• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

R.I.P. to Meek Mill. Cause of death: Bodied by a singing ni***

Am I the only one that doesn't care all that much about these Drake & Meek characters? They sound like they'd make a fantastic Disney show tandem, though.

Am I the only one that doesn't care all that much about these Drake & Meek characters? They sound like they'd make a fantastic Disney show tandem, though.

I really don't care much either. But what Drake did is still impressive.

I really don't care much either. But what Drake did is still impressive.

Yeah, I mean Meek missed his chance to put one over on Drake. Drake kind of flippantly released "Charged Up", which was just OK. Had Meek then released a good track right after that, the timing would have been perfect.

Now, he sat on his lazy ass, let Drake crush about a 550ft HR and he faces either 1. coming up with one of the best diss tracks ever as a response or 2. doing nothing and accepting his whooping. #1 is unlikely and #2 makes him look even worse. He kind of can't win now.

Yeah, I mean Meek missed his chance to put one over on Drake. Drake kind of flippantly released "Charged Up", which was just OK. Had Meek then released a good track right after that, the timing would have been perfect.

Now, he sat on his lazy ass, let Drake crush about a 550ft HR and he faces either 1. coming up with one of the best diss tracks ever as a response or 2. doing nothing and accepting his whooping. #1 is unlikely and #2 makes him look even worse. He kind of can't win now.

This honestly might end Meek's career. It was already hanging on by a thread, which is why I thought when this all started that Meek was gonna come out with something filthy and pop himself into relevance.

Instead, he called out probably the best rapper in the game right now and got served. Dude basically committed hip-hop suicide.

Edit: Oh, and how pissed is Nicki right now lol her tour just became a punchline.

You let TIP homie piss on you in a movie theater, we ain’t forget

7e59a5ecf7a0f519d5e4af03f6cd61b9.599x266x1.jpg

Well, damn

Instead, he called out probably the best rapper in the game right now and got served.

o_O

I listened to Back to Back just out of curiosity and while it was better than a lot of Drake's music it wasn't even that good. Drake is good at catchy sounding hooks but that's pretty much it. If this is what passes for the "best" rap out right now, I'm glad I'm not paying much attention to it.

o_O

I listened to Back to Back just out of curiosity and while it was better than a lot of Drake's music it wasn't even that good. Drake is good at catchy sounding hooks but that's pretty much it. If this is what passes for the "best" rap out right now, I'm glad I'm not paying much attention to it.

Depends on how much you value musicality. From that standpoint, he's the best.

o_O

I concur with this. How Drake could possibly be considered the best modern-day rapper is beyond me. I don't know a thing about Meek Mill either but the dude is barely audible - why do all these 2010+ rappers just fumble their words and "half-scream" through a verse when they rap? There's no diversity or dynamic in vocal or flow anymore and it's just bland. There's nothing sonically polished about it. Everything is so over-repetitive. And I say that as someone who has/had listened exclusively to hip-hop for the majority of my life.

But I guess that's why you get 14 year old girls at a Drake/Meek Mill/Lil Wayne show thinking it's the coolest thing that they've ever heard or seen. Just something that would never have happened when "rap" music was at its apex. It's difficult to want or expect more, when you're not familiar with artists that have come and gone (or those that are still around for that matter) that raised the bar for the long-term hip-hop historian and fan.

I'm just going to stick to my Tech N9ne's, Bone Thugs', Yelawolf's, Krizz Kaliko's of the world etc. as it's clear my taste has far outgrown modern-day hip-hop :)

What's everyone's thoughts on the Compton: Soundtrack album so far? Frankly, I'm still waiting for a "Dr. Dre" song...

I.JUST.BOUGHT.CALIFORNIA!

Hah

Compton a pretty decent album despite Dre having no rap skills left (not that he had much before)

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."