• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Deadline Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Tribe supposedly interested in Marcell Ozuna CF on the Marlins.

He's young, has power, controlled through 2020 (but a Boras client so wouldn't sign extension beyond then.)

It would take a SP - could we move Bauer or Salazar and get him?
I think Miami would happily take Bauer or Salazar for their .660 OPS OFer in AAA. So yes, that would easily do it.

I think it would behoove the Tribe, though, to get him for something less than that. Ozuna has 'promise' but he also has warts. I think if the Tribe could interest the Marlins in Cody Anderson and another prospect- Jose Ramirez would be a fantastic fit for an NL team and he alternates between 'awful person' and 'great future utility guy' in the opinions of Indians fans- that would make more sense. Hell, might even be able to talk the Marlins into a Ramirez for Ozuna swap and use a lower rung pitcher than Anderson. Who knows.

Last edited:
Good time to trade for Ozuna...Last 10 games he's played in the majors hes 1/36 with 14 K's. The oblivious fans would love to see a guy like that come in for one of our top 3 pitchers.

Yes. I agree. Ozuna is only as good as his numbers this year and more specifically the last 10-game sample size. Potential and trajectory have no bearing when evaluating 24 yr old baseball players.

We should also trade Lindor because of his .673 OPS - too bad we won't get anything for him.

Yes. I agree. Ozuna is only as good as his numbers this year and more specifically the last 10-game sample size. Potential and trajectory have no bearing when evaluating 24 yr old baseball players.

We should also trade Lindor because of his .673 OPS - too bad we won't get anything for him.
Fans had Kipnis as a lost cause to start the year. Ozuna is struggling after 1000 big league ABs, which is at the point where a there is a good scouting report out on a hitter and they have had time to adjust.. So if they are struggling at that point, and you can't find an extenuating circumstance like an injury, it speaks to a hitters ability to adjust. Generally it doesnt lead to a guys value going up.

Really, if you think Marcell Ozuna is a great way to use a talent like a Bauer or Salazar then by all means advocate for it. But some of us would like to see more gained from trading one of those two, or rather, to use something else to get Ozuna- whose value should have taken a hit of some kind.

I actually like the trade for Colorado. Team like that needs to stockpile young arms any way it can.

This is Tulowitzki's worst year by a pretty wide margin since 2008 (throwing out 2012 where he missed 70% of the season). If this season is the trend and he's a 2.5-3.0 WAR player moving forward instead of the 5.5-6.0 WAR player he has been, that's a pretty steep price to pay both in terms of prospects and salary for that production.

Then again, he could bounce back and have three monster seasons in a row after this and make me look like an asshole.

They should look to flip Reyes and add even more.

No way would Ozuna command a long-term, high quality MLB starting pitcher in return...no way.

Reactions: AZ_
Hasn't Antonetti been strongly against trading any of our starting pitchers?

He has a point, too. Even if we do need hitting.

I never really like the idea of trading pitching for hitting, ideally. Even though we do need better hitters.

If we move someone, we should be getting back a top level prospect that can play.

I don't know much about Ozuna to really give an opinion. I just looked up his numbers, having a down year, but showed power last year.

I think I'd pass on trading anyone in our rotation. I know I've been disappointed in our offense, like many of you, but I've never said I wanted to jeopardize our pitching.

KC just scalping it's farm system. Sean Manaea for Ben Zobrist.

Detroit looks like they aren't gonna sell on Price or Cespedes, either.

This year is awful - but it'd be really nice if those two teams sold off their future while we are struggling anyway.

Detroit looks like they aren't gonna sell on Price or Cespedes, either.

This year is awful - but it'd be really nice if those two teams sold off their future while we are struggling anyway.

Detroit already has sold off their future. They have 1 top 100 prospect according to BaseballProspectus, ranked 98th before the season started, and he's currently posting a slash of .238/.305/.314 in A ball...all they can do now is hope that their big time players defy the aging process (already destroying Verlander, who they still owe 112 million to over his next 4 guaranteed years).

Future of our division goes through Minnesota.

I was saying that the average fan who has blinders on and does a Google search would be mad. People who are actually educated and watch the game understand the talent he has.

Reactions: Nom
I was saying that the average fan who has blinders on and does a Google search would be mad. People who are actually educated and watch the game understand the talent he has.

I don't know if they can win this deadline - even if they do something crazy like Carrasco for Piug. This season was just such a disaster.

Puig is such an overrated douche. I hate how good people think he is.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."