• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavaliers Offseason Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should go after him...Young, athletic and seemed to be a decent shooter in Houston's system. Plus we could bid high with our trade exception.

I watched a lot of Houston. Thought he was scrappy, but man he clanged a lot of 3's. He is athletic, but man not a good shooter. Not egregious, but a bit of a chucker.

i thought he showed flashes. a lot of good shooters have a tough rookie season. i bet the guy shoots high 30s from 3 this year.

He also looks good on defense from those clips. Long arms. Didn't see much of the Rockets play, so I'm not totally sure. I wouldn't mind em.

i think he's going to be good, not great, maybe a poor man's ginobili

Looks interesting, but seems pretty slow and his shooting percentages are really bad. Is he available for a vet minimum?

He also looks good on defense from those clips. Long arms. Didn't see much of the Rockets play, so I'm not totally sure. I wouldn't mind em.

honestly i wonder if they waived him already? we should offer our TPE and a 2nd for him...

i doubt we would though. I dont think dan wants 4.7 million more on the books.

Im telling you though, this kid is going to be a good NBA players, rotation guy for years to come. I liked what I saw his rookie year. At first I would watch him miss shots and think "this guy blows, why his he getting minutes?". Then as the season went on I was like, damn this kid can play, he's figuring it out. He ended up getting hurt unfortunately, would have liked to see him in the playoffs.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but with Blatt and Griff at the helm (Griff scouted Europe for the Suns, irc) I always think we are a possible landing spot for Euro guys.

Blatt coached in Greece while Kostas was there, so he might have a decent read on him as a player. I could see them bringing him in as a camp tryout guy in the mix with Harris and Pointer for one of the last couple spots on the roster.

Kostas could also take this opportunity to fuck off back to Europe for more money though, since I don't think he'll get any offers for more than the minimum unless Portland or Philly like him.

If he was slightly better three point shooter, he would have been a great fit for us. He is a good playmaker who can create his own shots and has got good footwork. Anyway, I really don't expect us to go for him. JR and TT will be the only ones we sign now, I assume. We would wait to see what the squad needs after some months and decide before trade deadline what to do with the TPE.

I want Kostas Papanikolaou just to hear AC struggle with it.
"Papa nick-o"
"Pa panic o lo"
*Proceeds to elbow Fred* "C'mon partner, say it for me!"

Here's the thing about KP...he'd provide young, fresh legs and fill in some athleticism to spare LeBron 10 minutes a game. We wouldn't need him to score. We've got more scorers than Houston does, especially now with Mo. Leave him out there with Kyrie and Love and we'd probably be fine.

We don't need to set the world on fire with LeBron's backup. I had talked about Wilson Chandler or Gallinari but when reality sets in you don't get someone young and with promise to come here to a stacked team to play 10 MPG. You either get old vets or cheap, flawed young guys. The key is fit, and KP can fill in with some much needed athleticism. He can defend adequately and isn't a guy you can get away with not guarding at all. He'd be a better 5th option on offense than Sir Dom. And if KP doesn't work out, let him go and bring up Sir Dom after a D-League stint where he works on his shot.

We have assets to make a move here, it's worth taking a flier on him.

It's great to bring up these players and all, but it takes 2 to make a deal. Would this dude really come here to play for 845K after earning 4.8M last season? Can definitely see him offered more money than we can offer from a team where he has a larger role than we can give him.

I want Kostas Papanikolaou just to hear AC struggle with it.
"Papa nick-o"
"Pa panic o lo"
*Proceeds to elbow Fred* "C'mon partner, say it for me!"
max_911003S.jpg

The bread fathers warn their daughters about.

Since we lost Perkins, can we sign Ronda Rousey to a 1 year contract as our enforcer? Pretty sure she'd never have to get on the court, just after any sort of flagrant foul on one of our guys she just stands up and stare downs the other team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."