. just like in the video posted earlier. somehow tie it into the beginning of the season.

“Every year you go ‘What?! Whaaaat!?’ and having read these, it’s the same feeling again … there’s a lot to be very excited about,” Headey teased.

“I’m looking forward to absolutely every part of it, it’s like go-go-go from episode one,” Clarke said. “You know how sometimes it’s like, ‘we’re just going to remind you and warm you up: remember this and remember that and I bet you forgot his name …’ sort of thing? [This season] it’s literally like ‘oh yeah, no chance to catch up, here you go, we’re just gonna hit you with it every episode, with something more mental than the last.'”

Hope she's right. Even though the build up makes the end of the seasons blow our minds kinda with great action and twists, a whole season of amped up episodes could be real nice. Especially with all the shit that could happen with returning characters, etc..

Well, Yara (Asha) has been sighted with her GOT cast mates at the place they're shooting so it looks like Greyjoy action (Kingsmoot?!?) is pretty much confirmed when you consider the Euron casting call.

http://watchersonthewall.com/more-game-of-thrones-cast-arrive-in-northern-ireland-for-season-6/

Makes me wonder about how important the Iron Islanders are in the grand scheme of things. D&D purposely left out Aegon, Qwentyn and other Dornish plot stuff, and yet they are including Greyjoy stuff. It seems like this could be an indication that the Greyjoys have a larger role to play in TWOW and ADOS then I previously thought. Likely as a means for Dany to return to Westeros.

Well I think Yara had to come back eventually to complete whatever her arc is. Euron is likely going to be the final big villain character introduced in the show, and him making an appearance makes a lot of sense (Someone for Yara to interact with, be a villain, the horn, threat, etc...) Still not convinced that the Iron Islands mean a whole lot to the endgame unless they introduced Vicatarion and Aeron. That would grab my attention.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."