• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016 Draft Prospects Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Montreal Times
1/27/2018
Sports Page

"Former NFL flameout Johnny Manziel a revelation in second season with Montreal Alouettes, part owner Drake says."
He probably gets a shot with Dallas for 2 years before he has to go to Canada.

How the fuck did they not take Bridgewater?

Was this ever determined?

NO. For what its worth (RIzzo and Grossi claim they had him 1 on the draft board for QBs)
Farmer insists it was his choice. But, I get the feeling it was Haslem that messed up. I think Haslem realizes how poorly he handled the situation. With Teddy we would be talking about going 9-7 this year.

Pro day...short...small hands...Manziel hype

You know, stupid reasons like that.

At least.

herman-cain-smile.gif

Will that be as Weeden's backup? Or will Romo still be the starter?
Probably as a backup to sell jerseys. I guess it is possible him and Weeden are there at the same time. Better they are together there then here.

Back on topic

What are you the posters thoughts on Jared Goff? He has a first round grade by some scouts as of now.

How the fuck did they not take Bridgewater?

Was this ever determined?
Not just Bridgewater but Odell Beckham. Instead the Browns selected two of the Angulo brothers.

Not just Bridgewater but Odell Beckham. Instead the Browns selected two of the Angulo brothers.

My god, could anyone imagine the venom that would've been spewed if OBJ was drafted by the Browns and got injured like he did? He would've been a bust before he got on the field.

My god, could anyone imagine the incredibly improved position the Browns would be in with OBJ/Bridgewater? :chuckle:

The worst part is, those are not even pie in the sky "out-there" draft choice. Those picks were perfectly within their reach at the places the Browns were picking. If I recall, people on these very forums were pining for both. No use dwelling on it, i suppose. But the drafting of this team needs to improve tenfold and it needs to improve now.

My god, could anyone imagine the venom that would've been spewed if OBJ was drafted by the Browns and got injured like he did? He would've been a bust before he got on the field.
Hmm, good point- only in Cleveland would they harp about an injury while ignoring he is already one of the best WRs in football. Guess the team is better off with Sammy Davis II.

Last edited:
My god, could anyone imagine the incredibly improved position the Browns would be in with OBJ/Bridgewater? :chuckle:

The worst part is, those are not even pie in the sky "out-there" draft choice. Those picks were perfectly within their reach at the places the Browns were picking. If I recall, people on these very forums were pining for both. No use dwelling on it, i suppose. But the drafting of this team needs to improve tenfold and it needs to improve now.
Hopefully the 15 draft proves to be a huge building block. Erving and Shelton should be here for a long time, and they should help us win games as soon as this year. Scouts seem to have a high grade on Duke J. as well
WE will need to add a QB and a probably another offensive weapon (TE or WR) this April.
I feel much better now then we when we were fooling around with Colt Mccoy, Mo Mass and Robiske (My god was that ugly!)

Hopefully the 15 draft proves to be a huge building block. Erving and Shelton should be here for a long time, and they should help us win games as soon as this year. Scouts seem to have a high grade on Duke J. as well
WE will need to add a QB and a probably another offensive weapon (TE or WR) this April.
I feel much better now then we when we were fooling around with Colt Mccoy, Mo Mass and Robiske (My god was that ugly!)

I agree, the safe draft route was the correct one. But I think they need to address QB/WR/TE a bit further and upgrade the skill positions, which will be harder for a terrible drafting team like the Browns to hit on than DL/OL. If they can nail a few drafts in a row this team will be on the rise. Shit, if this draft and next year's just turn out nicely and the QB is addressed we could finally be on track. But it's a process and blowing first rounder after first rounder has just hurt this franchise so much.

I agree, the safe draft route was the correct one. But I think they need to address QB/WR/TE a bit further and upgrade the skill positions, which will be harder for a terrible drafting team like the Browns to hit on than DL/OL. If they can nail a few drafts in a row this team will be on the rise. Shit, if this draft and next year's just turn out nicely and the QB is addressed we could finally be on track. But it's a process and blowing first rounder after first rounder has just hurt this franchise so much.
Yeah that decision on JM set us back 2-3 years there is no denying it. We just really need to get a QB this April. We take the wrong QB again and that will be it for Farmer. It will be the most important Football decision of his life

Yeah that decision on JM set us back 2-3 years there is no denying it. We just really need to get a QB this April. We take the wrong QB again and that will be it for Farmer. It will be the most important Football decision of his life
It is unfortunate that we have to look ahead like this - but honestly I'm really excited for it. We will almost certainly have a chance (probably even a choice) of the top crop of QBs in the draft. The 2016 Draft will be our best chance of taking the Franchise to another level for years. Fuck up (again), and it's another 3-5 years of limbo. But the potential/possibility of adding a true franchise QB to the team for the first time...in my life, has me really excited.

I really wasn't into the draft this year at all, because the writing was already on the wall for us this season (I did like our draft, though). But I'm already stoked for the 2016 draft (also doesn't hurt that Ohio State very well may be breaking records in that draft).

And if we don't take a QB with our top 5 or top 10 pick, we riot. Seriously, I'll be down to riot.

This season will be tough to watch but better things are coming...

I hope.

It is unfortunate that we have to look ahead like this - but honestly I'm really excited for it. We will almost certainly have a chance (probably even a choice) of the top crop of QBs in the draft. The 2016 Draft will be our best chance of taking the Franchise to another level for years. Fuck up (again), and it's another 3-5 years of limbo. But the potential/possibility of adding a true franchise QB to the team for the first time...in my life, has me really excited.

I really wasn't into the draft this year at all, because the writing was already on the wall for us this season (I did like our draft, though). But I'm already stoked for the 2016 draft (also doesn't hurt that Ohio State very well may be breaking records in that draft).

And if we don't take a QB with our top 5 or top 10 pick, we riot. Seriously, I'll be down to riot.

This season will be tough to watch but better things are coming...

I hope.
I actually think we may be drafting out of the top 10. My guess is in the 11-16 area. Still (it is super early but there seems to be 3-5 qbs who have 1st round grades. Should be able to get one of them, but we will probably be looking at the 3rd of 4th guy if we finish 7-9 or 8 and 8. We need to be competitive so guys like Mack and Gipson have reason to stay. Plus I am not sure there will be a huge difference between Hackenburg and Goff who would go 5-10 picks apart. If Cardale plays and starts and hase a huge year he will be out of our range for sure. I think hackenburg will prob go top 5-7 as well. Right now Goff and Kessler are legit targets, but there are other qbs who are also boarderline first round talents as well

When it comes to quarterback position, coaching matters so much more than people give credit. I'm immediately more interested in Hackenberg and Cook just because they have been learning pro style playbooks. Lots of football to be played before the draft, hope I'm wowed by more than one option.

When it comes to quarterback position, coaching matters so much more than people give credit. I'm immediately more interested in Hackenberg and Cook just because they have been learning pro style playbooks. Lots of football to be played before the draft, hope I'm wowed by more than one option.
Have you seen Goff live?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."