• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

August Team USA Mini-Camp and why I'm afraid

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kizzle

All-Star
Reaction score
Here's a list of players expected to attend the Team USA mini camp.
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love

Chandler Parsons
Steph Smells like Curry
Andre Drummond
Michael Carter Williams
Kawai Leonard
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
Harrison Barnes
The rest of the Warriors roster even Bogut and the ball boy
Blake Griffin
Mike Conley
Melo
Miles Plumlee
Damien Lilliard
Demar Derozen
Bradley Beal

Now I don't know about you but I want Kyrie and Love to cancel their commitment ASAP. Are they even serious? Of all the years is watched the Cavs THIS coming year is the only year that I believe we not only can win the title, but WILL win it. We literally just saw our season end because of injury I have no idea why our 2 most fragile players would even risk it. I just don't get it. We're still gonna win the gold even if it's Plumlee and Lilliard instead of Love and Kyrie.

I'm just picturing the headline in 5 months reading,"It's amazing how in half a year so much can change. In the offseason Cleveland were title favorites. Now after season ending injuries to Kyrie and Kevin Love on freak accidents they are struggling to compete against elite teams."

Yes I'm very nervous. And yes I do realize they can still back out and that they may not even make the team.

Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love

Chandler Parsons
Steph Smells like Curry
Andre Drummond
Michael Carter Williams
Kawai Leonard
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
Harrison Barnes
Blake Griffin
Mike Conley
Melo
Miles Plumlee
Damien Lilliard
Demar Derozen
Bradley Beal

Now I don't know about you but I want Kyrie and Love to cancel their commitment ASAP. Are they even serious? Of all the years is watched the Cavs THIS coming year is the only year that I believe we not only can win the title, but WILL win it. We literally just saw our season end because of injury I have no idea why our 2 most fragile players would even risk it. I just don't get it. We're still gonna win the gold even if it's Plumlee and Lilliard instead of Love and Kyrie.

I'm just picturing the headline in 5 months reading,"It's amazing how in half a year so much can change. In the offseason Cleveland were title favorites. Now after season ending injuries to Kyrie and Kevin Love on freak accidents they are struggling to compete against elite teams."

Yes I'm very nervous. And yes I do realize they can still back out and that they may not even make the team.
They are not playing, just there for support. You have nothing to worry about.

Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love

Chandler Parsons
Steph Smells like Curry
Andre Drummond
Michael Carter Williams
Kawai Leonard
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
Harrison Barnes
Blake Griffin
Mike Conley
Melo
Miles Plumlee
Damien Lilliard
Demar Derozen
Bradley Beal

They are injured, dude. They are basically there now to hangout so they can be considered for the Olympic roster in 2016.

Point remains, though, even though the time frame might not be right now. I get nervous when our guys have outside commitments too.

Point remains, though, even though the time frame might not be right now. I get nervous when our guys have outside commitments too.

Perhaps Kevin will give it a bye. He already has one gold medal. With his injury history he may decide against playing for Team USA again.

Kyrie though... Yeah, he wants a medal too.

Perhaps Kevin will give it a bye. He already has one gold medal. With his injury history he may decide against playing for Team USA again.

Kyrie though... Yeah, he wants a medal too.

Can't blame him, really. After an NBA championship, I'd have to think that an Olympic gold medal would have to be the one thing on the mantel that would mean the most when you're a geezer. Not as much because of the achievement, but for the entire experience.

ETA:

On a different note, I have to say that I've pretty much lost interest in the Olympics in general, and I use to love it. The core sports have been downgraded in favor of newer "sports" in an obvious effort to appeal more to women in particular, and the sense that you're watching something whose history goes back 2500 years has dissipated. It's slipping into X Games lite, which is fine if you're into the X Games, but it's not the Olympics.

Last edited:
That list is all kinds of bad. Wasn't Melo like the best player in the last Olympics? And now you have him off the team?

I'm not even a Melo fan, but lol..

That list is all kinds of bad. Wasn't Melo like the best player in the last Olympics? And now you have him off the team?

I'm not even a Melo fan, but lol..

I don't think you can justify having melo as part of team USA next season when you consider just how beefy the forward rotation is going to be on that team. Durant, LeBron, probably also George, and then there's the absolute shark tank that is the power forwards. Melo is hurt, he's on the decline and he's getting older. I don't think he'll be suiting up for team USA any more.

With switching tv providers last weekend, I didn't have NBAtv's actual channel # familiarized so I missed the real training camp and ESPN2's scrimmage coverage. Thank God I caught it now and NBA replays everything. I will probably fast forward through the scrimmage since I know no Love/Irving did anything and I don't think James was even at the scrimmage.

Can't blame him, really. After an NBA championship, I'd have to think that an Olympic gold medal would have to be the one thing on the mantel that would mean the most when you're a geezer. Not as much because of the achievement, but for the entire experience.

ETA:

On a different note, I have to say that I've pretty much lost interest in the Olympics in general, and I use to love it. The core sports have been downgraded in favor of newer "sports" in an obvious effort to appeal more to women in particular, and the sense that you're watching something whose history goes back 2500 years has dissipated. It's slipping into X Games lite, which is fine if you're into the X Games, but it's not the Olympics.

Such as?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."