• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So the new Destiny expansion apparently costs forty dollars and has pre-order bonuses. I am so glad I ditched that fucking game.

Saw this comment on Gamespot and it's right on the money:
"Also, the hollowed out book is a perfect symbol for the game. It looks like a useful item full of content, but upon closer inspection you see that all the good things have been cut out (literally here, lol) to make space for pointless grinding collectibles. Now that's what I call poetic."

My problem is that so many games are made into open world games when it seems like they really don't need to be. What did the Batman games gain by being open world? I personally still think the original Arkham Asylum was the best of them as far as the actual game world is concerned. The open world sequels just featured a lot of unnecessary travel. And while it's certainly cool to glide around as Batman, it tends to be more annoying than fun when your next objective appears all the way on the other side of the map. The environment also feels totally artificial since every game has to go out of its way to empty all the civilians out of the city.

The Witcher 3 is kind of like that too. The world is so big that travel becomes more of a chore than excitement, especially as the game wears on and you just want to get to the next story bit. It's a well-designed and beautiful world, but I still pretty much always just fast travel whenever the option is available to me, and I'm sure most other gamers are of a similar mindset. I will admit that The Witcher 3 being open world makes a hell of a lot more sense than the Batman games, though.

I really wish more games would just focus on fifteen hours of great, relatively linear story. The last great game I can think of that did that was Wolfenstein, and that came out last year.

Agreed. Havent really played Witcher yet as I said though.

So I just finally completed Arkham Knight. All I can say is: 'Knightfall.' Now isn't that some sombre shit?

Do we surmise that Azrael dons the cowel in that final shadow of the Dark Knight after Bruce allegedly "dies"? And obviously we're lead to believe that he's faked his death and Alfred knows all about it as part of the Knightfall Protocol, right? That's what seems to make the most sense to me at this point.

So the new Destiny expansion apparently costs forty dollars and has pre-order bonuses. I am so glad I ditched that fucking game.

Saw this comment on Gamespot and it's right on the money:
"Also, the hollowed out book is a perfect symbol for the game. It looks like a useful item full of content, but upon closer inspection you see that all the good things have been cut out (literally here, lol) to make space for pointless grinding collectibles. Now that's what I call poetic."

If you play Destiny for the RPG/PvE elements, its kind of a sub par game. If you enjoy PvP its actually quite good. I barely touch the PvE anymore but I make at least a few hours per weekend for the competitive PvP mode, Trials of Osiris.

If you play Destiny for the RPG/PvE elements, its kind of a sub par game. If you enjoy PvP its actually quite good. I barely touch the PvE anymore but I make at least a few hours per weekend for the competitive PvP mode, Trials of Osiris.

I just couldn't get into Destiny's PVP. It was too unbalanced and felt like a watered down version of Halo's multiplayer, which I already wasn't terribly fond of. There also weren't enough interesting game modes to keep me involved.

This was probably the best part of Arkham Knight... :chuckle:

A944AD08717FBF13444D1C72A921A2A5CE600841

And what the fuck did they do with the Croc's re-design? He looks totally different from how he did in Arkham Asylum.

25B51393BA007E0675067D01D30CE8F148FE9B86

So I just finally completed Arkham Knight. All I can say is: 'Knightfall.' Now isn't that some sombre shit?

Do we surmise that Azrael dons the cowel in that final shadow of the Dark Knight after Bruce allegedly "dies"? And obviously we're lead to believe that he's faked his death and Alfred knows all about it as part of the Knightfall Protocol, right? That's what seems to make the most sense to me at this point.

I just finished the base game today, but I watched the Knightfall and 100% endings on YouTube as well.

I'm not sure it's supposed to be Azrael. I guess that depends on whether or not you attack Batman when given the chance in the game. I did, and Azrael ended up in the maximum security cell with all the other main villains. I'm not sure what happens if you break the sword. Maybe you can fill me in on that one.

Having finished the game, let me just say that the base ending is really good as a story, but kind of shitty as a game. There's no final fight or challenge. The ending is basically just a ten minute cut-scene. Part of it has you in control, but you're essentially on rails and I'm fairly certain you can't die. There's no epic final boss fight like Clayface in Arkham City or the dumb super Joker fight in Arkham Asylum, and that's kind of a problem as this is a game.

Anyway, I'm heading next door to drink a few beers. I'll post in more detail about this later.

Witcher 3 is supposedly going to get New Game Plus as its final free DLC. That excites me.

I finally picked up a copy of ESO for the XB1.

As for Destiny... I'm not even surprised anymore. Bungie has turned into one of Activision's shameless little whores. EA and Activision are the fucking worst, I swear.

Witcher 3 is supposedly going to get New Game Plus as its final free DLC. That excites me.

I finally picked up a copy of ESO for the XB1.

As for Destiny... I'm not even surprised anymore. Bungie has turned into one of Activision's shameless little whores. EA and Activision are the fucking worst, I swear.

Fuck ESO. Cannot keep a stable connection on the XB1 to save my life. Play 35 seconds, lag out and drop connection. Spend 5 minutes trying to reconnect only to repeat it all over again. I mean my internet's not the best, but ESO is the only game I've come across on my XB1 that is unplayable with my connection.

Been playing a lot of Path of Exile, basically a Diablo 2 clone. It's really entertaining, especially for a free game. I like how you can make whatever type of character you want rather than being stuck in a specific class's skill tree.

Been playing a lot of Path of Exile, basically a Diablo 2 clone. It's really entertaining, especially for a free game. I like how you can make whatever type of character you want rather than being stuck in a specific class's skill tree.

Intrigued by this. Kind of wanted to get back into Diablo 3, because I had a lot of fun with that game, but Path of Exile might be fresher. Tempted to try it.

Anybody play Heroes of the Storm? I just started playing it. Like, literally just this week.

Never played a MOBA before, but it seems pretty fun. Still just playing against AI's until I get the hang of it rather than completely embarrass myself with other real people, but so far so good.

Anybody play Heroes of the Storm? I just started playing it. Like, literally just this week.

Never played a MOBA before, but it seems pretty fun. Still just playing against AI's until I get the hang of it rather than completely embarrass myself with other real people, but so far so good.

Playing right now actually with my brother. We should play. I'm a total Blizz fanboy lol.

Intrigued by this. Kind of wanted to get back into Diablo 3, because I had a lot of fun with that game, but Path of Exile might be fresher. Tempted to try it.
I'm having fun with it. You should try it, there's no reason not to considering it is free. Just beat the final boss, died like 20+ times to him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."