• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NFL Offseason Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
anyone got the picture of JPP's hand that Schefter tweeted?

Awesome. Pleasantly surprised that Goodell didn't cave.

Justice has been served.

A judge will laugh him out of the court for destroying key evidence if he wants to challenge.

I'm glad that his reputation is irrevocably damaged. What a chump.

A judge will laugh him out of the court for destroying key evidence if he wants to challenge.

I'm glad that his reputation is irrevocably damaged. What a chump.
Since when is the NFL a court? At what point did a court order him to submit thus? How exactly is the NFL entitled to Tom Brady's personal phone records? Is YOUR employer entitled to yours? I'm blown away how OK people are with how intrusive a private, billion dollar non-profit organization is allowed to go to investigate who deflated their balls.

Since when is the NFL a court? At what point did a court order him to submit thus? How exactly is the NFL entitled to Tom Brady's personal phone records? Is YOUR employer entitled to yours? I'm blown away how OK people are with how intrusive a private, billion dollar non-profit organization is allowed to go to investigate who deflated their balls.

The court I was talking about was a legal court since Brady seems to be taking it in that direction now that he's not getting what he wants. Obviously, the NFL isn't "entitled" to his phone records, but you can't deny that destroying his phone only looks like he's trying to hide something. If you're in the clear then turn over your phone, Tom.

You also need to remember that Tom Brady has no legal right to play football. If he wants to be in the NFL he has to play by the rules agreed to by the league and the players. Those rules allow investigations to take place and for the Commissioner to rule on those cases. I don't see a court of law ruling in Brady's favor, but you never know.

Either way, it's pretty clear that a cover up operation took place, and for that more than deflating some footballs Brady has been suspended. I truly believe if he just came out and admitted that he did it or instructed people to do it he might have gotten hit with a one game suspension on top of a fine.

Since when is the NFL a court? At what point did a court order him to submit thus? How exactly is the NFL entitled to Tom Brady's personal phone records? Is YOUR employer entitled to yours?

No, my employer isn't "entitled" to my cell phone records. Of course, I'm also not "entitled" to continued employment, either.

And I'm especially not entitled to continued employment if my employer had a reasonable basis to believe I used my cell phone to commit fraud/engage in unethical conduct against my employer, and I refused to give access to that phone as part of the investigation. I'd point out that the NFL wasn't asking for complete access to all of his texts. Just the ones to/from the two Pats employees in question.

Anyway, the fact that Brady did not give up his phone proves he was not forced to do so. He made his choice, and the NFL made its choice. Everybody wins!

Too bad. I remember when we wanted Star.

Somehow the Steelers have transformed into an explosive offensive team with a questionable defense, never thought that before.

Thinking that "somehow" has a little to do with LeBeau leaving.

Thinking that "somehow" has a little to do with LeBeau leaving.

He just left this offseason and they weren't exactly stellar on D the last two years.

The bigger issue is that guys that were really good for a long time (Foote, Clark, Harrison, Polamalu, Taylor, Hampton, Keisel) got old and their drafting on the defensive side of the ball hasn't been that great the last 2-3 years.

One thing the Steelers used to be really good at was drafting guys in the middle rounds, sitting him for 1-3 years, then unleashing them as a starter when the guys in front of them got old, too expensive, ineffective. That hasn't really happened as much recently.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."