• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New TV Series to watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Obvious follow up question for @The Oi

Which of you is the Bradley Cooper and which is the Michael Ian Black?

Next follow up question: Who played a more over-the-top hilarious antagonist - Paul Rudd as the douche camp counselor in WHAS or Alan Rickman as the closeted gay Sherrif of Nottingham in Prince of Theives?

Just watched Wet Hot American Summer. Weirder than I thought it would be. I was waiting for that gif part the whole time. It looks like the tv series is a "prequel" so I guess that is the joke because they are actually older. Cast is so stacked though.

I will be amazed if TD manages to pull it all together, it will take a work of genius

I was a huge fan, but it's definitely a niche show. Not enough people fell into that niche to keep it going, unfortunately.

It was more that Sorkin was tired of the critics attacking him all the time and deciding it wasn't worth it anymore. They've labeled him a sexist all the way back to his west wing days and review him as such.

The same is happening with pizzolatto, tbh. He did an interview calling them out after last season and ever since they've railed against him. Season 2 could have been amazing and it wouldn't have mattered.

2 episodes in to The Newsroom. I like it a lot already.

I think it's a fun show with snappy dialogue, but Sorkin is obviously up on his soap box, which is really easy when all the stories you're covering happened a year earlier so you know exactly who was right and who was wrong. The Newsroom is basically The Daily Show if Jon Stewart took himself way too seriously.

I know you're watching the show late so the timeline doesn't matter as much. Just remember that the show, when it was aired, took place a year in the past. To me, that takes a little bit away from what the show could have been. It's easy to preach about the past. It's a lot harder to preach about the present and do it from the correct position.

I am almost done with The Wire.

Newsroom or Veep? Any other show on Amazon/Netflix you recommend? I know that leaves it open to thousands of shows, but throw a couple out there, if you will.

I like shows such as: The Blacklist, Gotham, The Wire, Arrested Development, GoT, Blue Bloods, SoA, Breaking Bad, Vikings, True Detective, Dexter, House of Cards, Modern Family, just to name the ones I can think of straight off the top of my head.

I am thinking VEEP.

Modern Family is love. Such a brilliant show. Great writing, great characters and great acting. :)

Newsroom or Veep? Any other show on Amazon/Netflix you recommend? I know that leaves it open to thousands of shows, but throw a couple out there, if you will.

I like shows such as: The Blacklist, Gotham, The Wire, Arrested Development, GoT, Blue Bloods, SoA, Breaking Bad, Vikings, True Detective, Dexter, House of Cards, Modern Family, just to name the ones I can think of straight off the top of my head.

I am thinking VEEP.

Have you watched Person Of Interest? Give it a try.

That, and Fringe.

And since you have watched Breaking Bad, watch Better Call Saul.

I think it's a fun show with snappy dialogue, but Sorkin is obviously up on his soap box, which is really easy when all the stories you're covering happened a year earlier so you know exactly who was right and who was wrong. The Newsroom is basically The Daily Show if Jon Stewart took himself way too seriously.

I know you're watching the show late so the timeline doesn't matter as much. Just remember that the show, when it was aired, took place a year in the past. To me, that takes a little bit away from what the show could have been. It's easy to preach about the past. It's a lot harder to preach about the present and do it from the correct position.

So kind and my political ideologies are quite close so I've loved all his stuff his mistake was going alone on such a complex idea. He needed a writing staff. I think setting it in real event gave him an opportunity to educate the watcher in how the 24hr news media change stories

I am thinking VEEP.

Both of those are good. Have you watched Rome? If not, you should. Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and John Adams are all great historical miniseries as well.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."