• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Windows 10

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Called X

Resident asshole
Reaction score
So, who's running it?

I force downloaded it today, running smooth. Noticeably quicker and more responsive. Haven't messed around with it a bunch other than doing some streaming to it with my Xbox One.

I'll say I'm pretty impressed so far.

I had been using a pirated Windows 7 Ultimate was able to switch over to Windows 10 Pro using the download tool in the link above with zero problems so far. The only driver that needed to be manually updated was Nvidia, everything else was automatic. All games and apps seem to be running just fine. Fingers crossed, but this has been way smoother than expected.

Seems OK so far. I wasn't very experienced with Windows 8, but 10 seems a little nicer.

The only problem I have after the upgrade is the logitech webcam driver/software compatibility.

I had been using a pirated Windows 7 Ultimate was able to switch over to Windows 10 Pro using the download tool in the link above with zero problems so far. The only driver that needed to be manually updated was Nvidia, everything else was automatic. All games and apps seem to be running just fine. Fingers crossed, but this has been way smoother than expected.

Don't count on that lasting. Heard they were going to disable it after a certain time.

I'm using windows 7 Enterprise N. Unfortunately the enterprise version doesn't get the free upgrade because it is meant for multiple computer in a business. My gf bought this key from technet a long time ago and it's good for like 60 computer or something. @gourimoko , you can change your product key for windows in the system info. If i got my hands on a non enterprise key, do you know if that would change it to a non enterprise version of the OS, and thus, let me upgrade?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPfsr8BBdA8

Imma hold out on it for a while. I might update my Thinkpad Tablet 2 since its a piece of shit on Win 8.1 anyways

I upgraded my laptop, I'm not overly impressed. I'll stick with Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell, on my desktop, until a Media Center alternative is available.

@TyGuy

Microsoft has a tool and instructions as to how to properly downgrade from Enterprise to Professional.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...l/cfebbc77-683a-4d32-bf3a-e897619a82f7?auth=1

Once you perform the downgrade, you should be able to "upgrade" to Windows 10.
I'm not going to need a key specific to the version i'm downgrading to? Will my gf be able to do the same thing since we share the same enterprise key? From what I gather, upgrading to win 10 registers your motherboard for the license. I'm just wondering if this key will be able to register multiple upgrades since it was meant for multiple computers anyway.

I'm not going to need a key specific to the version i'm downgrading to? Will my gf be able to do the same thing since we share the same enterprise key?

You need a Pro license. There's no way around that.

From what I gather, upgrading to win 10 registers your motherboard for the license.

That's not possible.

OEM Windows 10 licenses store their key information in the EFI flash of motherboards sold with Windows 10. This can be easily duplicated, erased, etc.

Retail Windows 10 does not rely on EFI license checks but the usual product keys; those product keys have a finite number of uses before Microsoft simply stops accepting them.

I'm just wondering if this key will be able to register multiple upgrades since it was meant for multiple computers anyway.

Maybe, maybe not. If it's a valid license, it couldn't hurt to try in a virtual machine or on another partition.

So twice now, I've had my sound mess up. It'll start giving me like an echo effect on all my sound. Nothing changed in realtek audio device, nothing else. A couple restarts later, after I go back in to check the realtek settings, it'll fix itself. I change nothing in the settings.

Notice that every couple restarts or so most of the software I have set to start on launch won't startup. But it's to be expected.

Synaptics Touchpad drivers don't work in Windows 10. Causes the pad to intermittently lock. If anyone is having this problem, go to Device Manager, find your touchpad device, go to Properties, then "Rollback Driver," to get the Microsoft drivers. If this doesn't work after reboot, simply uninstall the device and Windows will install the MS driver on your next boot up.

The problem is that gestures, scrolling, etc, don't work well with the MS drivers.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."