• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I would imagine that the Browns could have a legit shot at a guy like, say, Cody Kessler this year.

Assuming the USC hype train doesn't make him the #1 pick.

It's early, but IMO this will be a good year to get a toolsy QB outside of the Top 5.

There are plenty of intriguing guys with good arms and the right skill-set, but very very few finished products. Obviously, some guys are likely to take a large jump and set themselves apart, but I think this class may be relatively deep.

As for the Hoyer thing, I am more than comfortable revisiting a few weeks into the season. I was more interested in defending the proper use of a bridge quarterback. I remember crusty old Dave Kreig ended up starting a lot of games for a couple different franchises after the Seahawks and Chiefs let him go, and he was always up front with the developmental QB behind him. The ones who bitched that he wasn't supportive enough preparing them to be starters didn't amount to much when they got the job. This is shaping up to be one of those years I watch more football on Saturdays than Sundays. I will be watching the QB's with top 10 QB prospects as often as possible.

Big fan of Carson Wentz, Connor Cook, Jared Goff, Hackenburg, Paxton Lynch.

Patrick Towels at Kentucky is supposedly rising, I've never punished myself by watching a UK football game though.

Not even being a homer, but have to throw Jones in there.

Damn, I wish JT was 2-3in. taller. (who I still think will be the starter this year)

I like Jones for a team with an established QB situation.

For a team like Cleveland, likely playing early, he's no match for that.

Not even being a homer, but have to throw Jones in there.

Damn, I wish JT was 2-3in. taller. (who I still think will be the starter this year)
Why?

If anything, that will just make teams stupidly pass on him, like they did with Russell Wilson a few years ago.

Therefore, would theoretically make it easier for the Browns to get him.

Since Hoyer is still being discussed for whatever reason, USA today has him ranked 32/32 for starting QBs. McCown ranked 29th.

:woohoo3::popc1::(:alc::doh::stupid::vio (13):

This picture-story explains how I feel at the start of training camp through about week eight. Always start off excited, we do terrible week one and then I get depressed, in week two or three we get our first win, following that the coaching mishaps begin to occur week after week, and then following the end of the season (roughly week 8) I want to kill my love for sports until Cavs start. Go Browns :toast:

I like that game...I want to try:

:celb (4)::celb (23)::alc: (training camp & pre season, everything looking great. SOme good plays & skill goin forward)

:cha (40): (we get slaughtered game 1 and already give up on them)

:biggrinthumb::eek::detective: (in the next few weeks we will pull off a couple wins & I turn into Sherlock breaking down how we are heading to the playoffs this year)

:banghead: :anv (13): :disdain (29)::furious::fuyou 1::info (16): (we then go on a 4-6 game losing streak and it's just painful yet funny to watch)

:bigshock::bowdown::celb (15)::cwm13::cheering::foolish (6)::hsughr::gfight: (We somehow beat a wayyyyy better than us team, such as Seattle late in the season and I have no idea what to do with myself I end up at the gay bar for their $1 everything night, including reach-arounds)

:lgh (21)::ranting2: (Get back to reality, we lose the rest of our game(s).

:whogives: (The whole off season)

:mf boff: (When we start hearing about football in the news again......)

Having lived through the past 16 years of shit that this sorry excuse for a franchise has served up to its fan base, my response to EVERYTHING that happens to/with them is:

:whogives:

Well, at least we finally know Greg Brinda's screen name on RCF

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."